Were Brits really influential in music or is it just a meme?

Were Brits really influential in music or is it just a meme?

The Sex Pistols are the most influential band ever. Retards can deny this all you want but it's just plain fact.

They're British.

I honestly can't think of a legitimately influential British artist in any genre of rock or electronic in the past 50 years.

They have the most important bands of prog rock, punk and post-punk, so kind of a no brainer here that they were at the forefront of rock music in the 70s

Also most well known electronic acts come from UK

>Inb4 metal and hard rock
plebbiest genres, no one in the academia listen to this

Sex Pistols? Lmao

UK music has been dull as shit in general for a couple of decades now.
When did it all go wrong?

chavs and nig culture

No. It's not a meme. UK has been at the forefront of popular music for at least 50 years by now.

Donk died

Stop listening to geetah music.
UK has been on the forefront of electronic music (dance music in particular) since '89.

*The Beatles (seeing as how they influenced the Sex Pistols)

Ftfy

Side note: Glen Matlock got kicked out of the Sex Pistols for idolizing Paul McCartney.

Grime wog music

rock:
King crimson,
Yes,
ELP
Basically all of the genre of prog rock

I will not entertain the suggestion that prog didn't influence rock so don't even try it.

Nothing of note or relevance has emerged from the British dance scene since grime/dubstep which was over a decade ago now.

The Beatles was certainly influenced by american rockist Buddy Holly, but it's not like this matters anyways

>grime
>bad

OI RUDEBOI SHUT UP

>grime
>dance music
huh?

Grime is most certainly dance music.

Sabbath, floyd, zeppelin, maiden
>not influential meme

>I honestly can't think of a legitimately influential British artist in any genre electronic in the past 50 years.
literally half of them, the other half being from germany

>not America
pls

ok well maybe like 20% pardnerland, 40% UK and 40% germany

Rave / breakbeat hardcore
Jungle
Drum & bass
Trip hop
Big beat
Broken beat
UK Garage
Dubstep
Grime

The Beatles, King Crimson and Sex Pistols cover the vast majority of rock music as far as influence