Sup Forums I have a friend who tried very hard to convince me I should respect or care about Muhammad Ali

Sup Forums I have a friend who tried very hard to convince me I should respect or care about Muhammad Ali.

I tried to tell him I can't respect a person who was famous for being in a sport where the intention is entirely to harm another human so severely they cant even function anymore and the game is over. Not to mention his arrogance on the same level as Kanye.

With that in mind, is there a real reason I should give the slightest of fucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E235XpAVJpk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You shouldn't, you're entitled to your own opintion, tell your friend to fuck off.

I'm glad that shakey race-baiting allah-loving nigger is dead

He was a staunch advocate against interracial coupling.

Gotta respect him for that.

He was islamic scum, so I don't miss him.

So far I like these opinions

I hope they use a George Foreman grill to cremate him

Because he was the best in the world at his craft. Something you'll never be. But I don't care either way do what you want bruh

Kek

fuck all muslims

Hes very strongly Christian.

No he wasn't you fag

What the fuck are you talking about?
He was a member of the Nation of Islam.

>Because he was the best in the world at his craft
>at his craft

why even post this after reading the OP post?

Also he dodged the draft.

Did you know him personally? Did he ever do anything for you or any group you're associated with?

Fucking CNN's covered with that shit. I can't even read the goddamn news anymore cuz it's full of politically correct, nigger-pandering bullshit. Front page is full of liberal-as-fuck op/ed pieces posing as news. Figured I'd go read big-black-cock news but they're just as full of shit. 4 fucking articles on the front page about dead-boxing-nigger. You'd think fucking Jesus died or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=E235XpAVJpk

hes a nigger lover

... and?

lel
very strong christian named muhamad

That makes him a coward. How can you respect a coward?

Lots of niggers punch people in the face, but he was the best

He was the best at that sport in the world but he also rose above it. He stood up for what he believed in and fought the government over his beliefs. He became an icon for the fight against Parkinson's. He also had a lot of great quotes and he had a great life.

That said, believe what you want. It really doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter what his craft was, he was the GOAT at it, he became something OP can't and won't

exactly

>He stood up for what he believed in

OP here. This was the argument my friend kept stressing, but couldn't go into any detail whatsoever. Perhaps you can?

Dont forget all his illegitimate children. One went to my highschool

you can't say the guy wasn't a mad cunt. he was a fucking god in the ring

You dont have to care but if people want to box, they consent to it. You act like they snatch people from the streets and force them to fight to the death. The boxers, even Ali, knew the risks. Every athlete knows the risks of the sports they play. Plus there is a line between arrogance and confidence and to achieve what you want, you need so much confidence that people mistake it for the latter. You don't have to care about Ali or boxing but accept the fact these are choice people make and leave them to their devices if they are not harming you.

That's fine, but being the best at something doesn't equal respect. A person can be the best serial killer but I sure wouldn't respect that.

Him being a muslim, it doesn't surprise me.

what a stupid fucking comparison

we dont talk about you right and no one ever will be, he is left a mark in history, something you could never do, success is important to us doesn't concern religion.

Both are intended to harm somebody.

He did what niggers do best - punch people in the face.
Truly inspirational.

He changed his name because he was a muslim you idiot.
Only until 1975, when be became a regular muslim.

this is what maxed out autism looks like

Who hasnt fought the government for what they believed in. That statement is so bland you could be talking about anyone from hitler to a feminist

what a great response

After the knockout, only those unwieldy gloves prevented him from stealing his opponents wallet

No.

I think Ali was a racists scumbag, but I can't agree with this.

He was pretty much promised a cushy, PR assignment miles away from any hint of danger. He was basically going to be getting the Elvis treatment.

Instead he sacrificed his championship, his livelihood and his freedom to refuse, because he didn't want his image to be used to convince other black men to go along with the war.

Ali was a piece of shit for a lot of reasons, but the draft thing wasn't one of them.

Naturalist things did he actually say? I know he did just wandering. Piers Morgan did a column on his life and mentioned how he has said much more racist etc things than Trump. And people are but hurt over it because they can't face the truth

*racist

You would respect if YOU were the one strapped to a chair with your soft yet soon to be hard, cut off, dick.

fucking draft dodging piece of shit, he should have been banned as well as stripped of the title

He was banned wasn't he?

If ur talking vietnam than hes not a pierce of shit. Your president that authorized the decision to depopulate the country is the piece of war starter shit.

Cassius Clay was an arrogant, caucasian-hating narcissist, on top of that a fucking muslim

Good riddance

he's was a fucking draft dodging coward who should have been deported

he wasn't a draft dodger you dumb fuck, he stayed in the US and faced the charges against him like a fucking man

but it's every white males fault that black people have it bad, didn't you know that?

>pussied out of military service like a fucking man

>pussied out of serving as human fodder in a rich man's "ideological" struggle
I feel sorry for anyone who feels "proud" of their service in that shithole jungle

>nigger beats up other niggers and thus becomes famous (huh)
>nothing happenes for 30 years and nobody gave the slightest shit
>he dies
>OMG HE WAS THE BESTESTEST PERSON IN THE WORLD, I'M GONNA MISS HIM SO MUCH

seriously, fuck those shitheads.

>fedora tipping overload

they'll feed you bullshit about how he stood up against being drafted in Vietnam. but for all anyone knows, he was a coward and thought it was beneath him, so he thought of anyway ti get out of going.

>le meme captain

still a dodger there rodger

you know what i mean harry

>Who hasnt fought the government for what they believed in
you

While I have no interest in boxing, he was the best at what he decided to use his life for.

I too have no respect for him. But only because the only thing this dude ever did was win some fights (and lose some too).

He's hailed as a "hero" for being a fucking coward and not wanting to fight in Vietnam, while tens of thousands of his "black brothers" went over there (like good citizens) and did their part.

After that, he ran around calling people "whitey" when the only reason he had a life or career was because of White People, including the Supreme Court (comprised of nothing but Old White Men and one semi-white Negro) who let him off the hook for pulling the "Mah religion sez mah ass don' go to no vietnam" bullshit.

At the end of this dudes life, what the fuck did he accomplish other than being famous?

That is the problem with society today. We elevate people to this god-like status and lavish them with honors and praise and accolades well after they've ever done anything useful or interesting.

Meanwhile, some schmo in some city gets his ass up every morning and goes to work where he voluntarily runs into a burning building to save a baby. Maybe the local Rotary Club holds a Pancake Breakfast in his honor, but no one else knows who this guy is.

Welcome to the fucked up world, Kids...

>He's hailed as a "hero" for being a fucking coward and not wanting to fight in Vietnam, while tens of thousands of his "black brothers" went over there (like good citizens) and did their part.

"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go ten thousand miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights?" Ali, February, 17, 1966.

q4yye5u4wy54w

Fuck Him. That was just an excuse. He didn't want to go. Lots of people didn't want to go. He's a HERO because he didn't want to fight for his country? What does that make the tens of thousands of blacks that DID?

>a sport where the intention is entirely to harm another human

You sound like an effeminate homosexual.

he was banned and stripped of his title. He objected on moral and religious grounds, he was a conscientious objector. But the army said no. He was stripped of his titles and banned. This was in 1966, he wasn't allowed to fight again until 1972 when the SCOTUS ruled that his conscientious objector claim was valid.

Underated kek

The Parkinson's saved us from 30 years of listening to him talk shit about whitey

you fucked up son. read the image

>he didn't want to fight for his country?
think about that statement really hard. think about what vietnam was (ostensibly) for, and what it actually accomplished. why are some people so fanatically willing to go (literally) throw their lives away on some career politician's scheme to get rich, in the name of "fightin fer muh cuntry! FREEDUM YEAHH WOO USA LET'S GO KILL SUM FUCKIN BROWN PEOPLE!"

>it's full of politically correct, nigger-pandering bullshit. Front page is full of liberal-as-fuck op/ed pieces posing as news
Nigger what are you talking about? Moderate and conservative newa outlets are doing the same. It's called celebrity worship, it has nothing to do with millenial SJWs.

This

Another darkie died. This one was a mudslime as well. I suppose the other nig nogs will be hootin and hollarin for a while over it. But nah op you don't have to care. I don't .

No question about Vietnam being an utter waste (and I was ALIVE during that time, but too young to fight - 10 years old in '69).

That isn't the point. If we let each individual decide if he or she wants to comply with the law - and the Draft WAS the law at the time - then we may as well not have a society.

My point about Ali is that he got elevated to this cult status figure and hailed as a Hero when the truth is he was a whiny bitch who didn't think the rules applied to HIM.

Sure, he could fight - awesome - lots of guys could fight too, and a couple kicked his ass in the ring - but to hail him like he was Mother Teresa is just bullshit.

He Nig-Nogged his way through life - 9 fucking kids with how many different women?? Didn't want to follow the law? Wanted to talk shit about "whitey" while acting like a total nigger?

Yup. He's a Hero all right.

Haha do Americans still equate sending 18 year olds to Vietnam as bravery?

nigger who adopted a sand nigger nom-de-plume

how can anyone love this?

How are you conservative milleniala pro Vietnam? That is fucking retarded kek. What patriotic bullshit did your history teachers tell you?

>DON'T QUESTION THE SYSTEM YOU LITTLE SHITSTAIN!

When you are told to go fight and/or die, for whatever reason, you gotta be scared shitless (or crazy). So yeah, to actually get on the bus and go to the base and then get on the airplane and go to the battlefield takes "bravery" which is not much more than the suppression of our natural fears.

So yeah. it IS brave for an 18 year old to go fight. What point were you trying to make? That sucking cock is your own way of showing bravery?

Yes, fucks should be given. If every nigger were as openly racist Cassius Clay then the world would be a better place.

Segregation
No Interracial Marriages or Offspring
No Black Lives Matter
No Ghettos

I could go on all day!

If everyone could just be honest, we'd live in a much happier place, with a no fucking niggers!

>it takes bravery to go along with a system that is nothing more than a human slaughter machine
the brave ones are the ones that stand up and fight against this shit. and who get beaten down by the very people whose lives they are trying to improve. we are just like crabs in a bucket my friend.

Not his fault you grew up to be a bitch

Its brave for an 18 year old to go and fight on his own accord. He shouldnt have to fucking do it just because hes forced into it. You know how many innocent lives were lost because they were forced into going and fighting in Nam? I don't cause I'm not a shithead 'mericunt but Its a fucking retarded system

>Who hasnt fought the government for what they believed in.
You, every anarchist on Sup Forums, every faggot on Sup Forums, most Europoor, etc.

Hell the militia that took over that federal American bird sanctuary were complete pussies too dumb to figure out how much supplies they need. The one that tried to fight police and locals was shot and his pussy "comrades" cried about it with their dildo collection

Wanna bet how many White Women Ali fucked?

He was all over that interracial thing when it came to white pussy... kek.

You come to the realization when you're old that everyone in the world is just as full of shit as you yourself are. That's why you see pictures of old dudes sitting by the fire drinking scotch by themselves smiling. It's the realization that the world is one fucked up place, and that their only true friend is a good dog and a very tall drink.

>I tried to tell him I can't respect a person who was famous for being in a sport where the intention is entirely to harm another human so severely they cant even function anymore and the game is over.
wrong
the intention is to score more points

That nigger was the niggerest. Good riddance to a voice that never should of been heard, thanks sjw warriors from the 1960s. Nigger lovers.

>reading comprehension 3/10
You butthurt fag?

"hurr durr, I shouldn't have to fight if I don't want toooooo. You can't make meeeee! Where's my trophy for showing up!?!"

Fucking kiddos. Your lunch is going to be eaten by either the Chinese or Russians.

Sometimes you gotta fight, and not just because you FEEL like it.

>What point were you trying to make?
Read the fucking conversation retard. But what's the point in asking after your butthurt rant?

did the KICK ASS?

>black (nigger)
>muslim
>anti-white
>braindead
>played a violent sport
>before my time

The man hardly deserves to be a celebrity.

I'm a white guy, and I make sure that my idols are white guys. I don't look up to blacks and I cannot relate to them in any way. Any white male who idolizes niggers (Lebron, Kobe, any NBA nigger, Cam Newton, etc), doesn't deserve to be called a white male. Youre a disgrace to your race if you look up to theae subhumans.

>Sometimes you gotta fight, and not just because you FEEL like it.
yup. WWII was one of those times. nam wasn't.

Naw, bro. Butt is feeling pretty ok today. Thanks for asking.

>he should have been banned as well as stripped of the title
he was tho...

Thanks, LBJ. Thought you were dead.