Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4AkGNHkrtnc
youtube.com/watch?v=goDd02TTxBA
youtube.com/watch?v=Nn6psJH_IRk
youtube.com/watch?v=SyA4IcQehy0
youtube.com/watch?v=e9r6RgBTh0U
youtube.com/watch?v=G8ll5cKqplE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why haven't you bought the new box set yet lads?

I'm a poorfag without a vinyl player.

>vinyl player

It's got CDs too tho

>ambient

whats the appeal?
im genuinely curious. its nothing more than background noise studying music

Listen harder newfag

whatever, I can't afford it, fuck off

That comes with the vinyl release. You can't buy it separately if I'm correct.

no lmao
it's music to lose yourself in, to be transported into another world for an hour
it can also double as background music if you wish however

Gas is music to immerse yourself in a lose yourself a little. It's very relaxing and beautiful if you let it happen.

I found his other albums more pleasing, but this one is very pleasant nonetheless.

Seamless music desu. It works so well.

It does things to your head. Good ambient music can affect your mind in a visceral way... it's like looking at an optical illusion or something but for your head. It can also just be incredibly beautiful, comfy, cathartic, scary, and sad. It just does so in a subtle way.

Here, let me give you a couple of songs that might change your mind:

Machinefabriek - Dauw
youtube.com/watch?v=4AkGNHkrtnc

Aphex Twin - Stone in Focus
youtube.com/watch?v=goDd02TTxBA

Stars of The Lid - Music For Twin Peaks, Episode #30 (Part I)
youtube.com/watch?v=Nn6psJH_IRk

Let me know what you think of them.

Listen to him OP: Aphex Twin and Stars of the Lid are classics.

I wouldn't call Machinefabriek ambient but it's a good track nevertheless.

Top 10 album of all time for me.

Listen to this if you havent already.

Get Nah und Fern used lad.

Man, Oval is so good. I've really got into their music over the last year, Systemisch being my favorite album from them. I undestand Björk got a lot of inspiration on Vespertine from this album.

Top 10 album for me, and Pop 1 would be my choice for favorite track of all time if I had to choose.

Yeah Dauw isn't *really* ambient but it's close enough imo. Ambient, like most genres anyway, is a bit fuzzy around the edges with glitch, drone, noise, EAI, downtempo, techno, new age, and so on. I think it's fair enough to call it ambient even if it isn't exactly what Brian Eno and Klaus Schulze had in mind.

>but for your head
I mean *but for your ears

the last track is not such as good as the rest of the album

pleb. The last song is an ode to the ambient techno sound he had before. It always gives me chills.

oh :'(

I can 100% see how the project was inspired by doing Psychedelics in the forest. The music itself is very reminiscent of the experience, every little hiss and loop and pitch swing reminds me of the echoing of the forest as your mind takes in all the detail around and mixes its own distortions and hallucinations on top. It's like Wolfgang Voigt laid down by a river one day, dropped 2 tabs, and then put a microphone in his brain.

never understood the love for gas, his stuff is pretty boring except for love inc

love this dude

as far as dauw is concerned, it is definitely ambient. eai doesnt exclude it from that

Koningforst is here its at.

>try looking for the original issues of Gas' albums on slsk to see and hear how different they are to the Nah Und Fern versions
>all copies on slsk are just the Nah Und Fern versions separated and retagged

I love Love Inc senpai, I believe everyone loves Pop because it's easy to listen to as most of their projects are just heavily focused on loops. I don't really like it as it reminds me of that hack William Basinski

gas without the technoid beats is really just slightly above average field recordings stuff innit

the beats provide an interesting rhythmic element which makes the tracks more unique and special compared to basinski & co,

oh nah I love loops and heavy repetition (and I love d|p), the atmosphere and the melodies are just so static and bland to me

Doesn't include the first album, which desperately needs a repress

nice trips lad, def agree on everything you said but I believe most of the magic is in those nature recordings

his first lp is still on nah und fern sans 2 tracks

good luck getting the guy's very first ep without spending 50+ euros on discogs

youtube.com/watch?v=SyA4IcQehy0

I must say, I had never listened to ambient music before this summer when I first came to Sup Forums, but now I'm in love with it. However, I feel overwhelmed as I keep finding new artists and albums every day, and I feel like I must stop and just listen more to the ones I've already found. Some of the artists I have now is

BoC
Grouper
Aphex Twin
Ulrich Schnauss
Ray Lynch
Benn Jordan
Stars Of The Lid
Brian Eno
William Basinski

Is this an OK base to settle down with for now, or do you have any other obligatory albums that i need to listen to right now?

how... does this pepe work, wow

compression

just listen to what you're happy with
why the fuck do you need some internet strangers to tell you what you should be listening to

lol i did the exact same thing

sure

its trash

there u go

Tfw u have an actual copy of Konigsforst

I love Gas. Wolfgang Voigt is so great. I have nothing but good things to say about him. He does his own thing, ignores conventions. He's like the ZUN of German techno.

I think Pop 4 is the best track on the album. It's amazing. How does he do it?

Mint is also pretty great, and even more overlooked than Gas.

youtube.com/watch?v=e9r6RgBTh0U

but that's the best track

youtube.com/watch?v=G8ll5cKqplE

Studio 1 is also really ill. It's like a really bizarre Basic Channel. Voigt always has these weird polka rhythms. Even in Gas, there's a bit of polka influence.

What the fuck.

gas physical copies are neat, i have both the Pop LP and CD

>GAS