Favorite pre-Pet Sounds Beach Boys album?

Just listened to this all the way through for the first time, and was kind of surprised at how consistent it was compared to their other early stuff.

Previously, Summer Days and Today were probably my favorite early Beach Boys albums. All Summer Long is pretty good too.

But I didn't really think any track on here was noticeably poor and it also has some career best tracks with Don't Worry Baby and The Warmth of the Sun.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cDlYZcbExps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Definitively Today, followed by All Summer Long. Party is also underrated and great fun

Yeah, I heard a lot about how terrible Party was, but it was pretty alright, albeit goofy

Today is their 3rd best album

I like Today! but I feel that Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!) isn't getting enough recognition in this thread.
Girl Don't Tell Me, Help Me Rhonda, and Let Him Run Wild are some of my favorite Beach Boys songs.

Today and Summer Days

... Surfin USA isn't bad either

Nicest kids you'll ever meet
Twisted fucking psycho paths

kek

Yeah, I'm a big fan Summer Days. Today is probably the more consistent of the 2 albums, but I think SD&SN has higher highs

>slingshot
What a twisted fuck

She Knows Me Too Well is their best song.

electronic farts

what was with brians hair back then anyways
very mid-2000s emo
true statement
along with please let me wonder

>white pants
>black socks
>white shoes
fashion icon

also i like surfin usa too, but mostly just for land ahoy and the lonely sea

he was so qt :)

i knowww
that reminds me, anyone else like cuckoo clock
its their cutest song, brian imitating a cuckoo bird
youtube.com/watch?v=cDlYZcbExps

lol hes the only one whos not smiling

what was their best song post pet sounds and post smile

'Til I Die, obviously

All I Wanna Do

Probably All Summer Long, but the only ones I don't really like that much are Surfin' Safari and the Christmas Album

Celebrate the News

YES
the
>when I sit and close my eyes, a gentle thought comes in my mind
>my love is burning brightly, like the moon and stars shine nightly
part
hits me every time
its so beautiful, and so ahead of its time

same, surfin' safari is probably one of my lowest rated beach boys albums, despite the fact that it has 2 of my favorite beach boys songs on it
thats part of what i love about the beach boys, even on their worst albums they have a few gems

Girl Don't Tell Me is a bit too similar to Ticket to Ride

who the fuck is that in the middle??

?

i guess its somewhat similar, but its barely similar
there are tons of songs that sound a little bit alike

the trader

They were getting better by that point but I still found it to be quite flawed at times. IMO All Summer Long was their first album that is relatively devoid of duds, although not flawless, it's not a chore to sit through.

But I would give Today! the honor of being their best Pre- Pet Sounds. Though Summer Days comes close, and depending on my mood I may prefer it. Shame they took a step backward for that album as far as much of they lyrical content goes. But Brian's writing and the overall sound of the album was still showing improvement over Today!.

I like A Day In The Life of a Tree

really? i feel like i hear a lot of people criticize that one
ive never minded it, but ive seen people group it in with student demonstration time