Well. Sup Forums is fairly quiet so I thought we could have a chat. 60-yo UK engineerfag. Married. No kids. Not wise...

Well. Sup Forums is fairly quiet so I thought we could have a chat. 60-yo UK engineerfag. Married. No kids. Not wise, just old.

Ask me anything - honesty guaranteed except where I feel my identity could be compromised. Over to you

I plan on going into engeneering, not sure which yet.
What one do you do? Do you regret it?

What is your dick like?

Do you think we should leave the EU?

I'm mechanical. It's been good to me. If I had my time over I'd go into software engineering - my mind seems to work in a manner that suits it. Too late now

Bit of a chode. Just under 6" long, 6.5" circumference at the root. Uncut.

Why don't you have kids OP?

This

That's a tough one and I'm still thinking about it. Fundamentally I think the EU is screwed but the guys that run it thing that more of the same will get a different result. Plus admitting basket-cases from further east will help. The northern countries, like Germany are subsidised by having the overall weaker currency; whereas the southern countries (Italy, Greece, Portugal) are fucked by an exchange rate that they can't sustain and so their economies crumble.

I worry that they'll make an example of us if we do leave to discourage others - screw our services (which are a net gain) but allow us to trade goods (at which we are a net deficit) so they can still sell us BMW's, cheese and wine.

tl;dr. Difficult. I'd like to leave as I think it's doomed, but we'll get screwed short-term

Didn't want them. I'm too immature and selfish to be responsible for another small human. I always like to think I can say "Fuck it, I'm out" at any time (even if I don't). With kids you're locked into being the responsible provider.

Always great to see oldfags answering.

Which tools would you say have helped you the most throughout your career? how are they changing currently, and what is going to be a must know in the future according to you? Currently in my first job as mechanical engineer, so I want to expand my toolbox

>me
Thats what I plan to go into. I would do electronics but that seems to only be useful in only a hand full of cities. Software looks more and more like a cuck field, with all the dead end jobs and indians taking the few good ones.
Do you think ME has a solid future? Over the last few decades have you noticed it slowing down at all?
How much should I expect to make with this?

timestamp nigger

I call myself an engineer but these days I'm mainly project/programme/departmental management. Got my first management job at 29 - I can't use CAD - I employ people to do that - so in most cases for me it's been fairly quick wits, logic amd basic engineering understanding plus an appreciation of how business and the real world works.

not what you were looking for, but best I can offer

Where would you go? I dont know if the US is any better over here

You want me to put up a picture of something telling you that today is the 5th June? What will that prove, because I'm sure not putting up a face.

yes. post a timestamp nigger

Interesting thread. 33 y/o UKfag here too. Although I'm thinking of moving somewhere else. Maybe Canada.

What countries have you seen OP? Where would you choose to live if you had your time again? Or would you stay in the UK?

No - when I say leave I don't mean leave the UK. I mean the UK leave the EU.

Fuck no - I love being British. The English countryside on a gentle summer's afternoon is beautiful - which just so happens is where I like.

never too hot; never too cold (thank you, Gulf stream). Yes it can be wet, but there's no such thing as bad weather - just unsuitable clothing.

Go sit on a cactus, take a picture, post it, and I'll consider.

do you think england has a relatively bright future or is it all doom and gloom?

as a 30 year old from ireland it looks like your chickens are coming home to roost regarding your country's colonial past, and all those brown skin people, by accident or design, are ruining your lower classes and youth, or at least contributing to the ruination

whats your read on it?

I've been to USA (East coast a lot on business and pleasure) as far as Denver, France (lots) Germany (lots) Italy (a fair amount), Canada, Sardinia, Crete, Egypt, Greece, Japan.

I think for practical reasons I'd go for an English-speaking land. I love some parts of the USA. Canada has an appeal (eh?). I'd not go anywhere hot as I'm pale-skinned, burn and don't like the heat. Iceland, Sweden or Norway are also intriguing possibilities - but I'd have to learn the language.

what are your voting habits?

I think we have handed out too many passports in the past, but I think the reason for the inflow of immigration is that our economy is relatively strong and we speak the de-facto lingua franca of the world. Having said that, there are many Arab francophones want to head for France, giving them issues in the Banlieues

Agree. That's why Canada is probably number one choice for me. I have a friend who moved to Finland a year or so ago. It sounds like they have their shit pretty sorted, but I having to learn another language is -10 points.

That's between me and the ballot box.

but I do believe many politicians are venal low-lifes who are in it for themselves. I almost believe that anyone who seeks high office to have power should be automatically excluded

k 60 year old fag :^)

what is your IQ

Why is it the older generation are so very secretive of how they vote? Especially on an anonymous board. I find younger people much more willing to share and it makes for interesting discussion most of the time.

Ah that makes a lot more sense. Also sounds beautiful there. I live in the pacific northwest of the US. Rains a lot of the year but i dont mind it because it gives us great summers for swimming in rivers. Plenty of trees which is nice. Although its getting more and more logged it seems. Lots of people moving here. Never been outside of this area though

Seriously? As it happens, I'm ex-Mensa and I was measured at 157.

I also think that IQ proves little, (especially considering some of the autists I met in Mensa, which is why I quit)

There is a truth that genius is close to madness, and I reckon the sweet spot is about 120 - but IQ is not the be all and end all.

Is this you?

OP - how long have you been a Sup Forumstard? How did you first find the place? Finally, how often do you browse Sup Forums?

Would you date a girl with a feminine penis?

Fair point - ingrained I suppose. Same way I don't do social media and won't reveal anything about myself on line

Liberal Democrat.

Fuck me. Where did you get that? I thought I'd hunted all of those down and destroyed them. But still, the facelift will stop me being recognised.

Honestly that guy looks more like someone id find here in washington. However i know nothing of europe as i havent been there

Is it worth it? Life? Would you rather not have been born? It's not like you are dying tomorrow but does it hurt emotionally to know that you are much closer to death than you have even been?

How many countries have you visited?

Would you rather fuck your dad in the ass or get fucked in the ass by your dad?

Should I kill myself now or wait, do things ever get any better?

I found out about the place when all the furore over consequences never being the same and the great Good Morning America clean up. So that's how long.

Depends. When I'm bored. I usually scan down the front page every few days, but I'm finding fewer threads that interest me. Hence I thought I'd give this a go.

No, I'm not gender-fluid. And I'm not rising to the bait.

So it's okay if it's a guy, then?

I voted Lib Dem 2 elections ago and got a coalition. Last time round I voted Labour as a tactical vote to try and keep the Conservatives out.

I don't know who I will vote for next time, if I even bother. I would like the country to give the Lib Dems a chance.

>does it hurt emotionally to know that you are much closer to death than you have even been?
Does it hurt you, because that applies to you as well.

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"

It doesn't bother me because I can't change it. I try to stay healthy, take pleasure in the little things. I don't want to die but accept I will - I have no religion. If I get too infirm then it's off to Switzerland and a Dignitas clinic. What I fear more than anything is losing my mental faculties.

see
I'm not dignifying that - also he's dead, you fuckwit

If you shoot yourself now you'll never know if it gets better. I suggest you stick around and find out.

Hahaha - no

Yes, but I mean I am closer to my birth in years than I am to my death, on average at least. We can all die tomorrow but your expiration date is presumably closer than mine.

speaking of which. what kind of music, art, films, books etc does an oldfag such as yourself enjoy?

do you keep up with new things or stick to favourites from years past?

I know where you're coming from. The only problem I have with tactical voting is you don't want the one so you vote for another that you don't want slightly less. Then you have to face the fact that you actually voted on of the worst two choices in.

I'll stick to voting for who I believe in and hope the rest of the country loses its collective madness.

I'd have a real problem voting Labour - I remember being forced into a closed shop, and I see the strong unions bring the country to its knees. I remember the 3 day week, and the Longbridge walk-outs with Red Robbo *shudder*

try a different board mate

i stopped using Sup Forums as the top page of this site ages ago and i enjoy it more now

>expiration date is presumably closer than mine
True. By any measure my life is well over half over, and I may only have 10-20 years left. I can't change it though, and you'll be in the same position one day.

i always vote based on merit. i work in the media so i tend to be up on election issues nd often have to cover interviews and debates etc

whoever plays with the most heart and runs th fairest race is the one i vote for

it crushes my belief in democracy everytime. i swear the last time i voted will be the last time, everytime

I'm not a fan of much modern music, but I do have catholic tastes - anything from Black Sabbath , Floyd, ELP, Curved Air (saw them all live) through Joe Cocker, Huey Lewis, Sinead O'Connor (and them) to Mozart, Beethoven Debussy and Vivaldi.

Films - Tarantino, Kurosawa, Mann, Ridley Scott

Books. Anything except YA Fiction, I guess.

I also browse /k/, as I shoot

oldfag with similar story of finding Sup Forums nearly a decade ago. Underrated post, as I've actually had some great conversations on some of the other boards.

what do you shoot? hunting or competition?