Be american

>be american
>visit spain
>expected everything to look pic related
not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed

Is that not Spanish architecture? Where can I find it in Spain? Or is all the good stuff in the USA?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_architecture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Colonial_Revival_architecture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueblo_Revival_architecture
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>expected everything to look pic related
wat?
is this what amerifats think that spain looks like?
how is this even remotely spanish?

should have just gone to arizona or new mexico

If you wanted to see that you should have gone to Greece

WTF IS THAT?

>mexican education

Thus. Took the words right out of my mouth. You gotta remember OP that Spain is just a federation of many autonomous regions. There's techinically no "Spanish" architecture.

That's an Injun house. Spanish houses have red roofing tiles. I know it's hard to seperate spics from proto-spics.

Are you spanish New mexican?

>Is that not Spanish architecture?
Catalunya no és Espanya!
you're in the wrong part of the peninsula

What region are you in anyways OP?

In andalusia we have this, many andalusians moved to mexico and southern States in 1700.

I don't know about New mexican architecture

what did you just say motherfucker?

>Americans
>thinking about Spain
It's just a baiting Spaniard

yes, we are taught that that is spanish architecture and everyone calls those buildings "spanish style"
>how is this even remotely spanish?
tell me how it isn't?
been to new mexico, absolutely beautiful. i'm from colorado.
why do you say that?
spanish style home in the US
so which region is pic from?
madrid looks like a crappy spin off of new york
can you post an example?
neither
that doesnt look spanish im in madrid

whoops guys it looks like i mixed up spanish with native american/mexican

it is based on the SPANISH missions though, not sure what that means

i suppose this is a bit more spanish looking, albeit bland. Should i head over to andalusia?

Really I don't know but Apparently spanish style in US looks like from Morocco

what about this stuff

i also thought this was spanish architecture, what's the deal here?

spain sent missionaries to the americas to convert the natives and school them.
they didn't build stuff with spanish architecture because their settlements were really basic and precarious.
how is that difficult to understand?
where are you from?

dont tell me this isnt spanish

Yeah this house looks like spanish.

I don't know much about architecture, but that looks colonial as fuck, it's spanish but as in the spanish settlements in the americas.

thanks for the history lesson, argentina

i did not know about that.
i actually know nothing about spanish involvement in the usa, i always mix it up with mexico and native americans.
i know the basics really, los angeles pueblo tacos quesadillas, sombreros, aztecs etc. i am from colorado so yes we have a big "spanish" influence here. i also love to visit new mexico.

Sorry op it seems like we're having a hard time explaining it to you. Let me put it like this. When the colonists of Spain came to the New World they used shit around them and so adobe homes were one of the common and easy things to make. So the architectural style technically does not exist. It would be as if the American colonist home styles would be called English architecture just because they once came from England. What you're looking for is something similar to what the normal peasant Greek's home looks like. Something like pic related. The last image looks like Spanish Colonial Revivalism. Which may be the type you're looking for. Other than that it may not even "exist".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_architecture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Colonial_Revival_architecture
Look at these two links and find out what you may be looking for.

Spanish missions looked like pic related you fucking retards, what the fuck are you talking about?

i like this kind of spanish architecture

>itt: bored spanish shitposter larping as a dumb american

campeón, hay una provincia en argentina que se llama misiones, precisamente por los missionarios españoles, y las construcciones son muy parecidas a estas

wow thanks. that looks very spanish
here's what i was talking about at first
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueblo_Revival_architecture
so you're saying spanish americans made this before the white people came out west? and it also has influences from the native tribes
it's suspicious that it looks like greek architecture, maybe some greeks came too?

He is american

no man, prestá atencion, no es ese.

spanish COLONIAL you fucking idiot.

Yes. Pretty much to put it in simple terms, the Spanish colonists decided to adapt and possibly got help from natives on how to build their homes in the new hot environment they got themselves into. Keyword on hot. That's why the Greek photo makes you think that some Greeks went to the Americas too. It is just a efficient design that works in hot and temperate places. That's why the Greeks use it, the Iberians use it, and why the natives in those areas used it.

this has nothing to do with spanish mission style

its called pueblo architecture

it says:
> Pueblo architecture. Pueblo architecture, traditional architecture of the Pueblo Indians of the southwestern United States. The multistoried, permanent, attached homes typical of this tradition are modeled after the cliff dwellings built by the Ancestral Pueblo (Anasazi) culture beginning in approximately ad 1150.

apparently pueblo revival is related to native americans from arizona

this is catalan modernist and has nothing to do with op either, it was spearheaded by gaudi this building faceade is made of stone, pueblo architecture looks made of adobe and wood

That doesn't look Spanish to me. Thanks for contributing though
Beautiful city
Neat stuff really that I'll need to study more on

If you want to see the greatest architecture Spain has to offer you should head to the north.
Visit the clasic catholic/gothic style architecture in Leon, Burgos or Salamanca.
If the arabic influence fancies you more, you can always go to Toledo, Granada, Córdoba or Sevilla, but i'd avoid the coast as much as i can

lapuuuta pero qué autista
no podías mentir nomás?

Do they have good tacos there at least?

It's always a good idea to study on the location that you're going to. You may think that some of the architecture here is Spanish, but remember that the idea of something being "Spanish" doesn't exist. Spain is a diverse country that has many regions with their own language, culture, cuisine, and many other social ticks. It may be thought of as a federation, but there's really only one power which is the central government. Think of it if the U.S. had say only ten to fourteen states but there's no state power. Only the government in Washington says what we should do. That's what Spain government is like.

That looks cool but not what I would expect from Spain honestly looks English. I have no idea what Gothic architecture is. I will look into these suggestions thank you señor! What's so bad about the coast?

Being american everyone will try to scam you

Sometimes in desertic regions like New Mexico they build adobe houses but using a modern structure, that's because there weren't many trees or quarries there. The norm was never that kind of building. Now re-reading I see that you said this wasn't Spanish architecture, sorry for calling you a retard lol.

By the way, searching for Misiones in Argentina I found this wonder, build by the Spaniards in 1609, now in ruins due to the wars, but doesn't look precisely basic or precarious! But yeah, I get you.

It is Spanish though, and I'm sure you will understand that when you travel more around here.

Pro-tip: There isn't a single or defining "Spanish style".

Maybe you should visit andalusia or Extremadura, 60% of spanish colonizers are from there

Also Extremadura is a poor region in Spain too

This is a good post! Do they have Pueblo architecture in central America to or is just related to northern Mexico and USA? Also in Panama what are the main tribes? I know about Navajo, Aztec, Mayan, and Pueblo now. Which one are you? You seem to know a lot of architecture.
I literally haven't haf enough time to eat spanish food yet. I'm dying for some good tacos though.
Thanks, it's really a culture shock because my whole world was upside down when things didn't look Spanish to me.

spanish people don't live in those fucking african mudhuts wtf is wrong with you ? they are normal people and and they live in proper houses ...

You are retarded

>I literally haven't haf enough time to eat spanish food yet. I'm dying for some good tacos though

Holy shit.

Man that's fucked up. Which people will scam me? I've seen a lot of Africans already but I kept my hands in my pockets.
Yes I have already learned Spanish is more diverse than I thought. Kind of a bad thing though, i wanted a more cultural experience.
I will look into it? What do you mean poor? Relative to Spain ? I thought the whole country was poor. Are there cartels there?

i belong to a tribe named mecojo tumama

Yeah lad we have cartels in Extremadura

it's even more wondrous considering that guarani natives built it under the direction of a few jesuit priests
there are ruins in Paraguay and Brazil too. RIP in pieces

>I will look into it? What do you mean poor? Relative to Spain ? I thought the whole country was poor. Are there cartels there?

Stop larping, come on.

We all know who you are, Mr. Exchange Student, it was a funny thread though.

The first pic I posted was a proper house. I didn't think they all live in huts just the poor ones. I'm not an idiot. Mind posting some Spanish homes?
Whoops, I'm on my phone. I meant to say had not haf.

this is northern argentina.
there's no real houses like this anymore, but some orignally colonial tiny as fuck towns made entirely of adobe are used for tourism attraction.
tell me they don't looke like the ones you were talking about.
it was predominantly a spanish missionary thing to build these housings.

Couldn't find it. Link? Or is it an endangered tribe? How often do you see mormons? It's really interesting to me your part of the world. I've always dreamed of seeing the canal but couldn't afford the flight
This reminds me of rural Colorado for some reason

Really? Shit maybe I won't visit that part Oh my god. I could never be a student here, its hard enough visiting with no Spanish language

>mecojo tumama
he's mocking you, it literally means "I fuck your mom"

Extremadura is Sinaloa 2.0

I'm pretty sure he was laughing about the whole thing of eating tacos in Spain
[spoiler]Don't fucking do it[/spoiler]

Its a small tribe, I belong to it too. Though I'm from South Costa Rica.

This has to be bait

Maybe I will donate canned food to Argentina instead of Panama this year. Thanks for the translation.
Don't know what that means
Are you trolling?

>people are actually falling for this

>Maybe I will donate canned food to Argentina instead of Panama this year
Kek

>we are taught
Stop fucking falseflagging, even in Burgerland most people aren't that retarded.

No it isn't. We really do have stuff like that in the southern part of the state. Many people think Colorado is just mountains and snow but it's a completely varied state. And yes there are cheaply made houses, we aren't all rich. Finally, there is native Spanish influence here as well

I knew that word looked wrong but autocorrect didn't fix it so I just went with it. Teached sounds wrong though.

>Maybe I will donate canned food to Argentina instead of Panama this year. Thanks for the translation.

this fucking thread

Wtf I liek spen now

What part of Spain is this?

Those homes are all over New Mexico. Also Southern Colorado near Pagosa Springs.

Pretty. Practical. Except for that silly cross out front, of course, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

A little out of the way place called Mas Eisly

That's Californian Spanish

Californian Spanish.

Its fake, but its pretty.

Looks like Andalucia
spain has very different buildings and culture depending on what corner you are in.

I'm also from Colorado, near 4 corners. We never called it Spanish style, it was always called Adobe style.

same Andalusian area where all spaghetti westerns were filmed at

Eyyy calm down fellow mexican

That was filmed in Tunis, I believe.

Excellent work OP

bye rddit

Amazing

>Tacos
>Spain
Not, just not

>people seriously responding to this thread

--