Hey guys. Fat user here, losing some weight

Hey guys. Fat user here, losing some weight.
Will starving myself, eating only a small meal or so a day make me lose weight? I'm not too far gone, or diabetes rex here, but i could lose a good 50 lbs.

Other urls found in this thread:

tinyurl
youtube.com/watch?v=h-jy3OtZAss
healthyliving.azcentral.com/can-lose-muscle-dont-maintain-calories-2544.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Bumberino

Craigslist a cheap bike or be black and steal one.

Start working out. Pushups and body weight exercises at home while biking a few hours a day. Cut out the nexflix and internet and just spend your free time biking and working out.
Stop eating carbos and replace with meat. All food is now meat.
Take a multi vitamin so you do not die.

It is easy but will hurt like fuck and leave you tired every night.

that will probably just hurt your body and make you feel like shit just start working out more and start eating right

Calories in, calories out. Consume less energy than you use, and you'll lose weight. It's not rocket science. Low intake will do it, but doing some cardio will probably make it a lot easier. Running is probably hard on your knees if you're overweight, so try cycling or swimming.

Order diet meals, two weeks of that shit with controlled intake. After which you go back to "regular" food, but smaller portions and you're set.

Main part is to avoid candy/chocolate/chips/coke etc

Hey Queer,

250 lb user here 6 feet managed to make it to 180 over a year.

The trick is to control calorie intake.

Literally just take a multivitamin in the morning, doesnt really matter as long as its a reputable brand, and then just keep your daily intake under 1500 calories.

Seriously eat 1500 calories in oreos for all anyone cares. Just keep that shit under 1500.

The pounds will fall off over time.

There are apps that allow you to track calories. I recommend getting one, for free, and just plug in calories as you eat so you dont lose track each day. Its literally that easy.

Seriously the only excuse for people to be fat these days, unless they are mentally retarded or alcoholics, is because they are dumb as a bag of rocks.

Ill hang here for a few minutes if you have more questions.

Also before you ask, yes Keto diets work, but again its all about calorie counting.

best way to do it is by calorie counting, eating a fair amount while losing calories with exercise. That way to dont feel like you're starving and you still lose weight

So I had a pretty expensive gym membership before I started working two jobs again. Ran a bunch of tests, said my testosterone was really high and my metabolism was burning about 2200 calories a day. Would I be jeapordizing my metabolism by starving? Also I'm 22 for reference

If your Metabolism is 2200 per day, then eat 1500 - 1700 calories a day and you will lose weight, simple as that.

2200 is probably high if you're not getting regular exercise. As long as you're getting regular food, you'll be fine. I'm no expert, but I don't think you'll see your "metabolism" affected significantly unless you go days at a time without eating. Another user suggest 1500 calories per day, which is ambitious, but totally safe.

>seriously eat 1500 calories in oreos for all anyone cares
Worst advice itt

>oreos have a shit ton of saturated fat
>eat shit tons of fat to 1500 calories
>you will still be fat

BUT

>balance it out
>relatively even between carbs, fat, and protein
>you will be less fat

Really, just cut carbs. Your body burns that shit first. If you eat 1500 cals of mostly fat and sugar vs 1500 cals of a balanced diet you will have fallen for the calorie meme and not get anywhere

I've heard I'll eventually just platue doing this. I assume that isn't true as you guys are all giving me roughly the same advice?

According to science dieting just fucks you over in the long run. Eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full.
Source: tinyurl com/j57yh2a

Hey bro. I lost ~20 lbs in the past few month. I just stopped drinking two cans of energy per day and used my bike more often.
Starving will only make you feel down so that you'll buy a lot of sweets after two days and lose everything.

> (You)
Starving never works.
I call it the bacon decision.
When you decide to starve yourself without working out, your body it goes looking for food.
On one plate is a block of lard, on the other plate is a pile of bacon.
Which would you eat?
Your body makes the same choice and eats muscle with the fat. But when you decide the caloric restriction sucks and head back to the buffet the body replaces the lost muscle with fat.
This becomes an ugly cycle of muscle loss and fat replacement. This is how fats who have been cycling diets for years begin to feel weak and hopeless.
1. You are changing your diet not necessarily cutting calories. Eat meat.
2. You absolutely have to work out if you are cutting so the body knows it needs the muscle and goes after the fat first.

If you are not going to work out either say "fuck it" and do nothing or allow that you will have to live by a restricted calorie diet for life. I mean counting calories and not eating more than say 2000 a day or possibly 1700-1800 if you just sit on ass all day. I mean measured calories and not "That bucket of chicken probably only has 300 calories, I can eat 6!"

Or if you're vegetarian, just manage calories and make most of it protein- be it from eggs, lowfat dairy, beans, quinoa, chickpeas, tofu, etc.

This is probably mostly been said already but starving yourself will actually fuck you. Your body is basically going to freak out and think you're going to die and start burning calories much slower than it normally would. Weight loss theory is extremely simple, calories in / calories out. Eat less and move more. Everything else is bullshit, and please don't believe me just go read with dietitians have to say, NOT nutritionists. Dietitians are doctors, nutritionists are just come guy saying he is a nutritionist.

tl:dr just count calories, eat less move more, everything else is bullshit, listen to doctors not nutritionist

Oh yeah and if you are actually high test you should be EZ mode.
Cut out the booze and sugar drinks (only water/unsweetened tea), eat meat, live in the gym and those weights will remove that fat faster than liposuction.
The people with a hard time are low test (women and men who should see an endocrinologist and get on the needle).
This is balancing a budget. Want to eat 2000 cal extra today? Know how many hours on the bike (with heart monitor to count cals) it will take to buy that, pay ahead of time. Just like food at the store you buy it before you eat it only at home you pay in calories burnt.

If you plateau, just lower your intake some more.

>calorie meme
Do you mean thermodynamics?

Fat acceptance propaganda. Data suggests very little that people did not already know, and this article comes to extreme conclusions that the data does not support. In otherwords, it's no different from 99% of reporting on nutrition studies.

You do not lose muscle when you eat small. That's completely stupid.
>If you are not going to work out either say "fuck it" and do nothing or allow that you will have to live by a restricted calorie diet for life.
Fitness is not a goal or a destination. It's a lifestyle. All changes, both to diet and exercise, must be permanent, or they are pointless. Failure to understand this is why fatties who endlessly try one stupid diet after another stay fat, and why "biggest loser" contestants always get fat again.

It works

I went from 250 at the beginning of December to 185 by the end of April

Your metabolism gets slow as shit while you do it, but from my experience once you start eating again it'll go away after 2 days

>Do you mean thermodynamics?
Bahahhahahah yes this this this!

For anyone who tells you losing weight is anything other than calories in calories out ask them how they body manages to get around the laws of thermodynamics.

youtube.com/watch?v=h-jy3OtZAss

Not OP but am also looking for advice. Have been over 250 since early 20s (30 at the end of the year) and most of the fat is in my torso. Big pot belly and moobs. My thighs are thick too. I move pretty well for a guy my size.

My problem is that I am a horribly picky eater and though I do enjoy select veggies, I don't want to eat them everyday. I grew up on junk food and lots of artificial tastes instead of real taste. I have a bike but I'm scared to bike since my knee will be fucked up after and it'll make work a lot harder. I walk all day at work for about 7 hours mon to Fri but... I don't know what to do other than track calories.

started a diet today. No sugar No Carbos. Meat and leafy vegetables only. Had 3 eggs onions and bacon for breakfast. My friend did it said the first two weeks are the toughest.

> (You)
>You do not lose muscle when you eat small. That's completely stupid.
Cutting cals and not working out leads to muscle loss this is OLD news. Your body eats what it needs least and unused muscle is on that list.
Fast google
healthyliving.azcentral.com/can-lose-muscle-dont-maintain-calories-2544.html

I'm very curious as to who told you you can do caloric restriction, not work out, and keep all your muscle?

diet and daily sport , some people lose a lot just with diet but sport help a lot

I don't see it as fat acceptance. It's studies that say diets don't work and to practice mindful eating. If you're eating healthy foods and practicing mindfulness you lose weight.

eat less and in 3-3 hours

Post body pic and we'll tell you what you need to do

That's the only thing to do is track calories. That and exercise, swim if you're worried about your knees

Go talk to your doctor not Sup Forums

Some of us just have bigger bodies. You should accept yourself the way you are.

I was 410, now down to 250 and working on getting to 225. I know that sounds like a lot still but I'm very tall and quite built now.
Heavy lifting three times a week, isolating muscle groups, cardio every morning (that part sucks and to be honest feel like i get more benefit from straight lifting but the cardio makes me feel healthier). Started slow, now do an hour - could do more but doesn't seem necessary and I have shit to do. Netflix helps a lot for cardio (or books on tape, podcasts, etc). My mornings are spent with motherfucking A-Team or Magnum PI, sometimes Rockford Files. Sprint out the rest when the hour isn't quite done.

Anyhow, I'm not an expert at all, but for you I'd suggest that smaller meals more often through the day spreadout would be ideal, combined with some lifting and cardio. You can easily make a small plan online and work from there.
Try to document what you're eating, calories, etc, and then try to adjust that based on your goals.
I eat a ketogenic diet now which is great for being lazy, not as great for lifting, but it works. I will switch it up again when I hit 225.

My biggest advice would be lifting (but do it smart, actually look shit up and consider what you WANT). Building muscle helps in so many ways, I can't stress it enough. Not to mention the calories you burn with it.

go to the gym lift weights get big witch will help your posture and at the same time eat regular breakfast and regular dinner drick 1 protein shake with 2 scoopes aday in a year you will look beast as fuck trust me,

>You do not lose muscle when you eat small. That's completely stupid.
Are you one of those people who also believes if I take a high test chub like OP, make them slam the weights every day and then bike a few hours every night, instead of watching Dancing with the Has Beens, that he cannot gain muscle because he is losing weight?

I do meet people who are VERY misinformed.

I'm told to watch out for sugars too. I did stop drinking soda for like 6 months a couple years ago and lost weight. Surely the secret to life that is. No soda = weight loss.

>starv
Only if you want to gain more weight
No sugar
No soda.
You will lose 10+ lbs just getting rid of these
Eat 6 small portions a day.
Fruit, nuts,protien.
Try to eat 1600 calories aday.

That will cut down 50+lbs within 2-3 months.If you really want results you need to get off your fat ass and move around

>azcentral.com
>registered dietitian so and so says blah blah blah
First of all, this is a bullshit source. A registered dietitian may as well be a registered horse whisperer. Second of all, that page says "after restricting calories for 12 months, you are more likely to have less muscle mass and a diminished ability to perform exercise regimens, as compared to simply exercising more often without cutting calories."
>likely to have less muscle mass
>as compared to ... exercising more often
What this means is that if one person exercises and one person doesn't, the person who doesn't will have smaller muscles. It also implies that people on low calorie diets will have less energy and are therefore less likely to exercise. What a fucking revelation.

Starving is literally the worst thing to do for a diet. Starving slows the metabolism.

It's really simple: You need to exercise. Keep eating, but do some form of exercise for 30 minutes a day. Beating your meat doesn't count. My preferred method is running, or jogging (not walking).

Within a few weeks (usually within one week) you'll see a noticeable changes.

I'd keep giving advice but I have to hit the gym before it closes (Stupid Sundays!).

OP it will suck, I'm not going to lie to you. Just stick with it. When your muscles are screaming and your eyes are watering as you try to complete one last rep, that will always suck. That is the price and you get what you pay for.

The only reason to watch out for sugars is because sugars are high in calories. The reason you shouldn't drink soda is because drinking 2 bottles of soda is more calories than a Big Mac and people will drink that much soda with a Big Mac and fries. There is nothing wrong with sugar or soda in general just that it's an extremely easy way to take in a shit load of calories without really noticing and it's a waste of caloric intake because it doesn't have much nutritional value and it doesn't fill you up. they are basically useless calories.

>Are you one of those people who also believes if I take a high test chub like OP, make them slam the weights every day and then bike a few hours every night, instead of watching Dancing with the Has Beens, that he cannot gain muscle because he is losing weight?
No? That's pretty much the exact opposite of what I said. What you are describing is building muscle while on a calorie deficit. What I was (quite obviously) saying is that you do not lose muscle when you go on a calorie deficit. I have no idea how you could have misinterpreted that.

See
Didn't mean to respond to myself

You don't know shit. Avoiding sugars prevents massive spikes and dips in blood glucose which makes you even hungrier, keeps your pancreas from constantly working overtime to keep your body stable and reduces your risk for diabeetus. The less sugar you eat the less you crave it. Most foods that have sugar in it are shit for you in general.

Yup, like every fruit. Make sure not to eat any fruit because of this dumbass said. STAY AWAY FROM FRUIT EVERYONE!