Was the US really good at war or Mexico really shit?

Was the US really good at war or Mexico really shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican–American_War
youtube.com/watch?v=JTELt33i61U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba–Mexico_relations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Mexicans
usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/07/07/chinese-immigrants-largest-column/29784905/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We're good at war as long as it isn't against guerrillas.

Mexico had a very shitty army and officers.

why not both?

Tbf the last real army that could threaten US was Japan.

After that you guys only fought guerrilas and meme armies.

A little of both, but mostly the latter. Remember, Mexicans were getting their asses kicked by injuns for decades before the war even happened, so much so that when the US Army was riding through their territory they found it mostly deserted, with all the cattle and crops taken or burned by the Comanches and a couple of other tribes.

Mexico was really shit

We gave them money in the treaty of Guadeloupe Hidalgo

>Look buddy you're shit at this
>Take this money and fuck off

Friendly reminder that we could've annexed all of Mexico and nobody would've given a shit but let them exist out of the goodness of our hearts.

more like

>look buddy im just gonna take 1/3 of your land and then we're gonna pay for the damages so you can't complain later

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican–American_War

>Mexican soldiers were not easily melded into an effective fighting force. Santa Anna said "the leaders of the army did their best to train the rough men who volunteered, but they could do little to inspire them with patriotism for the glorious country they were honored to serve."[36] According to leading conservative politician Lucas Alamán, the "money spent on arming Mexican troops merely enabled them to fight each other and 'give the illusion' that the country possessed an army for its defense."[37] However, an officer criticized Santa Anna's training of troops, "The cavalry was drilled only in regiments. The artillery hardly ever maneuvered and never fired a blank shot. The general in command was never present on the field of maneuvers, so that he was unable to appreciate the respective qualities of the various bodies under his command.... If any meetings of the principal commanding officers were held to discuss the operations of the campaign, it was not known, nor was it known whether any plan of campaign had been formed."

kek, Mexico didn't have a chance, why did they decide to go to war?.

And it begins

Maybe you should've tried actually making use of that land instead of letting the injuns run wild.

> why did they decide to go to war?

Because it was an invasion?

Also, oh boy

Mexicans have never been lacking in unwarranted pride.

we did, we allowed the americans to own lands there but it seems like you liked them... like, a lot

who cares, delet thread plz
plz? :(

>After Mexico became independent it shut down the missions, and reduced its military presence.
Sure you did, Pedro. You pretty much abandoned nearly all of it. If we didn't take it, the British would have.

North Koreans.

Meme army.

Mexico is better at slow conquest rather than actual war

>flips in alaska
Why?

>commies
Don't make me laugh. They lost to the Flips. FLIPS!

>legal immigrants
I don't believe this

>Bhutan in 3 states
Now I don't really believe

>seeing cubans and mexicans fight

This won't be accurate in 2050 when the west coast is settled by the Chinese.

Oh my god, they really are the most powerful race in the world.

oh you can believe alright

We get along well with actual cubans, not meme-cubansfrom miami

That only happens in the US because chicanos and Cuban-Americans don't have a sense of identity.

Mexico and Cuba are good friends and, aside from both groups of X-Americans, real Mexicans from Mexico and Cubans from Cuba like each other.

youtube.com/watch?v=JTELt33i61U

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba–Mexico_relations

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Mexicans
>around 20 thousand born in Cuba but hundreds of thousands of cuban descent

Both. The U.S. is good at conventional war.

离开,白人
usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/07/07/chinese-immigrants-largest-column/29784905/

>Flips lost 12 men
>Chinks lost over 500