Fingerbox discussion thread. Share your experiences and discuss your favorite models/materials

Fingerbox discussion thread. Share your experiences and discuss your favorite models/materials.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ay-O
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"whats a fingerbox"
>"newfag"
/thread
sage

here's my 200 year old Hungarian finger box it cost me 139 usd

Bingo

Nice purchase user, is that oak?

no teak with mahogany inlay

so i posted this without looking at the bingo and the woods i chose i did not know were on the board lmao

It's a common mistake, teak and mahogany boxes look similar. I'd never get a plastic one though, it just doesn't have the quality I've come to expect from a good wooden box. Especially mahogany.

i dont fucking understand, what are the point of these things

Now that's a nice fingerbox. Tri-wood boxes are usually the best in terms of craftsmanship and experience. Also checked.

I just bought an entire set. The FB2360 series. I legally can't show them online, but they look similar to the 2350 set.

You should get one, then you'll understand. I was once like you, lost in a cold world without so much as a plastic fingerbox. Now I'm an aspiring collector with 4 boxes so far. I once met a collector online who had over 300 confirmed boxes. I think he was an ex Navy Seal or something, cool guy.

Personally, I think Ay-o was a somewhat of a visionary. Bringing finger boxes back into the public consciousness in the mid 1960s, illustrates how truly insightful he really was.

More info for anyone who wants to read up on him:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ay-O

I would trade all my boxes except for the one my grandfather gave me for even one FB2360. You're fortunate to find a whole set.

what the hell is a fingerbox?

Here's Ay-o with Yoko Ono! I wouldn't be surprised if his work with finger boxes had an influence on the Beatles.

Welcome, New-friend.

The wiki page seems fake-ish. All of the proper, quality finerboxes were made by my uncle J. Trollington's company in the 60s. I have a few myself, which I found from my uncles attic.

Ay-O is a pathetic attempt at undermining my uncles company and its reputation. It has unfortunately worked, as I haven't seen many Trollington's FBs around anymore, people only go for Ay-O's ones.

Nice dubs, enjoying your summertime?

What's illegal about 2360? Some sort of copyright issue?

Rumor has it that he crafted John Lennon's personal fingerbox, which has been lost since his death.

am i doing it right?

No.

My grandfather gave me his box that he found while fighting in WWII, so I know they were produced before then. They might have been made in ancient times, but wood doesn't last that long so there's no record or relics left.

I sincerely hope that you do not own a big box of severed penises. That would definitely be wrong.

Those are fingers you dunce.

Thats a beautiful box user

When I was a kid I had a mahogany one my grandfather gave me before he died. It fit my finger perfect, I got a lot of use out of it. I lost it though. I miss grandpa

Leg clocks are better

He had made them before, by hand. My dad told me John got the trade from his dad, my grandfather. You probably have one made by my grandfather then.

My uncle started his co in 1954. From then on th FBs were made at a larger scale. I've tried to make one myself, but haven't succeeded. I wish he hadn't died the day I was born, maybe I could have passed on the tradition.

I wish more people knew about fingerboxes. I tried to start a fingerbox club at my college but there weren't enough people to form an official group. Maybe next year.

No

*romantically dreams about the good old days of Sup Forums*

He's king dick from ride to hell retribution so he would have a box of dicks

It's a small world, user. My grandfather was crossing the Siegfried Line when he found his, it might have been dropped by a dead American soldier. He found it on the ground after a mortar shell hit nearby and scattered the dirt. Amazing.

Good stuff guys. I recently got an Oak 1954 NH-U14S for $75. Would you guys say good purchase or no?

I joined Fingerbox Anonymous ten years ago. I've not fingered one box since that. One day at a time bros.

I heard that one isn't as useful as the other ones. You get what you pay for user

NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP
NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN
NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND AND DESERT YOU
NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY
NEVER GONNA SAY GOODBYE
NEVER GONNA TELL A LIE
AND HURT YOU

75$? Man that must have been a fake. Do you have a known good reference to check against? Look for a hairy feeling, fakes have it, originals do not.

Dangit. Knew it was too good to be true. It was a black market purchase, too.

Man I miss my finger box :< mom threw it away like a year ago

It is not hairy. I let him have a feel of my 12 year old, too.

$75 is low for a fingerbox. I had mine appraised for 200 dollars but i would never sell it. You see, my grandfather gave it to me.

Your grandfather was a great man. My sellers grandfather also have him this 1954 vintage.

Don't worry, you can get a decent fingerbox if you save up your GBPs.

200 is still prettt low, even for plastic ones. I tried to get my uncle's box priced but the expert kept saying "what's a fingerbox?". Fucking retards, were they never kids?

This one feels nice

'54? Not bad but the one he gave me is at least a '42, maybe older. It's hard to say because fingerboxes were still mostly handmade back then, but like I said he found it during the war, he was there in '43 if I remember correctly.

Well mine is very battered and the inside isn't what it was when it was made, that's for sure. I mean the thing must be 70 years old at least. I think the appraiser was just lying to me, if he knew the true value of a FB like that I'm sure he would try to trick me into selling it for a mere couple hundred. I don't know exactly what it's worth, but I once heard of another very old model that sold for 5000.