If the round earth rotates at around 1000mph...

If the round earth rotates at around 1000mph, howcome helicopters can't just takeoff and hover in spot and wait for their destination to come to them?

youtu.be/h5i_iDyUTCg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ouOYAlcvwOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=phj7RUP9oyY
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/GeometricDistanceToHorizon.png
youtube.com/watch?v=_rg4KX9VX8E
youtube.com/watch?v=ql_TTguKxnE
youtube.com/watch?v=IdwIMtz8owI
youtube.com/watch?v=lan2vT5LD70
ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

it could if it did not use the ground as a reference

on mt really long distance shooting i need to factor the Coriolis effect on north south shots.

youtube.com/watch?v=ouOYAlcvwOQ

No answer?

nice trips, kinda makes you drink..

u know what? u deserve some tits!

Fuck actually got me

these nipples are disgusting

Hmm I wonder how this works in the southern hemisphere.. I bet you'd be surprised

Why do planes not fly through the southern hemisphere?

gravity

nice trups
it would be a questrion if navagational reference point because they reference the ground and even does GPS so you would need some kind of accurate celestial navigation system with new "reverse" calculations to accurately station keep. It could work but all factors of reference in flying are ground based.

Are you a retard?

Because NASA lies to us about their "new discoveries" periodically to continue receiving funding to buy mansions and nice cars

Also nice trips

because the helicopter is also rotating at that speed

Why is the nyc skyline visible 60 miles away?

yes and it will have drag from the atmosphere and gravity trying to pull it along which is why you would need to station keep/hover* using a reference that is not based on ground position.

*hovering is holding your place over a fixed earth reference which is why station keeping is more accurate

Haha flatearthers are like the special kids who drools all over himself when the rest of the class is trying to learn stuf.

At what altitude does the helicopter 'untether' from the earth or change speed

umm. that math is beyond fucked

Please study distance to the horizon height of eye and mast head height even after just five minutes studying, you will know how fucked that post is.

earth is an oblique spheroid.
prove me wrong.

lol even at the bottom image of your post, at the photo with the ocean horizon, a slight curve is visible compared to the red line

Umm try again sweetie

oblate*

Haha um maybe you should brush up on your maths

See

Fucking inertia. How does it work?

so its impossible for parts of earth to be flatter for miles in some areas and more varied in other places? its not a perfect sphere.

OH SHIT
Rounders Vs. Flatties

You missed the point, based of earth's alleged curvature the skyline should be 170 feet under the horizon.

For the same reason if you toss a ball up inside a car while that car is traveling at high speeds, the ball wont suddenly slam into the back window, but instead just fall back into your hand.

Holy shit. This.

It always depressed me this didn't work.

>coriolis effect meme
........your playing way above your league kid.
youtube.com/watch?v=phj7RUP9oyY

The ball isn't moving at high speeds, it will obviously slam against the back window

has literally nothing to do with altitude. any change in motion needs a force

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/GeometricDistanceToHorizon.png

height of eye is point "o" you fucking moron your triangle is flipped in your meme math

Sure thing buddy.
:^)

This OP question made me laugh for far too long.

that would imply that the earths atmosphere has a closed system.

supposedly there's nothing protecting the vacuum of space and the atmosphere from blowing away.

they do. they just dont counter momentum

gravity. air has mass

Because they're in the air. If there was no air, they might be able to. But,they're stuck in the air.

Also, why do boats disappear over the horizon? Why is there a horizon,if the earth is flat? Couldn't you just use a telescope and see as far as you want?
Why do radar beams from weather radars go up the further from the site? It's simple

1: the boats are visible top-first because it is higher than the rest, and therefore visible over the curve of the earth.
2: The earth curves away from your line of sight.
3: 2, but replace line of sight with radar beams

tl;dr you're wrong, and probably a troll. And the earth is round.

i get what your saying, i also dont find it unreasonable that this stretch of land is open enough to view a skyline.... from a MOUNTAIN

>meme math
>posts meme

Show me a video of this in action smart guy

by your logic, why don't you just jump and travel around the world

Also the magnetic field..
>If there was no air, they might be able to.
Gravity and momentum. If there was no atmosphere it wouldn't change much in this regard.

Oh jesus you are beyond hope....
I made my living on navigation as a Mariner. Please studly more and dogma less

Go into earth mode and rotate the camera toward Manhattan.

gravity doesnt prove ball or flat earth. but it doesnt make sense if the suns gravity, many times more than the earths and has a reach of a light year, doesnt pull the atmosphere away. Gravity is supposedly weak enough to allow the moon to affect it with its small mass. Why doesnt the sun just fuck shit up with its mass, being greater than most planets?

ITT: a meme gone too far

So when you jump in your house, you crash on a wall... You're a genius OP.

If the ground moves at 1000 mph in a given reference, you move at the same speed in the same reference toward the same direction when you jump.Thus your movement will be only vertical in a reference bound to the ground. But in a reference where the ground moves, your trajectory will be the add of two speed vectors.

he actually is somewhat right about that one. if the helicopter rises with no current on it the absolute rotation speed is constant. because of it rising that means the angular velocity lowers. for normal heli flight lengths this is neglectable though...

earth's gravitation force dumbasses. it's G(mass of earth)(mass of helicopter)/(distance of center of earth to copter squared). the earth is an oblate spheroid, but it's gravitational field is almost uniform. as the earth rotates, it's gravitational field also rotates so the helicopter follows suit. also, based on the coriolis effect, the helicopter will be deflected in the direction of the earth's motion enabling to stay in the same position throughout. you guys are all fucking idiots

no I posted the formula

but here is a video to cater to your ignorance
youtube.com/watch?v=_rg4KX9VX8E

Your movement doesn't stop because you're not touching the object that moved anymore.
Conservation of motion.

You're all wrong because without air the helicopter can't rise up at all.

gravity is proportional to 1/(r*r) you dumb fuck

Because the helicopter rotates with the planet.

dam... you must be a physics scientist or somethin

i dont think i can trust anything school has to say anymore

Because the air around you is moving with the earth. The atmosphere does not stay in one place. If it did, everything on earth would be completely destroyed. It's like a car. In a chariot, if you throw a ball up, it will fly away. But in a car, it only goes up in down. That's why. Don't try to act so smart

momentum

The magnetosphere

/thread

touché

It never untethers, but eventually you would be under greater influence from the sun. By then, helicopters would be long gone.

That's my point

Because the earth is not a completely round sphere. It is a rock that has deformities.

Oh, sorry. I didn't look it up. He's still wrong.

I don't give a fuck about shit drawn theories, I want to see somebody throw a car straight up out the window in a moving car (65+) and it not immediately fly backwards.

air resistance screws this

J-Christ you flat earthers are so fkn stupid. My guess is you probably will vote for Trump, and believe the Nazi's really did build a base on the moon.

>1: the boats are visible top-first because it is higher than the rest, and therefore visible over the curve of the earth.
this is wrong. you can bring the ship back into view with binoculars. What happens is your perspective has a vanishing point on the horizon and mirages due to weather and flat surfaces like oceans.
proof is here:
youtube.com/watch?v=ql_TTguKxnE
youtube.com/watch?v=IdwIMtz8owI

>2: The earth curves away from your line of sight.
to imply a curvature at your eye sight would mean that the earth is a lot smaller than the official measurements we are given about its circumference. Also the word horizon means flat, therefore if you dont see curvature on the x axis, it is impossible to see curvature along your z axis.

>3: 2, but replace line of sight with radar beams
the engineers of the english chunnel did not account for curvature at all.
youtube.com/watch?v=lan2vT5LD70
the earth is not round.

Noone said anything about throwing something out a window. Throw up inside the vehicle and it will travel with the vehicle. The reason a ball flys back out of a car is wind resistance. Even that isn't the proper way to think about it because it only flies back in relation to the car. If you were a bystander the ball would still be flying in the direction of the car until it hit the ground or wind resistance stopped it entirely.

Object in motion stays in motion until acted upon by another force.

when you put your hand out the window it doesnt fall down to the ground it stays attached to the car because the car apparently has more gravity than earth

LOL

is there an authentic nasa video out there that shows the earth spinning? anyone? bueller?

science denier

alert the GOP for a new doaner opportunity

i already closed the window, but i dont know what i would rather see.. the skyline or nothing. So i opened it back up and tried to get a shot down the mountain but its kinda hard without the full google earth. this is what i got, sorta. So is the original pic real because the earth is flat? i dont really know but i enjoyed messing around on street view. cheers.

none

youd think that with all the "spaceships" in "space" that they would turn around and take a picture of earth (that isnt faked!!!!!!!) but nope!

>So is the original pic real because the earth is flat?
No. It's real because math doesn't work like the original pic.

when you're on a train and you jump, why do you think you land in the same place instead of slamming against the back of the carriage?

1. Get your little flat brain on Antarctica
2. Observe the 24/7 visible sun over the 4 month period.
3. Realise this is impossible on flat earths hyphothesis of ice wall type antarcrica guarded by their penguin soldiers.
4. Realise the phenomena is easily explained by a globe earth because it just works
5. Kill yourself

my point exactly.. that 8 in per mile is way off and imperfect. im not a flat earther, so maybe we weren't arguing.

Oh I read that guy's comment wrong, he said inside the car. My bad. Disregard.

>carriage
We call them cars in the free world you limey cunt.

I'm just kiddin, you're alright.
>so maybe we weren't arguing
Yes we were and I'll argue this point until my dying day.

1: get to where antarctica should be
2: get shot by CIA
3: good goy

As a physicist this thread literally gave me and my dog cancer

fyi the way you know about if your maths are right is that if they reflect reality when put to the test. NASA uses flat earth for practical applications regarding aircraft.

They revolve with the earth you retard
The earth doesn't move under them

and physicists often use masspoints and ignore drag forces for desk calculations.
gosh you so smart

>NASA uses flat earth for practical applications regarding aircraft

you've quoted one paper. i'm pretty sure NASA takes into account the curve of the earth for most applications.

Do you pull this out anywhere you see people with actual logic? I can use your type of logic too.
"That's no real document, it's photoshopped!"

ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream

what looks most natural to you?

This document looks like LaTeX typesetting. Thus this document is good.

Because the atmosphere is a factor, if you go out of the atmosphere and hold you can let the Earth rotate under you.

Think of it this way, If a car is traveling down the highway and you toss a ball up will it fly to the back of the car at highway speed and kill the person in the back?

Also OPs pic you can see the earth curve, if you watch the rest of the video it looks more curved near the end but they guy ignores that.

Also space tourism fucks up the flat earth idea no one unironicly belives.

flat earth bastard.. your numbers are lies. time to vote:

This

obviously cg