Can any Europeans answer this for me?

Can any Europeans answer this for me?

I keep hearing that Europeans don't like the taste of root beer, because "it tastes like toothpaste"

So does your root beer taste like toothpaste or do you have toothpaste that tastes like delicious root beer?

fucking explain yourselves

I've heard that some countries use a similar flavor for medicine, which is why they all hate it.

I can't fucking stand anything with that godawful poisonous "cherry flavor" for that same reason.

This 2bh

I don't think I've ever had root beer

A&W root beer tastes exactly like this.
Fucking disgusting

Mouthwash is pretty good when you need to get tanked but forgot your ID.

I'm not sure if that's even a joke or not, but I'm really glad I quit drinking.

How strict are ID checks in the US btw? Personally I'm only 19 but I only get carded about 25% of the time getting alcohol but when I always get carded at the cinema.

>he doesn't find the taste of medicine nostalgic and comfy

I love sodas and I usually enjoy all of them.
But I had A&W once and it was terrible.

Drank A&W its not bad but just not my taste famalam

If they get caught selling to underage kids they get prosecuted, and they have underage kids going around undercover to check that people are complying with the law. They are supposed to card everyone who looks under 30. So, pretty strict. I've heard it's pretty easy to get a fake ID, though.. if you know the right people.

Your best bet is to make friends with someone of age and have them buy it for you.

A&W is only good bought direct from the restaurant, out of the fountain. The cans are a pale imitation.

Barqs is the best from a can.

..and Mug is pig swill.

Kill yourself.

Oh and you can't buy the A&W to go in a crappy plastic/paper cup. You have to drink it there in a frosty glass mug with all the foam on top.

This shit is serious business.

Found a pic. If you drink it any other way, you're wasting your time/money.

I understand, cant have my beer in another brands glass. Its considerd heresy. So we have the same autism about this. Im actually suprised fæm.

Like I said, you drink it in the restaurant.
They don't usually use another company's branded merchandise in chain stores/restaurants in america; so you are unlikely to encounter that problem here.

Well i drank it in Thailand from a can. They had the resaurants aswell but wasent there to eat western food.

I like root beer. Then again I didn't grow up here.

wintergreen oil

root "beer" is fucking vile i can't understand why anyone likes it

t. burger abroad

My father doesn't like root beer. He says it tastes like phenol.

it smells of puke and tastes like dog shit

This made me laugh so hard for some reason.

It smells nothing like puke or tastes like dog shit

>they have underage kids going around undercover
Undercover as who?

Why do you call ginger root?

What is a root beer, and why do you think "Europeans" is a meaningful distinction?

If you try some other kinds of rootbeers that mess around with the formula you'll find there's plenty that have a mint flavor to them so perhaps they're tasting that part of the root beer, though the amount of that in the flavored corn syrup is completely negligible since most main brands are just mixes and not even brewed

i really like root beerm but it is an acquired taste here only know 1 other person who likes it and he is american.

root beer tastes like mouthwash

having cans of this in the fridge makes me feel american

it's literally impossible to buy this here, I've seen it in American food stores in other countries though. Never had it before.

It's probably more American than Coca-Cola is considering pretty much nobody besides Americans likes to drink it or even have it widely available.

BARQS HAS BITE

>I keep hearing that Europeans don't like the taste of root beer
Correct, I have had it once and it was not good. Cream soda on the other hand is delicious.

You can buy A&W here, it's fucking disgusting.

The Sassafras flavouring in most root beer tastes a bit like aniseed, which itself tastes a bit like musty mint. I assume this is where the "toothpaste/medicine" comparison comes from.
Root beer by itself isn't too bad but it's horrible if you're having it with a meal.

Because they're weak and can't understand the kind of sodas.