What is opinion on Melatonin

What is opinion on Melatonin
Sup Forums?

Tiny doses. Has the opposite effect in larger doses. Some of the over the counter stuff will keep you up instead of putting you out.

Do some googling for dosage.

You do not need fucking 10mg, or any melatonin supplement.

I heard 1mg works really well for daily use. I use 3mg when I work night shifts and want to sleep during the day. Works great. No next-day grogginess.

I take 4 tablets of 10mg every night, what's wrong?
-OP

As long as your not young and prone to mental problems, like schiophrenia its great.

Its natural we produce it in the absence of light.

I take it when i know i can get a good 10hrs of sleep.

It has an amazing ability to super charge dreams.

But i you take it be in darkness, our body destroys it in light.

I'm 18 and I seems to have some schizophrenic symptoms...
Also, Melatonin do not seem to have any good effect now. I still have sleep problems and nightmares.

placebo as fuck. get yourself some doxylamine succinate and get some fuckin' sleep already.

this, found some cheap ones at dollar tree that have 200 mcg and they are better than the ones that have 5 mg or more.

Gonna take a look those.

i've used lots of stuff, including melatonin, benadryl, diphenhydramine hydrochloride... the only one that works for me is doxylamine succinate. and it's not even kinda good, it's like gloriously good. you have 20mins to get your ass in bed once you take it. it's a diuretic so it makes you have to pee really bad by morning but shit, it works so well. and you don't develope a tolerance to it nor do you get a dependancy either

I bought a bottle and after trying it one night I threw out the bottle. I read up on how and when to take it, and I did as suggested.. I ended up being awake all night and then the next day I literally couldnt keep my eyes open, like it started working when I was going to work. I ended up going home early 'sick'. I just take benedryl now if I have trouble sleeping or make a stiff drink. I'm doing the latter right now. Once I get a strong buzz I will sleep copmatose like a baby

I also ended up being awake all night the first time. Weird... I guess I should try benedryl then.

>benedryl
i find benadryl to be useless. it makes me sluggish and vague but not sleepy. i stay awake all night unable to comprehend simple things like what the numbers on the clock mean and how to flush the toilet. one time i tried that stuff the next day i found shit in weird places around the apt... stapler was in the silverware drawer, etc. and i didn't even sleep well.

uh nigga your not supposed to take the whole box lmao. I've tripped intentionally on the stuff before, I took a gram. It sounds to me like you took way too much cuz this is sorta the stuff that happens when you misuse it

How many did you took?

Thank you guys, I thought it just didn't work.

nope, i swear i took the recommended amount. i think my problem was i stayed-up waiting to get sleepy instead of jumping right into bed. so i just got progressively more retarded and the way benadryl is you don't really get sleepy. like, my eyelids don't get heavy and i don't yawn and shit. it just slows down your central nervous system and that's it. the other stuff was a game changer for me

I'll hafta try it sometime

Amazing makes you slee like baby and lucid dream. First couple times dreams were so real I thought they actually happen so kinda mind fucked me for a while

OP here, I don't know if it's Melatonin but it seems to give me small visual hallucination in the dark: moving shadows, spooky faces in the dark...nothing too sever or too noticeable but it still creeps me out.
Should I just go to sleep?

You what?

I take it every night, helps me sleep and gives me fucked up dreams which are fun.

5mgs to 10mgs max knocks me out in 20 minutes or less

are you crazy

Worst bait and photoshop ever

>hurr durr they sell a skin cancer pill

got a half tablet right next to me, I use it from time to time because lately I've developed a sort of insomniac behavior. hours on end just trying to sleep to no avail.

for some people it can have adverse side effects. When i used it i could not sleep and when i got out of bed to pee i slammed into a wall because everything was all wiggly and i felt like i was in another dimension

If you inject it in a major artery it makes you high

love the shit
been taking it for years, probably about 5 nights average a week
its literally saved me from being a dysfunctional adult

Wait I'm an idiot that's melanoma fml

When in doubt, just take xanax

omfg im crying

This. It's a life saver for me working swing shifts.

Damn. I've been there though .

Wait, what are you guys talking about? What have I done?

>implying melanin == melatonin

You dense motherfucker

Yeah I already got the memo thanks and it was melanoma I was thinking of actually

nothing nothing i just thought your mistake was funny

My apologize user I posted that before refreshing

10mg knocks you out if kept still in short amount of time

Just smoked a bowl, took 5mg melatonin, and drank some hot tea. Sleep is imminent OP

5mg melatonin and varied doesages of Valerian Root do me well

Benadryl makes my elbow and knee joins feel weird like I need to stretch them off(?) Idk how to describe it, but between that and the goofy shit that it does to my vision I Dont want anything to do with the stuff.

A good nightcap is always the best though

I don't think it's melatonin, tho you should seek help.