Can Sup Forums help a nigga out?

Can Sup Forums help a nigga out?

only if that's a right triangle, then x^2 + 7.92^2=18.71^2

Not a right triangle, not sure of the angles at all.

Either you're underage or you're a dindu nigger

I have a solution to this problem. Jump from the number of your chromosomes to your IQ

need a side,angle,side or two angles and aside to find out

...how old are you?

The answer is 7.92

kek'd

do you have one angle?

There's this thing called "the Pythagorean theorem" which gives you a formula to do this middle school level geometry

law of cos but u need an anjel

OP here xD
Thanks for helping me! I'm 12 years old lol
Someone on Reddit told me to come to Sup Forums on this website to get help on my math homework xD

You're an idiot, that only applies to right angled triangles. to find this out you need at least one angle

TRIangle - you need 3 pieces of information.

pythagorean theorem only works on a right triangle. it's not stated that the triangle is a right triangle.

Not exactly, I'm trying to find the distance between Star A and Star B with only knowing the distance from me to each individual star.

I have a BS in math and unfortunately if you don't know any of the angles, and you cannot confirm if its a right triangle, then you cannot solve for x. I can draw a picture to help illustrate my point if you need me to

then the answer is not one set number, but a range.

>idiot...first fucking post proves you are austism

Happy birthday retards

You can't do that. You need to know the angle between the known lengths too.

how can you come out with an answer?

no angles on the paper the length between the 2 lines of 7.92 and 18.71 could really be anything depending on the angle. you're full of shit kiddo

>pic somewhat related

retard its not a right triangle

OP said it's not a right triangle but nice try

so much austism

For those fuck taras that don't know what a right triangle is. One of the angles needs to be 90° the other two would be 45° br default. We are not given angles, so we can find the answer

>the other two would be 45° br default
Stay in school, kids.

Well, there is no way to solve it without at the very leat one angle, so there you have a coherent answer assuming it had a 90 degree angle.

approximate the angle, then use law of sines or law of cosines. not hard

here, here's your 'proof' that you cannot solve with the information you've given.

If you knew one of the angles, you could solve for x, and figure out all the angles.

Also is probably bait, but a right triangle does not necessarily have two 45 degree angle sides. Wikipedia it. The only requirement is that one angle is 90 degrees

math is an absolute thing. it cant be assumed...

X= 11.3

ok retards, listen up. since the angles aren't stated, they could be anything within the laws of traingles. so, the answer WITH THE GIVEN INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROBLEM is a range.

the range is 10.79 to 26.63

this probably isn't the answer required for the homework, but to get the right answer we need more information.

this

If one is 90° then the other 2 are 45° if one is changed from 45° then it would change the 90° angle.

Indeed, but I assumed it was a 90 degree, OP has no idea about the angles. So in case its a 90 degree trieangle,I just gave you the answer to it.

I think 3^2+4^2=5^2 disagrees with you just a little bit.

steps: draw hyp. draw opposite w/o making a 45deg. measure remaining side. protractor angles.

might as well give him every answer like this faggot

that's a right trip

impossiburu

Asian doubles have spoken

OP, post the actual question from your homework

You're either a massive retard and cant use Pythagoras or a monumental retard who cant copy a question down properly

the only thing that's stated is distance, not direction. your "solution" does not work with the given information.

and before autism hits this....sss is for looking for the angles

I'll give you a tip: draw a line inside the triangle so part of it becames a right triangle...

op use measuring tools. read post:
then make a solution

nep

Specialization/interests?

You are also massively retarded for not understanding how logic works.

>Either a massive retard who can't use pythargoras
OR
>a monumental retard who can't copy a question down properly

Pythagoras implies he knows the angles, which implies he copied the question down incorrectly. Your 'or' statements are not mutually exclusive, thus, you are the retard.

You need at least 1 angle to solve m8 otherwise this is a no solution

Certified G.

Herons formula, nigger

you must Sup Forums a nigga if you cant figure that out

and you cant teach that

Dickhead can you not comprehend a universe in which people just make the corner look as though it would be a right angle, as pictured above, instead of writing down the right angle?

pen

There isn't enough information to use Heron's formula, nigger.

how fucking retarded are you this is all basic shit

You are a fucking absolute legend of a man.

wrong. as i said before the solution is a range, not a set number.

can you figure it out?
>see this

Good job replying to the continued fraction. It's not even relevant to OP's post.

nigga im stupid af barely passed math as a senor but that shit is a^2+b^2 =c^2 some Pythagorean theorem shit

Dumb enough to reply to this

well then the fucking range is (0, infinity), I hope that helps you retarded cunt

lurk more

I cannot. That sort of universe would be absurd and chaotic. It would be utter madness.

>nigga im stupid af

yeah, i can see

I wish all math conferences were like this

This just became a enzo thread

no it fucking isn't. you can't have a distance of zero, nor infinite, on the third leg of a triangle when two of the legs have stated lengths shit for brains

If it's legitimately a range, it wouldn't be 0 and infinity.

*back flip* you fucking idiot its not interesting if it is just basic flip

I went to a math conference where the speaker was presenting a protein/genetic modeling method using splines. It was so underwhelming.

You have to have 3 pieces of data in order to find more.

If it's a range then 10.80 to 26.62

o shit fuck, the same thing always happened in math class. id think i was smart af with the right answer and yell that shit out and everyone laughs at me
>Sup Forums is bringing back memories

the range is the minimum possible distance between the ends of the legs to the maximum. which i stated in

I don't know if that's a high class joke or a really boring conference but goddamn either way.

False. You could say there are infinite solutions, but there is definitely a finite maximum and minimum. Given it's a triangle, all the angles must sum to equal 180 degrees. You could work out a sample problem where the angle between 7.92 and 18.71 is .0001 degrees, and then similarily work out when the angle is 179.999 degrees. doing a few iterations of this going furthher decimals outward would provide a range that is preobably ~ what the other poster suggested.

It was just really boring. Most of the lectures/conferences have been excellent but that one was just bad.

thats why i used a ( bracket, denoting that you can approach it but not reach it, instead of a [ bracket, denoting that you can reach it, you fucking retarded amoeba

T H I S

Except that's still wrong you twat

Way to be an asshole.

Nah, I assumed that if both numbers were to 2 decimal places, the answer would be too, but yeah there are technically infinite answers. Basically it's 10.79

just stop fucking posting you possessor of excess chromosomes

Use a ruler.

that line could literally be a length approaching infinity or a length approaching zero, i dont know what the fuck you are on about

oh fuck, i am an actual retard.

How's he an ass. The length can't be greater than the other two combined

I'll do it for you and you will see, it doesn't approach infinity. Give me 5 minutes to write it out and post