What's the appeal? Does this album sound just mediocre to anyone else?

What's the appeal? Does this album sound just mediocre to anyone else?

every song has some kind of merit that separates it from the others
really well written songs
android is a symphony

Yes, op. I think it's one of most mediocre album I've ever heard

Why don't you like it? I find most songs pretty great

Paranoid Android is the only good song desu

I really don't care for radiohead. They take elements and sounds from people who did it better and peice it together into some energyless grey mush. Thom Yorke doesn't give me the feels, his voice sounds boring as shit.

A lot of mediocre albums have good songs inside

>Thom Yorke doesn't give me the feels, his voice sounds boring as shit.
This. This sums all up. I just agree 100%

>its another "pretends to not like a generally well-liked album to feel superior" episode

Uhm... no, I guess. OP and many others are saying they don't like OK computer. Pretty clear.

listen to it again

Listened to it plenty of times. Still nothing

what's your opinion on Kid A?

I agree op, this album is not even in the top 3 Radiohead albums.
If you want something actually good, check out Kid A, In Rainbows or A Moon Shaped Pool

radiohead is just experimental music for newfags

Better than Ok computer, but still mediocre

>If you want something actually good, check out A Moon Shaped Pool

you are just nostalgia-biased.
This album is superb

>piece it together into some energyless grey mush
great description of how I feel about this album and most of Radiohead's

I love No Surprises and like Karma Police too, but the more guitar-driven songs sound so soulless.

Very few moments on the album felt mediocre to me. It might not be the best album ever, but it's my favourite.
In Rainbows is probably better, Kid A is good in its own way, I don't get why people jack off AMSP. It's nothing special.

I don't like Radiohead, but if I had to pick one album, sure I wouldn't chose AMSP. Maybe Kid A, but meh

i'm not so negative about their music, but even more so about thom yorkes singing and that makes them just unlistenable for me.

Can we all admit this is probably their best work and it's only a 7/10?

agreed

I guess if you're not a loser who blames your failures on your self-diagnosed "depression" you won't "get" this album. Or at least this is the impression I get.

Fuck, and the Kid A fans are even worse.

this

great post

I don't like Radiohead a lot but I'd say:

8/10 - The Bends, Kid A
7/10 - OKPC
6/10 - Pablo Honey, In Rainbows

That's all I've heard.

I'm not the kind of person who gets frustrated if he doesn't ''get'' an album, but people are always talking so much of Radiohead that I feel like I'm missing something very good.

Some of my old friends who were all about OKPC some years ago are wanking over shoegaze now and leaving Radiohead behind tho.