ITT: Genres that objectively have no great albums

ITT: Genres that objectively have no great albums

I'll start with this shitty genre (thank god it's mostly done with)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CjveFZaGMpw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

progressive dreamfunk

System of a down is not nu-metal! Fuck yo picture!

Blink 182 -Neighborhoods is a great album.

Yes it is and fuck you and your bad taste.

No it isn't.

it's a little more emo but Jimmy Eat World's Clarity is pretty good.

No it's not.

Jersey club, bubblegum bass, skweee, hardstep, jump-up, chillstep, eurodance, funktronica, acidcore, makina, funky house, moombahton, hip house, spacesynth, speed garage, breakstep, tech trance, UK funky.

you've probably never heard it

SOAD is GOAT

>didn't grow up in New Jersey

I have and it's a gay 90s alt-rock cheesefest.
SO HEARTFELT
SO GENUINE
REAL FEELINGS
SO SINCERE

>spacesynth
Isao Tomita and Giorgio are fucking GOAT you utter moron.

made me kek audibly
you've got a nice thread there

IT'S GOOD YOU FAGGOT I HATE YOU AND WHEN I MEET YOU IN REAL LIFE I WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU'RE A FAGGOT

saturday night wrist, slipknot s/t and exmilitary are all decent albums

I hope I'm not the only one that feels that there's too many music styles declared as separate genres... I mean come one, most of the genres you listed have maybe five albums total

But you'll still be listening to Jimmy Eat World so it really does take one to know one.

Korn's first album was pretty decent. SOAD is objectively a great band with some pretty good albums.
Death Grips is not nu-metal, you're either pushing a meme or you fell for it and I don't know which is worse

If a genre can't produce a great album, it really shouldn't even exist desu

>Death Grips is not nu-metal
nu metal revival or whatever, it's the same stuff

>What is Nightcore?
although im not sure if sped up pop music can be considered a genre, a lot of people seem to treat it like one. And it has no great albums for sure. Not even good or decent ones.

jesus christ, why did literally no females have anything to do with nu-metal, theres not a single girl in that pic, numetal is clearly the gayest music genre

There was that band named Kitty, I think

>Kitty
>Coal Chamber

Otep

Poor dude never heard white pony

Amerifag detected

They aren't metal in any capacity.

>guest star les claypool
sure m8

not to mention a lot of dance music simply just doesn't get released in the album format

all three ratm albums are good desu

Wow you're retarded.

rap

and you think death grips isn't the modern equivalent of numetal

Metal.

I came to rebuttle OP's claim with Otep, love it or hate it, she had artistic integrity

I'm sorry, but this wasn't a thread for genres that have no objectively bad albums

The entire Deftones discography plus Mudvayne's first album.

The Undertones if they count though they are like a power pop/pop punk combo rather than more typical pop punk.

>hardstep
Dieselboy has released some decent stuff in that vein.

>chillstep
Swarms

>Eurodance
Literally everything. Amazing simple fun genre of pop stop being so boring and have fun in life for once you fucking asocial dunce.

A lot of those you're right with though they are like sub-sub-genres so that makes it kinda easy for this topic.

>liturgy
>baby metal
>all butt-metal
>good
kill yourself

not a fan of nu-metal, but this album kicks ass

This and Dysfunction are very solid imo

Can you believe I ordered 2 copies of pic related and they for some reason sent me this (OP) cover instead??

I got my money back and got it at the local shop anyway but still.

>exmilitary
if you're gonna bait, at least choose jenny death which has at least 2 unironic nu metal songs

You can't beat 80s thrash t bh

And I'm sure you only heard some of the singles from Babymetal but their albums are pretty damn good. Especially the first.

Believe me, I suffered through it to see where the hype came from. Nothing. It's awful.

Literally never see Staind mentioned on mu ever

Literally who?

Too bad the are the only properly nu-metal band I enjoy(aside of alt stuff like Deftones - Chevelle)

Lol it is not awful. Assuming you're not lying you went in with your mind already made up or you're one of those typical "either I like it or it's absolute shit" black and white exaggerators.

I can see people calling some of their singles awful but not every song.

When the very idea was bad in the first place, it's perfectly possible for it to be all awful. And it wasn't all awful - some of it was merely boring. Babymetal as a whole is just a bad project.

Staind never had a good album, just a few ok to good songs. Chevelle had some decent stuff but was never good.

>experimental music is bad
fuck off

Dysfunction was the first album right? For some reason I listened to that a lot but not the ones with the popular singles. I remember liking it quite a bit but I don't remember it outside of that "fuck you" song.

How could that be when it is absolutely an amazing project? Everything as a whole is what makes it so good. The music is better with the visuals of their concerts and their concerts have great theatrics and interesting lore and a cool backstory.

>strawmanning this hard
wew lad. Maybe you should just accept I think babymetal is bad and move on with your life instead of getting mad?

Most of Deftones, SOaD, and RatM's discographies were pretty great. If Tool count, some of their albums would be great if the vocals hadn't been added to them.

But what's the downside to that? It's not like doing that makes it any harder to find when you're searching broad genres like 'death metal', but it means that you can also narrow your search range to a more specific sound if you like 'Tech-grind' or something.

Are you suggesting that Primus were metal now?

Dat edge.

Lounge.

There has never been a good lounge album.

Tool is Prog, never had anything to do with Nu Metal. Why would you even think that?

here you go

youtube.com/watch?v=CjveFZaGMpw

Well... Because they're not really that proggy, are they? I mean, sure, there's some time-signature changes and stuff, but that's about it.

That was atrocious. Even worse than the original.

>fast guitars = prog
really?

Tool is one of those bands that is the epitome of prog because of their creative song structures

What? I never said that.

But Tool's song structures aren't creative at all. It's all straight-forward I-V-C-V-C-B-C-O stuff.

every genre _could_ produce an album, there's nothing stopping talented, visionary music school guys from taking hardstyle or post-grunge into new ambitious directions except lack of prestige

>albums
try singles

>albums
only exists in youtube video form. and i mean speeding up great songs wouldn't make them that much worse

Hey! :@

system of a down is good enough to carry the entirety of nu metal as a genre

But they're not really nu metal. Maybe in some distant way, but it's obvious how different they sound when compared to other bands mainly classified as nu metal. They are never named primarily nu metal.

This argument makes no sense, you could say the same for any nu-metal band. I'd say that Korn and Linkin Park sound nothing alike and still both fit the genre, at least LP's first albums.
They are nu-metal, and they are good. No genre is inherently bad.
Oasis, Blur and Pulp are really distant from each other and they're still all considered Britpop, just to put another example.

>But they're not really nu metal
can we fucking stop this? SOAD IS NU-METAL, JUST LIKE KORN, SLIPKNOT OR ANY OTHER NU-METAL BAND

NO

Butt Rock
J-Pop, K-Pop, etc.
Radio Metal

>K-Pop

I hope those K-pop fags don't visit other threads on this board except for Kpop General, otherwise you're dead...

Pic related is by all intense purple proses a nu metal album, fucking slipknot and soad both ripped it off

And it fucking rocks

prove me wrong

>you're dead

More like, this thread is dead and ruined by kpop spamming

Tool is one of the most trite bands period. Calling them the epitome of prog is laughable.