Has anyone here come over social anxiety? How did you manage it? Mine is PTSD related...

Has anyone here come over social anxiety? How did you manage it? Mine is PTSD related, any good PTSD treatments that worked for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

drugs.com/alprazolam.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5hojlP5Kns8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

got hold of some meds for it, but it made me too social. It was really wierd.

not OP

what did they give you user? name of the drug? i think being super social would be a lot better than the state i'm in now

OP here, wondering as well

can't remember what it's called, alpra-something-something. Seriously though, i wasn't myself. It was so fucking wierd, im having a hard time even remembering what i did. I think the meds had an amnesic effect. I would just go around getting into random conversations with complete strangers. goddamn that shit was cringy.

You make it sound like it was a bad experience, why? How long did you stay on it?

Sounds kinda weird. I was on citalopram a while back but it didn't seem to affect me at all. Took it for like 6 months and swear it just made me feel worse; I'd have days I wouldn't even be able to leave the house. Doctor didn't change meds or anything even when I was basically begging. Maintained dosage and carried on for 6 months until I flushed what I had left and stopped filling my script.

How I felt before and how I felt after are pretty much the same, but they're both better than how I felt when I was on that shit.

OP here, can't remember the name but an anti-depressant fucked me up as well. Couldn't get out of the house for 6 weeks. I don't know why I stayed on it that long.

Not necessarily a bad experience per se, but it was scary to think i was a whole different person. I should add this was NOT prescribed to me by legal means. I can remember the shape of the pill tho, very distiguished rectangle with rounded edges, all white. Got a tip off the darknet they help with social anxiety, thought id give it a try. In hindsight i think i took way too many at the same time, that was the problem. Thinking about it i actually remember falling asleep at one point, like properly just passing out on my way home, felt good though. Thank god i live out in the country.

>alpra
this? Alprazolam

drugs.com/alprazolam.html

alprazolam ?

I've got some other bezos prescribed to me.
Living with anxiety is easier (FOR ME) than being non stop high on downers. Also the addiction is sick and IT's one of the worst drugs to get clean off once addicted.
Crazy nights tho if you took an extra pill and some alcohol.

Bingo! The name, Xanax, that's it. Maybe it would have worked better if i wouldn't have taken so many at the same time, whatever. Im staying the fuck away from that.

>addiction is sick
Explain pls. How is it so bad?

For real info search for Benzodiazepine addiction, withdrawal, etc. on the internet. It's quite famous for being quite addictive but especially hard to quit with very very high physical and psychological suffering once you want to get off.

For me It was just very effective but I felt like I was slightly both physically and mentally retarded and I dropped out school for this year (will have to start again next year actually) because I was a real vegetable.

If you can handle downers It's really great for panic attacks or high anxiety during especially hard times. Also best way to deal with a comedown of any other drug.

sounds fucked tbh. I'm already an alcoholic, google says not to take it if you have liver issues, so looks like a no no for me.

I don't mean to be nasty, but that sounds like something you'd take care of before dealing with benzos

I'm trying man, I'm trying hard. I have so many nights where I'm drunk crying like a school girl, only to pass out and wake up 6 hours later to continue crying. But I'm trying.

Accept that it isn't going to change and know nothing is wrong with you just society says so Fuck the mainstream thoughts

You can do it user. That demon is a tough one to beat but you can do it.

Thanks man. I'm not very hopeful but you know, I've given up but part of me doesn't wanna give up and keep trying. And my problems aren't real you know, I have a job/roof over my head but can't help feel shit all the time. Haven't had a decent sleep in years. I'm exhausted man.

fuck society alright but it's not right feeling shit the whole day everyday, having nightmares nightly, not having a happy day in your life for years, you know man?

Godspeed user, don't start with bensos until this battle is won. come on mane, you can do it!

I I know the other end of the spectrum I was a heroin addict for 18 years same shit nightmares same fellings I changed the way I thought and my life changed read the book "as a man thinker"-james allen

>my problems aren't real

Hey. Fucking knock that shit off right now. Your problems are just as fucking valid as the next guy's. Mental issues are an issue, and enough assholes who are fortunate enough not to have them dismiss them as "not real". Don't fall in with that bullshit thinking. Telling yourself that your problems aren't real because your other circumstances are OK is only going to make you feel worse in the end.

Don't beat yourself up bro. Your issues affect you in this way, and that's as real as anything that anyone else can claim.

It's pointless me giving you a step-by-step on fighting through it, because everyone needs to find their own way. What worked for me probably won't work for you. But keep your damn head up.

For as little as it's worth; I believe in you.

>I believe in you
Thanks man. I need more people like you in my life but the cycle is: social anxiety + depression = no friends, no friends = more depression + anxiety = no friends and it goes on with no end. I used to believe I could beat it but as years go on I'm starting to give up. I started with a new therapist last week, seeing her again tomorrow. Maybe this time? I don't know. She seems better than all the others I've tried so far so we'll see.

youtube.com/watch?v=5hojlP5Kns8

>my life changed read the book
I'll check it out thanks man. Read so many books so far though, none worked really. Glad you got over your problems man, I am happy for you.

> Has anyone here come over social anxiety?
I came all over someo e who had social anxiety once. Not sure if it cured her permanently but it was a confidence booster for sure.

fuck you

undeserved trips, go yank your cock through your ass.

Suicide

Thanks, not an option though.

You could man up and stop being a bitch

Thanks for the bump

Its always an option op sadly you are too much of a pussy to actually go through with it hence why you are posting on /bee/ for advice and the odd dick sucking to keep your ego afloat desu.

bump?