Frazier could actually fight, and fought better opponents. But he didn't get a morning long special on the Today show...

Frazier could actually fight, and fought better opponents. But he didn't get a morning long special on the Today show. In fact, nobody made a big deal about it.The only reason anyone cares about Ali is because he was a controversial loud mouth. I haven't heard one thing about any of his fights, only about all the words that came out of his mouth. Fucking ridiculous.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uSFQrPzSAnE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But still not falling for it.

this might be bait but i actually agree with OP. Even tho he a homo.

You can't agree with an opinion that isn't actually held. You're essentially agreeing to a facade, which thereby makes you autistic.

also, what about Forman? 40-0 and he beat Ali aswell even though ali won the rematch. (and i'm not even mentioning the ropes cause let's say he won fair and square - he still wouldn't go 40-0).

Well yeah, he was a character that backed it up with excellent fighting ability.

It's like Trump is a terrible politician but gets a lot of attention for his character, the only difference is, Ali was exceptional at what he did.

Don't take the bait. They're shitpackers.

He was moral and didn't want to fight against Vietnam.

My nigga

Not bait at all.
He was a great boxer so far as technique is concerned. But he fought bums/ people that were well beyond their prime. When he got to a real fighter he hit the canvas.
When did Forman ever beat Ali?
Cool story.

wot. Ali fought foreman once. no rematch. Ali won, so what about the ropes, foreman had no answers for it. if Ali is sitting on the ropes and foreman can't do anything, then that is foreman's fault. Ali KOed him fair.

Big mouth muslim nigger. I know its upsetting him being killed after a white kid felt into his den.

Smoking Joe Frasier was the man before ALI came up. Ali was just a young up and coming fighter. However he was so good at boxing that he became the new guy to watch he could promote sell fights and box his ass off. He risked his success in a time when it was hard for blacks to accumulate wealth to speak up for the downtrodden

Wat

I hate this nigger. But he was good.

OP isn't wrong negro

Foreman didn't beat Ali, you filthy casual.

Compared to most of the people he fought, yea.

Ali spent his prime in jail and came back and beat one of the most heavy handEd fighters ever

Ali never beat Floyd Patterson, watch the 3 fight, Ali couldn't stop the uppercut. Yet he got all 3 decision's

not even of good quality

Ali was a supremacist. And a bit of an extremist. A lot of blacks even thought nation of islam was a bit crazy. And it doesnt matter what kind of extremist you are; black white asian muslim jew whatever. The only good extremist is a dead one.

>loses to Ali twice
>loses to Foreman twice, while Ali convincingly beat him

He's simply less iconic than Ali is. Its not really surprising

So did Jack Johnson. Jack was loud, fuck white women, drove fancy cars and just didn't give a fuck in general. Only thing he didn't do to my knowledge was speak up for the downtrodden. But that was a time when getting hung, shot or imprisoned for life was very, very real.

No dumbass ali beat sonny liston for the title, ali and Frazier were contemporaries

Foreman had no skill only power, Ali knew that and got him punch himself out like amateur

He eventually denounced the Nation of Islam because of its racism towards whites.

True, beat it's not like he beat him by being active, he won it passively and barely took any head shots. He let Foreman wear himself down and then basically pushed him onto the ground.

All true. Foreman should have been penalized for that strike to the back of the head though, man. Dirty. But, I guess that's how it goes.

Just like Malcolm X did, but none of these loudmouth blacks like to acknowledge that part.

I thought he was a great fighter, but his skills quickly became shakey.

there is actually a good thread, what is this summer coming to?

HAHAHA a weak ass Parkinson's joke. Kill yourself.

You've got to be fucking kidding. He dodged punches like a god and his feet speed was unreal.

He was like Mayweather except not a bitch

He still did beat Frasier tho as a matter of fact nothing I said is incorrect your just butthurt

I never said he wasn't a good boxer. I said all the Today show had been talking about was the shit he said. But you can't ignore that the majority of people he fought weren't so good. He did beat others that were pretty good. All in all he was a good boxer. But nowhere near the greatest of all time warranting basically 3 hours of media attention.

muhammad ali is the most over rated boxer of all time.

I don't give two shits what anyone says, put him, in the best shape of this life, and at the peak of this boxing ability in the Ring with a 20 year old Mike Tyson, with Cus D'Amato in his corner, and Ali wouldn't be able to last 5 rounds.

I can't stand that little faggot.

Shit, I doubt he could beat Dempsey. Especially if there were no corner rule like back in Jack's day. Dempsey would have massacred him. Hell tyson copped lots of his moves, but was a helluva lot faster and slicker.

Love this vid. Dude could dodge some lunches. youtu.be/uSFQrPzSAnE

That's why America loves him. Not because of his boxing ability, but because he was a loudmouth asshole.

Overrated, lots of shady shit involved in a lot of his matches.

*punches.
Fucking autocorrect.

user stated it above, but it bears repeating: we never saw Ali's prime because he lost those years making a social statement, one which it turns out is rather historically poignant. That both elevates his career beyond simple sport and gives it a mystique that's very appealing.

Liberal logic:
>Bush is a draft dodger, he should be in jail!!
>Ali is a hero for refusing to be drafted!!

Was bush dealing with islamaphobia or racism? Did bush spend a day in jail? Did bush have to give up his probably most profitable part of his career? Did bush come out and say he's not fighting that war because it's a stupid war to be fighting? No. He bitched out and went to the national guard. Stfu