Moments bands went downhill

Moments bands went downhill.

Rest in peace, young Trap Lord

This.

This or Duke

Disagree it was decent, but I do think they went to absolute shit with the fall though

I think you mean The Black Album.

Duke was amazing

Just listen to "Duke's Travels"

Don't get me wrong, I think Duke is fine, mostly. I think it was the 'last hurrah' anyway. Half good, half bad. And the there were three was complete tripe to me, though. After Duke, they weren't the same.

I unironically like Meteora

>Insinuating Bon Jovi were ever good

Yeah, only dads like it.

Sad but true, hard to believe there are no good songs on that album

Stop

I still think New Level is good in a shitty, party-hype way. Yammy Gang is decent beat wise, but otherwise, complete shit, which really kills me. Love me some Fergenstein, and I was looking forward to it more than anything else.

It wasn't a main album, I don't know why Damon even released it under Gorillaz

only moms you mean

>main album
what does that even mean.

I think he means that it's like a mixtape would be in hip hop. Just something you do on the side for a couple of days and be through with it.

It should have been released as a b side like g sides and d sides is what I mean. It was made entirely by Damon on his iPad while on tour with blur.

No he means this crap
the Black album wasn't bad
It still represented what Metallica was and had their sound
Then came this cum covered album

That's some bloody jizz on the cover.

It is called "Load" after all

The Black Album was bad though. A couple good songs like The Unforgiven but the rest are terrible. Even Load had more good songs

It wasn't a Gorillaz album, it was at best a 2d album, but even then it's a stretch. Plastic Beach is the last actual Gorillaz album.

This.

The only song I took any liking to was Psycho but i got tired of it real quick. Even if his last album was generic he was still able to make it interesting and good, I was hoping he would have a couple more serious songs but even his trap songs in his new album were shit. He took several steps backwards and now he's pretty much on the same path as Mac Miller unless he can turn it around. Sucks because I thought Ferg would be a lot like Biggie with his good flow and party songs, oh well.

The exact moment Damo Suzuki left Can

>not master of puppets
MOP is almost the exact same as ride the lightning. Start off with a fast track, then the lengthy title track, then the slower but still catchy and heavy track, then the ballad. Side 2 of MOP is pretty much like that as well but in a different order. Trapped Under Ice = Damage Inc (faster track) Escape = Leper Messiah (the one no one cares about/the filler) Creeping Death = Disposable Heroes (the lengthy standout from side 2) Call of Cthulu = Orion (Instrumental)

Face it. MOP is Metallica re-writing RTL, only not as good

>muh metal
fuck off, it's a decent album

Still great though

let me deconstruct how wrong(and right) you are
>Trapped Under Ice = Damage Inc (faster track)
It is clearly Fight FIre with FIre, if you think anything else you are wrong. But yes, you are basically right here
Both are equally good
>Escape = Leper Messiah (the one no one cares about/the filler)
bad comparison, it's Trapped Under Ice. Both stand the time because they stand out in the album
Leper Messiah > Escape
Creeping Death = Disposable Heroes (the lengthy standout from side 2)
Yes and here Creeping Death > Disposable Heros
Call of Cthulu = Orion (Instrumental)
sure, but they had an instrumental on every album until The Black Album. All were great too.

MoP = RtL

Some people can't accept that The Fall is the fourth album just because it was recorded on an iPad. Which is pretty stupid.

>It wasn't recorded on studio, so it's not an album.

That's the plebiest thing I've ever read.

I still think Ferg has potential to release something good. Trap Lord was unexpectedly great, so I don't see why he couldn't surprise everyone again.

More like this

the literal gayest album cover of all time

Nah. RtL is a good follow up to Kill'em all. MoP is overrated, but acceptable. So is Justice. I think Black Album is the beginning of the end.

Really? I only listened that of their albums. And I love it so much. I may have to check previous albums.

Correcto

WORKING AT BEN AND JERRYS IT WAS SCARY

edgy

whhhyyyyyyyyyy

it's okay to be wrong.

Load only had 4 good songs whereas black only had 4 mediocre songs

Because Yams did basically the whole aesthetic and conception of Trap Lord, watch ASAP Mob go to complete shit next year.

Does it count if said musician recovered from the slump or does it have to be complete career-destroyers?

Cause I have an example but I'm not sure it fits.

nobodies going to come get you either way so just post whatever

Ok thanks.

(He recovered years after this but this was a fucking LOOOOW.)

I'm pretty sure this was the beginning of his 80s decline. You could also argue Let's Dance was where it started, but a lot of people really love that album.

Why? RtL is a great album

Tonight > Let's Dance imo.

This piece of shit.

X Factor and BNW were ok though

>implying that warning is any better

This is a good album if you don't consider it a "Metallica" album per se.

"no"

i had always thought it was some kind of fire or some shit
then i find out it's actually cum
who the fuck came with that idea? the fuck

what the hell does that even mean

Depending on who you ask.
I'm in the former camp.
Bland, cringey, stock songwriting, pretentious and obnoxious.

"Mechanical Animals" really surprised me; it proved Manson was not an Alice Cooper-rip off with no substance. It was a fantastic industrialish glam rock extravaganza, featuring "Coma White," one of the best alt rock songs of the 90's.

So I don't know what happened. I guess "Mechanical Animals" was a one-off. The riffs on this album, I cannot stress enough, are so cliched and boring. It's the same-old monotonous power chords at the same speed (slow!) and sound with Manson singing middle-school-rebellion lyrics over top. There is just no variation in the structure and delivery - it's about as predictable as the 4th generation post-grunge bands that were invading the airwaves around the same time.

In short, "Mechanical Animals" made me change my mind about Manson, and this made me realize that I was probably correct the first time around. I mean seriously, if this is "heavy" and "pushing the envelope," then wowzers...

The seeds for GOAG were sown in that record.

Objective truth.

Tbf its impossible to continue to create after this masterpiece.

opps wrong pic

you mean moments when bands got good

This nigger gets it. MoP is possibly the most overrated genre album of all time.

They totally redeemed themselves with ...And Justice. Hands down, their best album.

what the fuck am I reading

agree
they were always bad, get over yourself you virgin, you don't have to mope around all day listening to that melodramatic brit whining into a mic.
Anco were always bad, but this is the one ACCEPTABLE album, for ONCE in a blue moon.
>green day
>ever good
good god how old are you.
middleschool girls listen to Killers
>metal
I don't have any fedora images saved on my computer, i'm sure someone will send one your way.
Only one good album bud. And it's not that.
There's a 90% chance you didn't listen to david bowie before he died.
true
(you) guys need to stop with this, it's an ancient meme that needs to finally be put to rest it's pathetic.
>master piece
More like
>horrible at songwriting so overuse crescendo dynamics for the illusion of an emotional piece of music.

wew lad

After he hit mainstream it started all about me me me me.
I used to listen Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show but right now I only listen to pic related

their previous work is nothing like it, and also not nearly as good. don't get meme'd.

>le edgy ICP tier rape rap listened to by exclusively 12 year olds in the 90's

Couple good singles, but generally shit.

Psycho's awesome, ditto Hungry Ham and Let It Bang. Ultimately, a disappointment though

I'm not saying it's not an album, faggot, Gorillaz always has had B side albums that are weirder and less focused than their main albums. I find it really bizarre The Fall was even released under the name Gorillaz, doubly so as a main album. Jamie Hewlett had nothing to do with it and it has a very similar sound to their b side albums, in that it's more a disconnected set of songs instead of a single cohesive album.

This

Wow you're a contrarian faggot.

>Those filenames

what are you talking about . I agreed like 3 times there

shit and obvious b8

RtL > MoP = KEA > Black Album > AJFA > Load = Reload > Death Magnetic > Saint Anger
I know I'll get some shit for ranking the Black Album higher than And Justice For All, but I simply liked it more, even though it can hardly be considered Thrash Metal. AJFA is pretty boring, except for Dyers Eve.
Overall I agree with OP.

Wait, Sup Forums doesn't like Meteora? It's basically Hybrid Theory 2, though not as good.

*Except better
FIFY

this was literally like a bunch of throw aways

God, what a piece of crap. It reminds me of why I almost never discuss music online.

Oh fuck off, FOTL is still amazing. Always outgunned fucking sucked, Invaders Must Die was very good, and The sun is my enemy was awful.

Oh my God, I read the whole thing, that was fantastic.

It's like the metalhead version of Scaruffi's "The fact that" essay. I hope it catches on as a meme.

That album was fucking rad man, it was the last time they tried their pop-prog schtick successfully. It's cheesy as fuck, but it's also about an evil blue alien controlling a galactic empire so fuck it.

textbook "what the fuck do we even do now?"