/grimes/

Discuss Claire Elise Boucher aka the new Mozart.

New interview: vmagazine.com/article/v104-grimes-interview/

>Still, Boucher’s not entirely prepared to abandon the glamour of big budget videos just yet; she has also just finished collaborating with Janelle Monáe on her video for “Venus Fly,” their shared track on Art Angels, which will serve as the 11th and final video off the album.

>As she closes the door on this album, Boucher has a calmer project in mind for the next: “I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe. I feel like my work has always been fast paced, kinetic, and almost just manic and I feel like for me the hardest thing I can do is make something that’s slow and heavy. I’m so ADD in my work; I really want to push myself into something that would be slower and more reflective.”

Daily reminder to be nice to Grimes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4
grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/140857883740/grimes-the-happy-reader-winter-2015
youtube.com/watch?v=YchxSmRmi4I
twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/793603098346459138
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

greasy goblin reportin' it

im gonna control her songs

Are there any young artists who already include Grimes as one of their influences?

I want to consume grimes and make her apart of me

stop

FrankJavCee i think

>goblin

frankjavcee totally posts here
or at least used to

>wanting to consume Grimes
Are you a cannibal?

>a part of me
>apart from me
Make up your prepositional phrases properly.

i know. when i was making a shitty ironic rpgmaker grimes game he gave me permission to use his grimes covers.

that was forever ago. im certain he's stopped coming here.

What are Grimes most emotional songs?

who fucking cares holy shit!

skin

remember when she posted this on her trashstagram?

also gloam

there's no need to be rude, i was clarifying for the user.

What a faggot

Is he good? What should I listen from him?

talk about grimes retard

>calls grimes a faggot

Yeah he's pretty underrated. All his FrankJavCee Volume 1.X albums are pretty dope and different. He doesn't have too similar of a sound to Grimes.

be the change

Rare pepe nice

within the scale of the life of the cosmos, a human life is no more than a tiny blip, so be the change

grimes!

not an argument

Seriously underrated: youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4

Proper music to listen at night on headphones.

is this when she sold out?

Jewey grimes

corrupt bastard.

good girl

Artists/other creative types YOUNGER than Grimes who have mentioned her:
>Lorde
>Brandon Wardell
>Brie Larson
>MO
>Nicole Dollanganger
>Amandla Stenberg
>Fran Lobo
>Kaytranada
>Miss Geo
>Kenya Kinski-Jones
>Anna Wise
>Halsey

All I can supply atm. There are untold others...

It's a rare beluga - not a pepe.

me

grimes' a cute
A CUTE!!!!!!!!!

cutie

She influenced me to produce my cum.

What is Grime's fanbased called?

Greasy Goblins?

what did she mean by this

trashies

i like voignamirians more

Random clothes and places in every music video. Are you guys aware of that? Or you just ignoring the fact?

Waifu-tards

voignamirians - after the infamous feline Voignamir (a one-time pet of Grimes.) It's an English transliteration for the Russian title of Dostoyevsky's War and Peace - aka Grimes' LEAST favorite Russian novel.

War and Peace is by Tolstoy.

Lol whoops!

>LEAST favorite
Did you meam MOST favorite?

Sup Forums

m-more

>
>voignamirians - after the infamous feline Voignamir (a one-time pet of Grimes.) It's an English transliteration for the Russian title of Tolstoy's War and Peace - aka Grimes' LEAST favorite Russian novel.

No.

>I think all of academia is deeply competitive, and one of the main reasons I dropped out of school and didn’t pursue research is because I was like, 'Fuck this competitive, back-stabby, judgy culture.’ It’s almost as bad as music fandom. I can’t remember things, like individual things that happened in a book I read a couple years ago. I don’t catch every metaphor. I hated War and Peace. I just didn’t enjoy it. And I always get shit for it!
grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/140857883740/grimes-the-happy-reader-winter-2015

Clearly she had a love/hate relationship with her cat - which is why his name is the PERFECT nickname for members of her fanbase since fanbases are both a blessing and a curse.

I see. Thanks.

Grimes contributed with sound packs for this new sound making device: youtube.com/watch?v=YchxSmRmi4I
She's mentioned in the video. It looks cool IMO.

I met Grimes a few years ago after a show. She hugged me and was just generally adorable and super sweet to everyone.

nice clickbait

tell me more.

so close.

I'm ignoring the fact

and yet they manage to have a cohesive and appealing aesthetic.

absolutely incredible work by Mac and the girls, as usual. Grimes and Mac make such a good filmography team.

cancer

tumblr

>I’m really vibing on

>he doesn't vibrate
fucking plebian.

She's actually mentioned in the video. She even twitted about this device: twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/793603098346459138

>just witnessed insane new music production invention -- v cool #ROLIBLOCKS @WeAreRoli

>unironically using the word vibe

>unironically not using the word vibe

she's not even in the video your movie sucks

great now she's a sell out, willing to shill anything for a paycheck, whether it's a movie, video games or a shitty gimmicky toy for 13 year olds who are too retarded to learn how to use a DAW.

shes not a sellout

someone pointed out that it's Grims in exotic locations and it was actually a good point, they're beautiful. unironically my favorite vids.

the editing is underrated, too. you get a feel of what it's trying to be which is more interesting

she wasn't... right up until this summer.

fuck the hipsters who called her a sellout for her last album, this is what selling out really is. god fucking dammit grimes, i hope the paychecks were worth your artistic integrity.

suck a pen15, faggot

yeah she is

go away from my lovely grimes thread, delusional pieces of shit

so right

What paychecks? Fuck off,

I regret asking this.

I'm just going to refer to you as Little Grimesters.

you're delusional. I've been here, being a cheerleader for grimes for the past 3 years. this shit is just leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

You're an idiot if you don't think she's not getting payed for her endorsement as well as creating a "sound pack" for this thing.

You're beyond retarded if you think she didn't get payed for Medieval Warfare and her NBA2k17 crap.

i'm ok with this

I am not using it ironically, though.

Grimes is 100% a sellout to the general public - ie. you and me. Which is fine because that is how all authentic professional musicians operate.

>being mad cuz people are getting paid for their job
>implying you are not beyond retarded idiot

What is a "sellout"?

>implying it's her job to shill for toys
it makes her especially look bad because she's only made a single album where she actually knew what the fuck she was even doing. it definitely reminds one that she's not classically trained.

Is this the biggest sellout in the history of Sup Forums?

every dubs this thread gets protect grimes from a potential ricardo
trips kills animejames
quads kills all ricardos

It's not a sellout, dumbass

shilling for crap that you otherwise would have no involvement in if it weren't for the paycheck.

it's certainly the most surprising, but considering her track record through the latter half of this year I'm not sure why.

roll

roll

>genuinely loving pop music
>making music she always wanted to make
>didn't make the music you wanted to hear
>sellout
gtfo delusional hater.

is grimes doomed to die soon?

They invited her to do that and she just thought "why not?". She is experimental, she wants to take part in a lot of things. There is litterally nothing wrong with it. She is living her life, cuz she has a life. Unlike you.

....user thats the exact kind of mentality i called out. i specifically said that she's not a sellout because of those reasons, because those are stupid reasons and hipsters are retarded for even thinking that.

i'm saying she's a sellout because she's on a shilling streak recently and a decent chunk of the stuff is nothing she has a vested interest in.

no, it's more like "We'll give you $10k if you make a soundpack and tweet about our toy" and she said "sure, beats having to do another show"
>nothing wrong with it
the fact that a musician who was known for her incompetence is advertising for an instrument who's major selling point is "you don't even have to have any talent with playing instruments" makes it look extremely fucking bad.

Do you work for money? Stop pretending that Grimes should work for free, you goddamn hipster. She needs to put food on the table, just like you. While you're pirating her music, she's working hard trying to make some money while she doing the music she likes.

>being a cheerleader for grimes for the past 3 years
Do you want a medal for that? Stop supporting her, stop posting about her, she doesn't need you. The song California is about people like you:
>The things they see in me, I cannot see myself
>When you get bored of me, I'll be back on the shelf
>And when the ocean rises up above the ground
>Maybe I'll drown in...
>California
>You only like me when you think I'm looking sad
>California
>I didn't think you'd end up treating me so bad

Surrendering creative control of one's artistic output to a third party in exchange for massive sums of cash. Something that Grimes definitively has NOT yet done.

>musician who was known for her incompetence
That's past. She is established producer now.

as if she isn't getting payed hella stacks for playing all those festivals.

>The song California is about people like you
the song california is about retarded indie critics who complained about her changing her sound. all of whom are retarded.

I'm criticizing her for taking money to do shit that she has no real interest with. Shit like that nba soundtrack and now this stupid crap. it's one thing for stuff like POP and Medieval Warfare, because that's actually shit she has a vested interest in.

I know this, but it certainly won't help get rid of that image any faster.

>she's on a shilling streak recently
Working for money is shilling streak? What are you, a priviledged hipster that never worked for money? You idiot, it's called doing a job. Most known artists don't do just albums and tours, they also have music in ads, appear in ads, etc.

I'm glad she broke your idealized image about her as a pure angel unaffected by the needs of a real human. Tbch you're worse than a hater, you're a fake fan. At least a hater is honest about his intentions.

>the fact that a musician who was known for her incompetence is advertising for an instrument who's major selling point is "you don't even have to have any talent with playing instruments" makes it look extremely fucking bad.
Incompetence, while she's making some of the best music of the decade? WTF you're even talking about? Do you imply she doesn't know how to operate her gear? Jfc, so much cringe.

exploiting a fanbase who have supported and elevated an artist's status, it's about moral values and doesn't really involve the artistry

>Most known artists don't do just albums and tours, they also have music in ads, appear in ads, etc.
having your music appear in an ad isn't selling out. advertising something that has nothing to do with you or your ethos is selling out.

>I'm glad she broke your idealized image about her as a pure angel unaffected by the needs of a real human
I never had this perception in the first place. I just expected her to maintain her artistic integrity because she's asserted that it's very important to her.

>Do you imply she doesn't know how to operate her gear?
She used to do so clumsily and undeliberately. She's very competent now, but from her inception through the end of the initial visions tour cycle she definitely was a complete novice who in her own words "Faked her way through everything".