I would like to buy a gun to protect my home. Any recommendations?

I would like to buy a gun to protect my home. Any recommendations?

springfield XDS 45.

Anything will work, just aim it at your face first.

YES I LOVE THAT GUN I HAVE IT

Move your home to a country that isnt awash is weaponry.

Lorcin L25

For home defense you wanna make sure you get something with stopping power and hollow points you don't want any collateral damage I value my TV more than a life of a thief/burglar

I'd like to buy one as well but I live in eurabia

glock 19

9mm:
FN FNS-9
Glock 19 Gen4
Heckler & Koch VP9
Ruger SR9
SIG Sauer P320
Smith & Wesson M&P Series
Walther PPQ M2

not op, but been debating between this in 45 or 9. Does the bigger round really make up for less capacity and less kick on such a small gun?

mavric 88 shotgun can be had for under 200 and then spend some cash training.

Firearms are not talismans they are machines that take practice to gain the skills in their use. just like a car you must practice proper use before you have a chance of successful use in extreme situations

Buy something chambered in 7.62X39. If you aren't killing your intruder and your neighbor's dog two houses over, what's he point in staying alive?

Mossberg 500
Good price and a shotgun is easier to aim than a handgun due to the length.
Don't just buy it though, go out to the range and practice until you're good.

And get a katana

Smith and Wesson 500mag

no look at every force that employs firearms militaries cops etc they understand the value of controlability and capacity

I keep an H&K VP9 at home it's a great gun and I have a glock 43 with 2 round mag extenders for ccw

You want a shitty for the home. Especially if you're inexperienced. >Not hard to aim >Spread shot so hard to miss >Bullets typically won't go through walls so don't worry about fuckin your house up royally or killing a neighbor. Mossberg 500 great place to start.

go with the 9 bro, it better to re-aim after the first shot, not so much recoil

katana is gay but a mossberg is gr8 got mine last year and have to say easy to maintain just get some 12 gauge bird shot and keep it near your bed

9mm or 380 will kill especially with modern ammunition technology. I'd go 9mm though because most people can handle it and it's pleasant to take to the range. If it's your first handgun go 9mm if you want it for more than just plinking.

Agreed

for those claiming the mossberg 500 is great. I agree!

Te Mavric 88 is made by mossberg and is 95% a 500 at 1/2 the price

Note: I have a $1000 budget for the gun itself and I plan to take shooting lessons. I have no close neighbors.

Bird shot won't do shit

I don't even own at 9 at the moment I have a glock 27 .40cal for edc but im really wanting to get a p938 sig in 9mm

This
You have allot of options then you want handgun or something bigger?

I'm looking for a handgun. I am a small person and not sure I can handle something larger.

You're going to want a shotgun. Peter Hofer makes some good ones.

get a maveric lots of ammo and a class in tactical shotgun much better than a expensive thing you cant afford to learn to use very well.

Shotgun with 00 buck load. Better to replace drywall than your life.

You don't want to have to rely on precision aiming during a home invasion. And you're less likely to drop it or have it knocked out of your hand.

If it's a handgun then Glock 19 is a good beginner. Double stacked so you have enough rounds

Glock 19 and a class would be a good choice nothing fancy but works

Any .45 ACP and you're good to go.

>to protect my homo. Any recommendations?

Yes, be straight.

tanks Sup Forumsros

a shotgun is superior to all handguns for home defense. get yourself a nice pump action or semiauto 12 gauge and load it with buckshot. this is objectively the best home defense weapon you can own. otherwise, if legal, get a submachine gun in 45acp

If you get a shotgun, go for remington 870. Better imo than a mossberg. Shottys gonna be your best bet for home defense, and theyre cheaper than a pistol most of the time. If you get a handgun, get one at a gun show. You will pay about 25-40% less for the same gun. I just got a Sig Sauer STX .45. Its great so far. Not much kick for a .45 and classy af. Pick related.

best gun for your money user
>completely silent
>highly accurate
>cheap ammunition
>cuts bread
>kills scary brown people

Pistol grip shotgun is the way to go.

As far as a hand-gun, I prefer revolvers for home defense. They don't jam. 357 packs a punch and you can save on target practice by shooting 38 spl. Just remember, you can shoot 38 from any 357 but DO NOT load 357 rounds into a 38.

im so jealous of you americans that you could just buy a gun to protect yourself from niggers just like that

What state do you live in

Me too
I wish i was born in america

For a little over your budget I picked up the Remington 870 12 gauge and a Ruger Gp100 (357 magnum, also takes 38 special). Simple and effective weapons for my out in the middle of nowhere lifestyle

Not quite that simple but yes. Our govt trusts us to defend ourselves from all threats foreign and domestic

What about my .22 sportsman

950 JDJ should hold dem niggas off your property.

MG 42

1200 rpm of nigger suppression

shotguns, not really.. pump shotguns are slower rate of fire, and worse in close quarters, easier for someone to grab onto.. and lower capacity. a modern 9mm handgun will have 15 rounds per magazine and you can quickly reload, and quickly fire multiple shots.. i would rather have a glock 19 than a shotgun against multiple home invaders.

however, if OP doesn't have close neighbors, and doesn't really intend to carry the firearm on his body day to day, as an every day carry.. then an ar-15 would be an ideal home defense weapon. the ar-15 has a good 30 round capacity ( actually i only fill the mags to 28 rounds ) .. it's got better stopping power than a pistol, more accuracy and range, and it's much easier for someone less experienced to handle a rifle than a pistol. a good red dot sight will make it point and shoot and simple to use under stress.. handgun iron sights are a bit more difficult to use under stress than a red dot.

AK nigga

>militia

These guys get it.

an ar-15 has very low recoil and is easier to handle and put back on target after shots than any pistol, such as a 9mm.. if you are smaller and want an easily controllable home defense weapon an ar-15 would be ideal. if you intend to carry it on your person as an EDC.. get a glock 19 imo.. or another high quality pistol such as a sig sauer p229 etc..

this

You still need to aim a shotgun even up close

Get a moist nugget.Not even gigganigga will be getting up from that.

This guy has never shot a shotgun at across the room distances.

This is my home defense AK

It's a shotgun, not a fucking blunderbuss.

AK

Boomstick

Shotguns, REALLY.

12g. Bullpup shotgun, semi-auto, 3" mag. #4 buckshot, 41x0.24" ... there is nothing better for home defense.

dont listen to this guy OP, he thinks AR15s penetrate walls more than a 9mm handgun.

and yes, i invite you to come grab my shotgun. see if you can do it without making a 70 caliber hole of daylight in your torso. ill be waiting in my room, 8 feet from the doorway.

just get yourself a good shotgun and post up pointing it down a hallway or at a door like normal people while you call 911. you arent in a jean claude van dam movie

nice, an ak or an ar would be great home defense options, the ar-15 might have slightly more manageable recoil for a beginner, but they are both great platforms... aks are bombproof and i tend to actually prefer them myself, but ars are also fantastic.

beretta m9?

you might want to take that to a carbine course. i have a feeling shooting that muzzlebreak in a tight hallway will change your mind real quick about using it for home defense

gonna need body armour

these dumbasses probably think a single shotgun blast will clear an entire hallway / room.. and kill a whole like of burglars 8 feet across.. lol. i have shot plenty of #00 buck, from 25 yards it prints a pattern about 6 inches apart on a steel target.. tl;dr .. you still have to AIM a shotgun. i actually prefer slugs, personally.

however a pump shotgun is without question, far inferior, to a good semi-automatic rifle or pistol.. especially a rifle. too slow. semi-auto shotguns are unreliable, mostly, and the reliable ones will cost you more than a good ar-15 .. which would be a poor choice imo.

regarding penetration, that depends on the round, if you're using hollowpoint rounds, frangible rounds, or rounds intended to expand on soft targets, ar-15 rounds won't over penetrate THAT much.. compared to a 9mm say.. but if you're using steel core 5.56 rounds, you will get more penetration of barriers.. which can be a good or bad thing depending on the circumstances. an ar-15 is a superior home defense weapon imo, to other options, including a shotgun.

The citizenry is the militia. Also the bill of rights says the right of the people, not the right of the militia.

Shotgun is the home defense weapon. Double aught buck, that racking sound. I personally think a semiautomatic shotgun is the way to go because if you're injured you can shoot with your off hand, and no manual pumping.

Saiga 12, Vepr 12, DDI 12GA, etc. All based on the reliable AK platform with many magazine options.

The shotgun advocates here know precisely fuck all about how a shotgun really works. At close range, pellet spread is inconsequential. At 10 yards/30 feet you might get 10 inches of pellet spread with proper man killing ammunition. How big is your bedroom? Mine is much smaller than 10 yards across.

It is very possible to miss with a shotgun at close range. That means that you are sending 9 or more bullets down range with every trigger pull.

Mossbergs are every bit as good as Remingtons and a fuck ton cheaper.

Shotguns a a pain in the ass to use indoors. Get a 30" long stick and walk around your house pointing it like a gun. Tell me how convenient it is.

Pistol grip shotguns are a stone bitch to use well with proper man killing ammunition.

Shotguns are not user friendly. Recoil takes lots of getting used to. They take lots of practice to load, fire and unload well.

Shotguns are nice and long and easy for badguys to grab. If you don't know how to defend against a disarm attempt, you stand a good chance of losing your shotgun to the guy you wanted to end.

Buy a pistol and practice. Doesn't make much difference which pistol.

It's not the arrow that matters so much as the Indian.

I bought a cheap (really cheap, like $200) Beretta 92S police trade-in. 9x19mm Hornady Critical Defense and a 15 round capacity. There's your home defense.

20 gauge exists and is very effective manstopper as well

This is an AK74 chambered in 545x39

You ask, a professional soldier answers: You need five things to conduct basic defense of your home.

1. Shotgun. Mossburg 500 is good. Any Winchester will do. Don't waste your hard cash on Benelli's, etc. All, you need is something to clear rooms and sweep hallways.

2. Pistol: Sig P-225/226. Best pistol I've ever used. There's a reason SOF guys use them.

3. Rifle: Any AK or SKS knock-off will do, if you are just looking to put a bunch of rounds out quickly in a general direction. If you've got the money, buy an M4/AR-15 and put a good scope on it. ACOG is best for me, but you have to practice with the scope, or don't bother.

4. Good flashlight. So you can see, blind dudes wearing NOD's, and bash zombies over the head.

5. Knife. Any good one will do.I like using AK bayonets, because if I lose it or break it, I can just pick up another.

All this works. Your individual experience may vary...good luck.

this is what police are for. you arent seriously advocating killing someone just because they are trying to steal some replaceable material goods, are you OP?

this will do

You've played too much Call of Duty.

Police are to clean up the mess after you're entire family has been raped to death. Avg police response time is 7-14 minutes. Response time of 9mm bullets is 1140fps. Also you think all human life is precious. I'll give you a hint. It's not

Your*

Yeah, because burglars typically want to rape and kill your family...
Oh I feel sorry for you fear ridden bastards. You watch too many movies or news story freak stories.

All my friends have handguns for home defense. I have a mossberg 12 gauge. Better stopping power and you don't have to be as accurate. Easy to load, easy to clean, easy to shoot. Perfect for home defense.

Ok friend. Take it for what it's worth. I'm 53 and have never played Call of Duty, but I have spent the last 30 years carrying a weapon for a living.

I do however, play World of Tanks...

I'm sorry but I'm not taking the chance when it comes to my family. They are in my house uninvited looking to commit a crime. I don't know what is going through their mind but that doesn't matter when my family's safety is in question. And that person does not deserve to keep breathing. His life has ceased to be precious.

I've got a baseball bat since guns are illegal here

>Hornady Critical Defense
lol inferior plastic tip shitty gimmick ammo. get something good like HST, gold dots, winchester bonded, etc if you really value your life.

Do criminals have guns where you're from? It's crazy to think about the difference between europe and the states.
Even if we made guns illegal, there would still be tons of criminals with guns.

Winchester 870 or Mossberg 500

Ever seen someone hunt birds, dumbass?

So, nowhere. Got it.

use this

fucking keltech is at it again