Discuss Carlin

Discuss Carlin

shit tier lager

Great comedian.
Shit politician.
I like him

He completely lost his mind toward the end.

>Discuss Carlin

All the Satirical Comiedians/News? Anchors owe everything to him.

Carlin is Good

Ofc. That old bastard probs got mental illness before he died.
Rip you magnificent asshole ;-;

He has reborn and works under name "Undoomed", still bashing the stupidity of the world.

Best comedian ever.

not funnt at all, but social commentary was ok, never offered solutions, just made money off a system he claimed to hate...

WALKIIIIIIING!!!!

I love that he pissed off religious people as much as he did.

>inb4 fedora tip

This and only this

How? Didn't he make his money off of people buying into his message?

a preacher, not a comedian

He made money off of his shows. The irony of the situation seemed to have been lost on him. He was more than ready to bite the hand that fed him.

It's Bad for Ya
wasn't bad.

he made money off work he did

you know nothing of Carlin or what irony is

You sound like such a cock sucking fag. Wanna suck his dick some more?

He was an unfunny cunt who thought he had all the answers, but enjoyed his American lifestyle and benefited from it. He was a hypocrite and didn't even know it.

My Dad introduced him to me as a kid (during the 70's). Followed his career for 30 years. Saw him live (finally) in the late 90's at the Fox Theater in Detroit. Was awesome!!

Shortly before he died, I reacquainted with an old friend. He had just seen Carlin at some Indian reservation in SoCal. He paid upwards of $200 a ticket. Like me, my friend was also a big fan.

He said Carlin came onstage and said, "Hope nobody here is expecting an actual show. I'm just going to work on some new material."

He then did a 40 minute non-funny set; with no classic material.

My friend said he stopped being a Carlin fan than day. Every time I see his name come up I think of that story.

Didn't fall as far as Cosby, but I lost a lot of respect for him.

so you dont know what a hypocrite is either

So just not being poor is now called "American style". My sides, fag...

thats how comedians work

the fact he was still doing new material in the late 90s is impressive

butthurt autistics who have no clue what they're talking about

>paying to see a comedian repeat his classic material live
that's how comedians work. they test and debut their new shit on tour. they don't rehash material due to it being classic, the joke is lost when everyone has heard it before.

Cock sucking faggot who thinks by listening to a shit tier comedian that he has all of the answers.

Carlin not funny?
That is the dumbest statement I've ever read on Sup Forums...
On Sup Forums!
Why don't you let that sink in kiddo then go back to cutting yourself for attention.

"I don't like words that hide the truth. I don't words that conceal reality. I don't like euphemisms, or euphemistic language. And American English is loaded with euphemisms. Cause Americans have a lot of trouble dealing with reality. Americans have trouble facing the truth, so they invent the kind of a soft language to protest themselves from it, and it gets worse with every generation. For some reason, it just keeps getting worse. I'll give you an example of that. There's a condition in combat. Most people know about it. It's when a fighting person's nervous system has been stressed to it's absolute peak and maximum. Can't take anymore input. The nervous system has either (click) snapped or is about to snap. In the first world war, that condition was called shell shock. Simple, honest, direct language. Two syllables, shell shock. Almost sounds like the guns themselves. That was seventy years ago." continued...

So you were molested with a Carlin record on in the background?

"I don't like words that hide the truth. I don't words that conceal reality. I don't like euphemisms, or euphemistic language. And American English is loaded with euphemisms. Cause Americans have a lot of trouble dealing with reality. Americans have trouble facing the truth, so they invent the kind of a soft language to protest themselves from it, and it gets worse with every generation. For some reason, it just keeps getting worse. I'll give you an example of that. There's a condition in combat. Most people know about it. It's when a fighting person's nervous system has been stressed to it's absolute peak and maximum. Can't take anymore input. The nervous system has either (click) snapped or is about to snap. In the first world war, that condition was called shell shock. Simple, honest, direct language. Two syllables, shell shock. Almost sounds like the guns themselves. That was seventy years ago." continued...

But, it didn't happen, and one of the reasons. One of the reasons is because we were using that soft language. That language that takes the life out of life. And it is a function of time. It does keep getting worse. I'll give you another example. Sometime during my life. Sometime during my life, toilet paper became bathroom tissue. I wasn't notified of this. No one asked me if I agreed with it. It just happened. Toilet paper became bathroom tissue. Sneakers became running shoes. False teeth became dental appliances. Medicine became medication. Information became directory assistance. The dump became the landfill. Car crashes became automobile accidents. Partly cloudy bacame partly sunny. Motels became motor lodges. House trailers became mobile homes. Used cars became previously owned transportation. Room service became guest-room dining. And constipation became occasional irregularity. When I was a little kid, if I got sick they wanted me to go to the hospital and see a doctor. Now they want me to go to a health maintenance organization...or a wellness center to consult a healthcare delivery professional. Poor people used to live in slums. Now the economically disadvantaged occupy substandard housing in the inner cities. And they're broke! They're broke! They don't have a negative cash-flow position. They're fucking broke! Cause a lot of them were fired. You know, fired. management wanted to curtail redundancies in the human resources area, so many people are no longer viable members of the workforce.

Sorry, this was supposed to be the second one:
"Then a whole generation went by and the second world war came along and very same combat condition was called battle fatigue. Four syllables now. Takes a little longer to say. Doesn't seem to hurt as much. Fatigue is a nicer word than shock. Shell shock! Battle fatigue. Then we had the war in Korea, 1950. Madison avenue was riding high by that time, and the very same combat condition was called operational exhaustion. Hey, were up to eight syllables now! And the humanity has been squeezed completely out of the phrase. It's totally sterile now. Operational exhaustion. Sounds like something that might happen to your car. Then of course, came the war in Viet Nam, which has only been over for about sixteen or seventeen years, and thanks to the lies and deceits surrounding that war, I guess it's no surprise that the very same condition was called post-traumatic stress disorder. Still eight syllables, but we've added a hyphen! And the pain is completely buried under jargon. Post-traumatic stress disorder. I'll bet you if we'd of still been calling it shell shock, some of those Viet Nam veterans might have gotten the attention they needed at the time."