How can anyone defend this format where finishing third can see you progress to the knock out rounds?

How can anyone defend this format where finishing third can see you progress to the knock out rounds?

Fuck you UEFA.

Just look at the fucking emotions!
That justifies everything!

I gotta admit this euro is alot better than the last one which felt so sterile. Seeing all the big nations get mad that they have to face each other is great fun

It's fucking awful.

>teams being rewarded for defensive football
>teams without wins qualifying for the round of 16
>36 games to eliminate just 8 teams

They need to fix this bullshit for Euro 2020. If they're insisting on 24 teams then it must be 4 groups of 6 teams, with the top 2 of each group qualifying.

>Seeing all the big nations get mad that they have to face each other is great fun
But that happened in the last tournament, it happened in the fucking groups.

>4 groups of 6 teams, with the top 2 of each group qualifying.

Even more dead games

This.

It's fucking awful.

>I gotta admit this euro is alot better than the last one
Yeah, no.

>this euro is alot better than the last one

Idiot.

>I gotta admit this euro is alot better than the last one which felt so sterile.
God damn, pakis

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Or how about just returning to 16 teams?

Or 6 groups of 4 with 2 advancing, followed by 4 groups of 3 with 1 advancing

>followed by 4 groups of 3 with 1 advancing
This wouldn't work and it affords certain teams an unfair advantage.

Just have 6 groups of 4 and only the winner of the group + 2 best 2nd teams advance

The Euros used to be great. The group stages especially IMO were unrivalled for quality and excitement in international tournaments.

The current format negates the basic principles of football.

It sells more and UEFA officials get more bribe monies
its simple

this

No, it's shit. Who decides which teams play the 2 runners up?

Your face is shit.

Are you familiar to the concept of tournament football

Doesn't answer the question

Really tired of your shit.

the two teams with the most points will then; GD, then goals, you know the drill

Gee I wonder which part of the UK you're from

>i have severe autism - the thread

You faggots are the worst, the tournament isnt even close to over yet. Implying there werent boring matches at the other Euros where teams played for draws. Its just a longer process, judge it when its over

The fact is, this group stage has been universally considered the worst there's ever been in any Euros. UEFA fucked with the format and provided a way for teams to qualify by finishing third in a group of four, in doing so removed part of the quality that made the previous Euros a great watch.