There is literally nothing wrong with brickwall limiting/heavy compression/the loudness wars

There is literally nothing wrong with brickwall limiting/heavy compression/the loudness wars.

depends on the song/genre

/thread

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is The Loudness Wars Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Turn Down The Volume Like Nigga Close Your Ears Haha

You can't just turn it down idiot. There's atrocious clipping that completely ruins any sense of realism in the upper mids/treble. It's so horriblly distorted not even turning it down improves any fidelity

get better ears faggots

what song is this?

it sounds like shit

see pic related for example

Fuck I am dying that someone took this seriously

he was memeing you faggot

I listened to an original copy of REM's Fables of the Reconstruction the other day after only hearing the remastered version for years. The difference was night and day. The original is a bit more muddy for sure, but with the dynamics intact and all the instruments given their own space in the mix at different volumes, it has a much more organic/natural sound.

Anybody know what I'm talking about.

Why don't you kill yourelf you fucking faggot piece of shit?

>fuck audiophiles, we want the car drivers audience

i prefer compansion

It's a meme you fucking m*ron

fpbp

Literally every answer to any audio question.

kek

yes, that's literally what compression does, messes with the dynamic range of a signal.

Intentional clipping is cool when used tactfully.

>You can't just turn it down idiot
Yes you can. Literally turn down the volume on your player. It's that easy
>There's atrocious clipping
Brickwalling =/= clipping

That´s the thing. You don´t need to compress that much and making it sound like shit because you can just adjuste the volume and turn it up. Nice shitpost doug

>only I say how artists should make their art!

Julian fuck face got his hands on this band and even as a "funk/pop" album for the growlers just fuck what did they at least do to his vocals? it sounded like it was recorded on a fucking walkie talkie he already has a gravel mouth voice why would you purposely try to make it sound worse and this isn't even about the songs themselves just the whole album's vocals sounds like dogshit.

>producers
>artists

no this is like if the gallery owner decided "hmm I will hang this painting upside down, it looks cooler, fuck the artist"

>artists don't work with producers at all
lol

i love harsh music a lot, it's a shame that the human ear isn't made for listening to it for large amounts

i also love staring at the sun and also regret that the human eye isn't meant for staring at it for large amounts either

Yeah but holy shit, it sounds like I'm right in the room rather than having all the instruments equal volume and harsh sounding like they're being funnelled down a tube into my eardrum

wrong

I think if it stopped where it was in the early nineties then it would be perfectly fine. Theres still room for dynamic range and the clipping is barely present. Nowadays i think everyones so adjusted to compressed audio that it goes unnoticed, but its a shame that you cant release something mastered quietly and expect it to catch on

eh

Why?

what's the point really

>realism
What do you mean?

no
just shut the fuck up you retarded faggot
you're a moron
rem fucking blow anyway

bp is literally the most brickwalled dg album

that's not even remotely true and all you have to do to confirm it is open a track from money store or powers that b in audacity

go to bed Rick Rubin

No Love Deep Web or The Powers That B are way more brickwalled.

I love how the OPs pic explains what would be happening and everyone ignores it

dont master and mix that its not impactful at all

but dont lose all dynamics

have a middle ground

see 1991