If Oasis were a one hit wonder, how come 2...

If Oasis were a one hit wonder, how come 2.5 million people tried to get tickets to their concert at Knebworth House in 1996?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RzK7snACyAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because normies love one hit wonders, especially in England since so little music comes out of that filthy country, so they have to go insane for any band they can.

who thinks their a one hit wonder?

they are a hits band for sure, but not a one hit wonder.

they got a hand full of songs that everyone LOVES then the rest of the albums no one gives ashit about

Don't look back in anger
wonderwall
morning glory
songbird

everyone wants to go see them play those songs.

Yes, but Oasis had twenty six Top 40 hits in the UK.

it's a meme

people can't accept oasis were one of the best bands of the 90s for some reason

Yeah, but they were all literally the same song.

Should've called it Knebworthless House

YOU KNOW WHAT SOME MIGHT SAY
MIGHT SAY
MIGHT SAY
YOU KNOW WHAT SOME MIGHT SAY
MIGHT SAY
MIGHT SAY
SOME MIGHT SAAAAAYYYYY
SOME MIGHT SAAAAAYYYYY

If you don't enjoy Oasis I pity you. Enjoy your Kid A and increased risk of suicide, you fucking faggot.

t. American who has only heard one Oasis song
If you think Cigarettes and Alcohol sounds like Wonderwall, you need to get your ears checked.

I DON'T FEEL AS IF I KNOW YOU
YOU TAKE UP ALL MY TI-YIME

>Cigarettes and Alcohol
It actually sounds like this

They have luke 10 legit hits

Yes, everybody knows that. Still, that sort of disproves your "all the same song" statement, doesn't it?

Because they all wanted to hear that one song.

Yes, Oasis had like 20 whatever fucking songs on the UK Top 40, but, honestly, how many songs are the general public (ie. not just middle aged diehard Oasis fans) actually familiar with today?

>Wonderwall

Are you sure? Oasis had two number one hits at that point and neither were Wonderwall.

I'm gonna say:

Roll With It
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back In Anger
She's Electric
Morning Glory
Champagne Supernova
Half the World Away
Stand By Me
All Around the World
Stop Crying Your Heart Out
Lyla
The Importance of Being Idle

Name a 90s or later rock band with more normie-recognised songs

Bullshit

Its funny how the British are always pissed off that Oasis never made an impact in America. It's like a kid being like "look at my cool new toy" but his friends are like " that toy sucks" and he thinks that his friends are wrong.

>Oasis never made an impact in America
>Live Forever, Wonderwall, Champagne Superonova, Don't Look Back in Anger, D'You Know What I Mean, and Don't Go Away, all went Top 40 in the US.
>All the aforementioned songs as well as "Supersonic", "Morning Glory", "All Around The World", "Acquiesce", "Rock n Roll Star" and "Go Let it Out" charted mostly in the Top 40, if not Top 20 for Alternative/Modern Rock radio station airplay as well between 1994 and 2000 (as did later singles "Lyla" and "The Shock of the Lightning")
>Oasis were playing arenas at the height of their fame in the US and managed to play Madison Square Garden in 2005
>three Top 5 albums in America
>Definitely Maybe and Be Here Now went platinum, What's the Story went 4x Platinum, ~8 million total album sales in the US

I only know 2 of these songs, and almost everyone I know has only heard of Wonderwall

>ONE
>HIT
>WONDER(WALL)

Are you american?

European

That doesn't mean anything

That never happened

youtube.com/watch?v=RzK7snACyAQ

That doesn't mean anything. Every band has that one song that is the most popular one. Bands like O-zone were true one hit wonders.

> not wanting to be in a stadium filled with Argentine QTs listening to Liam screaming Morning Glory while wearing a parka on a hot summer's night

Live Forever
Wonderwall
Don't Look back in Anger
Champagne Supernover

Also maybe Don't Go Away.

This thread is now for discussion of underrated Oasis songs

YOU SEE ME, I GOT MY MAGIC PIE

you just proved his point montie

The point being what exactly?

stop posting nonsense, you idiot

I always thought they were desperately over-rated shit back then, and I certainly do now.

I'll punch your fedora right off your head, Thom

Oasis is dogshit despite they being one hit wonder or not

Red Hot Child Peepers

They sound boring and generic as fuck.
They are nirvana level of overrated.

Add Whatever, Live Forever, maybe Some Might Say

stop making these threads for god's sake

They didn't and that picture sure as hell isn't from an Oasis concert

Because Oasis are fucking great.

#MADFERIT

Magic Pie is great.

Be Here Now (the song) is essential MADFERIT core though

Because they had one hit that a whole lot of people in their home country wanted to see them perform, at least once.

>they had one hit that a whole lot of people in their home country wanted to see them perform
THEY LITERALLY HAD TWO NUMBER ONE SINGLES BY THAT POINT NEITHER OF WHICH WERE WONDERWALL

shut up faggot

SHEEEES ELECTRIIIC

>that pic

it's unbelievable so much people are wearing red