Need help expanding my boring, entry level taste. Anything else you guys can suggest based on my favourite albums here...

Need help expanding my boring, entry level taste. Anything else you guys can suggest based on my favourite albums here? I've listened to a lot of the Sup Forumscore and it's not my bag. Anything closer to these albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

angrymetalguy.com/
rateyourmusic.com/list/RNG/surreal_and_unusual_extreme_metal/
metal-archives.com/board/viewforum.php?f=11
metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38278&p=2676300#p2676300
metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49715
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you got great taste, dont worry about it

its called find it yourself you fucking moron
thats how you get good taste

You've never relied on a publication or the recommendation of a friend or marketing or been persuaded in any way at all? Not ever?

Really?

Be honest, user

do you like simon and garfunkel?
the doors?
janis joplin?

you might like rush genesis and heart

Not really? I like Karen Dalton and Linda Perhacs, if that helps.

no

Okay. I don't believe you.

Already pretty patrician tbqh.

Thanks, man. Never heard of it. Will look it up.

also check out Sarpanitum if you like it

I heard Blessed Are My Brothers and it was okay. Was that a primo example of the group?

It's a side project. The Mithras album is a bit more ambitious and Morbid Angel-y.

Also, this site is good for finding new metal releases: angrymetalguy.com/

I shill it whenever I can haha, I use it a lot.

I actually don't know many of the metal resources if only because I fucking detest metalheads and want nothing to do with them.

Haha yeah metalheads can be antisocial, underachieving douchebags often times. I generally try to avoid making friends with them outside of the metalheads at my university desu.

>antisocial, underachieving
That's the least of their problems. Heck, I'm both of those things. I just hate the elitism and the intolerance for other genres. I only ever hear metalheads bring up Justin Bieber and only so they can circlejerk how superior they are for "dodging that bullet"

Also I hate the notion that musicianship should be the only coveted trait in music. A lot of ultra technical death metal sounds like garbage.

Tbh I think most of the Justin Bieber-hating types are more of the MetalInjection poseur type of metalheads. The more underground metalheads like you'd find on the Metal Archives forum still shit on a lot of popular music, but they also openly admit if they like non-metal bands, and they're not nearly as autistic about their hatred for pop.

I might check it out then. The whole "real musicians" thing is still just a little intolerable for me, though.

Also I resent that they seem to think I'm not allowed to like metal if I don't fully immerse myself in the "lifestyle"

Haha a decent number of the regulars on the Metal-Archives don't look metal at all. Also, the more mature type of metalheads I think realize the cognitive dissonance of worshipping "musicianship" while at the same time listening to bands like Obituary and Archgoat.

Also, some of the people with a small number of posts on the MA forums can be annoying, but the mods and people with post counts in the 1000s are usually cool.

Alright, I'll check it out. Thanks.

No problem dude.

Any other reccs for me?

This guy called RNG aka dmshareguy put together a comprehensive list of interesting death metal:
rateyourmusic.com/list/RNG/surreal_and_unusual_extreme_metal/

Also, Metallum has a Recommendation board:
metal-archives.com/board/viewforum.php?f=11

This is the thread for death metal: metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38278&p=2676300#p2676300

but make sure to read the rules first, because they can be pretty strict about them: metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49715

I hope you don't mind that I'm shilling Metallum so much haha, I just think it's a good forum.

>entry level taste
>posts a bunch of obscure shit

We are humbled in your presence, Patrician master

literally this

stop being such an attention seeking whore, nobody gives a shit what you listen to
enjoy music for what it is, not the 'status' that comes with it

NBBMN tourists please leave this thread too and never set foot in another metal thread again kthx

I have no idea what NBBMN is and metal is for greasy virings who say 'kthx'

But I wanted to participate in black metal November next year

Both of Katalepsy's albums are good brutal death metal. Love their fucking vocalist. The new one has some tech leaning that you might dig based on demilich and ulcerate

>sergio mendes
>obscure
He's got a cult following in South America. They follow him around like a cult.

He can't even walk down the street.

>literally

I would get into Georges Brassens.

Also, you might like some Peruvian stuff like El Polen.

I fucking despise people who think that liking popular stuff makes their taste boring. Like just complete disgust. If you think this way, you are boring. You're incapable of appreciating subtlety and refined tastes and think if it's surface level it doesn't reflect your taste or personality.

Anyway, you sure are a pretentious and insecure faggot and I suggest you an hero. Your choices for these artists are such tasteless shit anyway, especially that bottom row

Some more mainstream stuff too like Jacques Dutronc, Serge Gainsbourg (if you haven't heard anything already), more Milton Nascimiento stuff if you haven't already.

BTW I just heard that Ulcerate album for the first time today and it's the tits.

Lurker of Chalice-Lurker of Chalice