Literally all the songs are filler except for Sister Ray and maybe the title track

>literally all the songs are filler except for Sister Ray and maybe the title track
Why the fuck is this so overrated?

How can one person be so wrong.
Listen again until you get it.

Explain to me how the other songs are not filler then, they all sound uninspired and unnecessary when you could just release Sister Ray on its own. Compare it to TVU&N or TVU where pretty much all the songs are consistently good.

How many times have you listened to it?
I think all the songs are good. Especially the gift and lady Godiva's operation. Sister Ray obviously pushed boundaries of rock music but the others, to me at least, are more gripping.

Sister Ray is the only filler on the album. To call masterpieces like the Gift and Lady Godiva's Operation...you're an idiot, an underage idiot who can't wrap his mind around the crux of the album. Go ba ck to reddit.

The only bad song is the gift.

>The Gift and Lady Godiva
>masterpieces
>one is literally just a story of some guy getting cucked with random guitar playing in the background
>the other one is an OK song ruined the moment Lou Reed opens his mouth

If you think the Lou Reed parts aren't the best of the song you don't get the velvet underground

>Explain to me how the other songs are not filler then
Because the band did not have a lack of songs to fill an album, and consciously wrote songs at the last minute to pad it out.

If anything Sister Ray could be the filler (but probably wasn't)
>you could just release Sister Ray on its own.
You couldn't since it was too long for a single.
>Compare it to TVU&N or TVU where pretty much all the songs are consistently good.
Yep, just like WLWH

>somehow The Murder Mystery is OK

I don't mind Lou Reed on the other albums but he's insufferable in this one. The singing in Here She Comes Now makes me want to rip my ears off.
>OOOoooOoooOHhhhh it looks so gOoooOoOd

Have you ever made a girl cum?

I made your mom cum last night

Not really. You just don't understand what the song is about.

Oh thank god, I actually thought you were serious up in the OP. 9/10 bait I actually got a bit frustrated at first

the experiments are at worst compelling. If they are "filler" it's the best kind of filler because the aid the flow of the album.

Here's how to understand this album. It's 4 fragmentary leitmotifs (musical and literary) that culminate and resolve themselves in Sister Ray and Here She Comes is the calm before the storm.

>It's 4 fragmentary leitmotifs
What are they?

Underage fag please leave. Go to r/music instead you'll fit in.

I only listen to The Gift with the vocals taken out

Thanks for reading

The only bad song in that album is the gift.
>filler
Shit taste desu

Wrong album. That's on TVU

not that guy, but it's pretty clear - bluesy rock, noise rock, spoken word, just noise (also with the sort of dark eroticism of lady godiva's operation)

Same here.

The Gift is a piece of shit and a failed experiment.

have you ever listened to an album before?

>Compare it to TVU&N or TVU where pretty much all the songs are consistently good.

That's not a leitmotif

The Gift is one of the best TVU tracks tho.

>no love for i heard her call my name