Any network fags here?

Any network fags here?
My problem is that I went from a very fast connection for over a year to dogshit connection the past 2 weeks.
I've tried power cycling, reset button, and contacting my isp just for them to tell me they don't know what the fuck is wrong.
I've tried shit like netsh winsock reset catalog flushing dns and even using different computers but the problem is still there.
Solutions?

What does speedtest.net say? Screenshot that shit

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

The word thing is speedtest shows normal shit I don't understand it. I can't hold a skype call without it constantly disconnecting, and in 4 different games the lowest ping servers are 150+

You must work for my isp

Same here b0ss was getting 250+ now only tops out at 150

yo dude you know where to get dabs in 713?

Then it's an issue with your pc. Are you running Wi-Fi? Run ipconfig in a command prompt...then ping the gateway IP address adding -t to the end...if you see high MS or dropped packets then you're Wi-Fi is on a congested channel.

speedtest checks against a local server, skype will be connecting to more remote options.

Odds are it's a routing issue on the carrier side. You could dick around with alternate routes yourself but your carrier fixing it is the best option.

traceroute a bunch of problem sites/servers, find the specific hops that are fucked, then go to your isp with that.

Wouldn't know Sup Forumsro moved to Houston 3 weeks ago

Like I said I tried many different computers and my phone/ipad

Your ISP is fucking you and they're too lazy/uninterested to fix it because if it keeps up they can try to sell you a more expensive package.

Keep bugging them until it becomes less of a hassle for them to fix it than to keep dealing with you. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

You can tell if it's you or the by checking the SNR and attenuation on the router, assuming your router has that information. If not, ask your ISP what the figures are.
If within normal parameters, it's your side.
If not, it's them.
You can also ask them to turn the gain up on the line, but again, that won't fix much if it's your side.

op here

Doesn't prove anything, of course you'll get a good crack to the router. Ping 8.8.8.8 instead.
Then do a ping to the CIA or BBC, both have excellent servers.

Yep then you're good on your end...ISP is just being faggots. Line attenuation or routing issue confirmed.

Doesn't prove shit, shut the fuck up faggot

seems solid.

anything other than skype not working? you need a traceroute but 'tracert skype.com' will not be useful.

I can get some. 60-80 a G depending on quality.

Ethernet not wifi

It proves that his Wi-Fi isn't dropping signal. I live in a high density area with 30-40 2.4ghz SSIDs, not to include the hidden ones. My signal was strong but my packets were being dropped and got high reply times because everyone and their fucking mother had Wi-Fi.

Dat ass.

This OP

They were doing the exact thing to me a while ago I was paying $90 a month for it to be 150mps but always got 15 max

They argued that everything was fine on their end and they didn't know what was wrong

I threatened to cancel the service and surprise surprise they all of a sudden found the problem and wanted to fix it

Called channel saturation twat.

Are you on Cable modem?
I used to be cable tech. I also know other random shit that might help.

Theres your problem. You should about 20ms constant to the google dns.
So it's router, or beyond.
Try and change router, or do a factory rest at least

Shut up bellend. He's a private household, not a fucking corporating wringing it's line.
Dickhead.

I'm unsure what you mean by cable modem
I have cable and phone

ping is too high. should be 7 or so, 12 max

You can still have it at home faggot. If every one of your neighbors was on channel 1 it would slow your shit down. Fuck off fag.

idk what any of this means here you go

Yeah, in 1996 without auto channel selection. You show me a modern router without that and show you pics of me teabagging your mom

It's irrelevant now. The problem is the router, line or ISP.
Send screenshot of 8.8.8.8 to ISP and ask then to check the SNR and Att. If it's good, get a new router.

Grants dipshit ur hacked now

you're getting 150ms worth of lag at the first hop. If you're on cable that means that the loop bandwidth might be saturated (either you or somebody on the same loop downloading a shittonne) or the ISP hasn't provided enough backhaul.

Getting good speedtest results could be a result of the ISP prioritising speedtest traffic because it makes them look good.

It's on your isp's end man. Just call and hassle them. Don't get off the phone until you see results.

I will try :)

are you wired or wireless

if you're wireless, maybe try changing the channel your connect on under your router your non overlapping channels are 1,3,11 for b, 1,5,9,13 for g/n, and 3, 11 for n with 40mhz range ... so if you're connected on channel 9 for g/n and so are alot of people in your area on the same channel close distance, you can change it to a different channel and maybe get some better speeds

regardless make sure you don't have any bandwidth hogs running in the background

can you do a tracert 8.8.8.8 please

> some fag asks for ping, OP pings 192.168.*.

lol.

Unless he has something DMZ'd or port forwarded...I'm sure he's fine.

lol, now the faggots here know your IP.

Have fun being hacked.

hahahahahha xdxdxdxdxdxdxdxd
Funny.

it looks like your hopping through 3 routers on your lan before you go out to the wan why is this are you in an apartment building

>what is dynamic IP addressing

he's clearly being NATed by the ISP anyway faggot, what are you going to do?

Wired connection.
Here's the tracert 8.8.8.8

Op, just renew your ip. If you use dhcp you can renew your lease through command prompt. It will give you a new ip. It won't effect your connectivity.

see

I live in a house not apartment

It's AT&T, their internal WAN routing has always been dicked up.

I don't have at&t ??????

why doesn't he do a factory reset maybe it'll reset the routing tables or ask for a new router

Are you in Georgia?

yes

It's almost always the DSLAM
Ask your ISP to put you in a different DSLAM and give them a heads up that it might be dying.
Happens all the time.

the 10.x.x.x is your modem

bypass your router.. just plug the computer straight into the modem (will need to reboot the modem too) then do the tracert again and post results.

this can tell us if you just have a shitty router, or if it's really the isp

You're being routed through AT&T. Check your traceroute replies for Skype.

it is plugged right in what the fuck do you mean

Holy crap, so many idiots that think they know even the slighest thing about what they're talking about.
I haven't cringed this hard in ages. This is why you don't go to Sup Forums for support.

This. It's 99% surely the DSLAM. Call your ISP. Yell at them to plug you into a different one.

Way to ruin it dick..

>what is cable modem

2/10 bait, try again tomorrow

Op here I'll try that in the morning isp support is asleep

best i can do with paint.. your setup is something like this.. remove the router from the setup

Norwegian ISP Telenor conversation :
"Hello, how can I help you?"
"Internet is extremely slow and unstable. Most likely the DSLAM. Plug me into a different one."
"Have you tried ..."
"Yes, I've reset everything, I've checked everything, I've traced and pinged to kingdom comes. It's the DSLAM."
"Maybe the router ..."
"It's never the router. Whenever you say it's the router, you send people a new router, when that fails, you plug them into a different DSLAM and it works. I used to be on callout for you."
"But if you..."
"Just order the fucking job."
"No, because it's not on our end."
"Yes, it is, and I will make sure to give very interesting review on this conversation after the job is done."
"OK, I'll order the change, but you will have to pay for it when it fails."
"It won't fail."
"DSLAM's can't be broken."

but he has cable not dsl

I just want you to know that this masterpiece is now my background, sincerely -not op

I have saved this image for future use

Let me explain the setup they gave me
When I changed isp I went from modem and router to 2 in 1
>Pic related

Not sure if trolling or not, but still made me rage and cringe at the same time ...

ADSLAM(Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer) is a network device, usually at a telephone company central office, that receives signals from multiple customer Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) connections and puts the signals on a high-speed backbone line using multiplexing techniques.

So he's not entirely wrong..

browse to 192.168.100.1
login to setup (admin / password ) or something similar- google it

find NAT option and disable it.

you now have bypassed the router portion of your wifi/modem combo

Now here's the issue with that
Everytime I want to login to my router I have to get a temp password from support team because everytime I try to change the password it doesnt fucking save
Ill try in the morning ty

Change the DSLAM? Shit you guys are stupid as fuck.

there's always one faggot that feels compelled to reply to every post

pkys

Why the fuck would you disable NAT? High I have a packet with a layer 2 header can you find out who it belongs to by mapping it to the layer 3 address? No? Oh you're a special kind of stupid for disabling NAT, gotcha!

Are you plugged directly into the router or is there other networking gear in between. If not direct, redo tests with a direct connect. If direct, problem is router. Since you've already power cycled you could try updating the router's firmware. If that doesn't fix it get a new router from your internet company.

Should I try swapping all the cords with new ones? I have unused cords for all parts

Bump

What is your IP address and what make/model of router do you have?

How about no

No. Cords don't suddenly go bad.

this may sound fucking gay, but my parents, in a city with google fiber as competition got free upgrade to 125 mps. im stuck with fuckin 18 or something

ok just wondering

Yeah don't do it...retard wants to see if WAN management is enabled and then he can lookup the routers factory admin password....through all the shit posting, you really don't wanna do this.

Their e-penis is bigger than yours. Be jelly. Be fucking marmalade.

I'd just have a look at his settings to see if anything is broken. Lord knows it sounds like he is helpless.

Seconded. You're getting good signal to your box but not after the demarc...anything beyond that the ISP has to fix on their own dollar.

Lol

thirded

needs to kill his bridge mode, but reading the thread, he doesnt know his router password

They refuse to give me a permanent one

I feel like none of you really want to help OP

All he needs to do is get a new router from his ISP

I hope it's that simple :/

Sounds like it's a problem with your computer, also don't use wireless with your computer. There can be interference with the packets being sent/recieving from your wireless. Also, if you have to use wireless, don't.

this

Nice trips

DSLAM is for DSL backbones...we've already debunked that as a shit post.