Does the emo/post hardcore game get any better than this? Also thoughts on this...

Does the emo/post hardcore game get any better than this? Also thoughts on this, I'd love to hear how I should better myself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ymH15INg74
youtube.com/watch?v=Pm_4IoHQfa0
youtube.com/watch?v=chA5gGOfjMg
youtube.com/watch?v=lpFqeBLvcnI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

taking back sunday is better

nice meme, can you pls help gracious user

i dont understand

POST HARDCORE ISNT EMO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Fall of Troy, Dance Gavin Dance with Jonny.

I'm sorry I never did fit in emoe and never had a grasp on genres so please forgive

I thought that was the meme, started with JEW and everyone would reply Taking Back Sunday was better

I'll check out these Jonny guys thanks user u the best

I thought I'm the only one who still listens to this band, thanks op.

Leaf here so in jr high them and Billy Talent were ingrained into me, I gotta love em

alexisonfire is shit listen to silverstein

Alright will honestly give your rude rec a go, thnx

>silverstein

lmao Silverstein was for faggy scene kids too pussy to listen to anything heavier than alexisonfire.

It only ever went two ways, you either started listening to metal, grindcore, black metal etc or you listened to gay scene kid shit like Silverstein

Best emo: I hate myself
Best post hardcore: at the drive in/mars volta

Almost no post-hardcore past 2000 is worth listening to

Drive Like Jehu and Fugazi the best post-hardcore bands IMO

youtube.com/watch?v=2ymH15INg74

Crisis is the better record

Also Sunny Day Real Estate, Jawbox, Jawbreaker, American Football, etc.

There are like 20 bands I'd listen to first than Alexisonfire.

Why are we even pretending like Brand New isn't the best emo band of all time

>I let Sup Forums decide my opinions for me

If you're going for that early 00s post-hardcore/screamo shit they were doing in North Carolina, I don't think anyone did it better than Beloved.

Def proto Underoath

youtube.com/watch?v=Pm_4IoHQfa0

> DGD with jonny
> not with kurt
pleb opinion

These threads always devolve into a bunch of 17 yr olds looking up RYM lists of best emo and yelling "WHY WOULD ANYONE LISTEN TO ALEXISONFIRE WHEN THEY CAN LISTEN TO ____" and list of a bunch of unrelated bands.

You're not impressing anyone, stop circlejerking. Go line up outside Mark Trombino's donut shop and chuckle about how you get the namesakes of the donuts.

Hopesfall - No Wings To Speak Of (EP)

youtube.com/watch?v=chA5gGOfjMg

can second this. DTBM is bretty gud, but the self titled (death star) is by far my favorite dgd album. If we're on the subject of Kurt, i would definitely rec A Lot Like Birds

Have you listened to The Used? I would check out pic related to see if you like it or not

Babys first post-hardcore bands

Love the used, self titled is a solid 9/10 and pic related is 10/10.

Just automatically assumed they would get trashed if I ever posted them here.

This reminded me of Emery. Can't say i ever listened to them, but not bad

Fuck that noise man, the Used is my shit. The first two albums were indeed solid albums. I wasn't really feeling much of the albums after these two desu. There are a few songs off the later albums, but these two are their best imo

Yeah lies for lairs was pretty average but artwork was good.

Still better than alexisonfire

I've never heard Alexisonfire but when it comes to emo Orchid is my go to band

>babys first
>aka the classics
>aka the best

Don't listen to this dumbshit OP.

Check out Glassjaw, they're the GOAT early 00's post-hardcore band

I bet you'd like this album.

What is protest the hero

you're delusional if you think 2000s post-hardcore was better than 80s and 90s post-hardcore

Jonny=john lennon
Kurt=brian wilson
The band is still great even with tilian, who i guess is mick jagger or some shit.
Op should listen to thrice, circa, saosin and pianos become the teeth btw

No you're just being a sperg. Name one enjoyable 90's post-hardcore band that isn't Fugazi or Unwound.

Nation of Ulysses
Refused
The Jesus Lizard
Quicksand
Helmet

it might as well be

it gained a much more melodic edge in that time which makes me like it more than >muhnwound's pseduo-experimentalism

Orchid is amazing

post hardcore isnt emo but yes both genres get much better than that

anyone ever listen to mohinder? i was trying to download mars volta shit when i was 14 and one of the songs was mislabeled and i've loved them ever since. sick band.

my best friend rufus loves mohinder

i'm not rufus! i thought static cult was the best mars volta song for like a year and a half until i decided to google it. i miss 2005.

youtube.com/watch?v=lpFqeBLvcnI

one of the best post hardcore albums pic very fucking related . Also it doesnt get any better than At the Drive In and Sunny

Drive Like Jehu
At the Drive-In
Refused
Jawbox

I don't think you understand the point of post-hardcore. If you want a much more melodic edge then go listen to pop punk