Explain to me why Godspeed You! Black Emperor is not the best post-rock band. And don't tell me

Explain to me why Godspeed You! Black Emperor is not the best post-rock band. And don't tell me

>dur hur, le slint created spiderland! XD

Slint haven't made 6 fantastic projects consistently. Even Spiderland isn't that good as everyone says it is. You could make an argument with Swans, but I still think Godspeed is better in my opinion.

no one is saying it isnt

A Silver Mt Zion is the best post rock band. While I absolutely love GY!BE, they don't experiment with their sound nearly as much as ASMZ or release as much unique albums. Also, He Has Left Us is one of the greatest albums of all time and the best Post Rock album.

man Spiderland is cash, fuck you

Because GYBE is the bad kind of post-rock.

but
dur hur, le slint created spiderland! XD

In your point of view

Sigur Ros > GY!BE

ASMZ is Jewish propaganda

this

This is cuz And so I watch you from afar is a band and the album gangs exists with an amazing fusion of post/math rock

fucking queer off yourself

what

this is an acceptable opinion I think, I just don't really like Sigur Ros personally

Sigur Ros is more consistent than Godspeed. Nothing after LYSF is that great.

>implying Yanqui and 'Allelujah aren't great
And Asunder is almost as good

How do I appreciate post-rock?

Then GY!BE has only released 6 fantastic projects consistently in your point of view

Don't. And be glad not to. It's vapid and pretentious; a really terrible combination

Post-rock is a rock band pretending to be an orchestra

Listen to some first wave before you make such judgments

because Mogwai exists

Start with Spirit of Eden by Talk Talk.

trips of truth

Godspeed is the best post-rock band, after hearing them, I have never encountered a band/album that came close. IMO the top post-rock albums of all time are GY!BE discography.

Godspeed just doesn't have the same weight that Swans has. LYSFLATH and TBK are two of my favourite albums of all time but just because Godspeed's work is dense enough to have an impact without lyrics, lyrics still contribute a lot to music and especially in post-rock.

BAHAHAHA

Yeah can't get into it. It's literally just noise and samples. The notoriety they get from this definately outweighs the little amount of work that went into this. Dumb album. Unless I'm kissing something?

There's no post rock in this at all? There's barely even a song. It's just noises and recordings.

Yeah mogwai are fucking sweet. A couple of average albums, but when they fire on all cylinders, epic.

Young Team is 10/10, everything else is absolute trash.

That's literally all music. Noises and recordings.

>Not understanding that classical music is primarily a written tradition

Post-rock babies still have a long way to go

post-rock is gay unless you're name is june of 44

Spiderland is alone is better than anything Godspeed have ever done. Regardless of who did what first.
KEK Anything>sigour row they suck dick

Boring. Every song is a 20 min crescendo. Once you've heard one album you've heard em all. Meme band that college kids are into to seem smart

>implying that a written score isn't merely a written representation of noises.
>implying that some ink on paper is music, and isn't just a convenient way to notate music in a pre-recording age.

You arn't kissing anything you stupid virgin

Completely agreed.

Tweez > Slint EP > Spiderland.

Could you be anymore of a contrarian?

Untitled > Bonus Tracks > Tweez > Slint EP > Spiderland