I'm slowly starting to accept that the Shark are going to starve, unable to sink their teeth into the Penguins

I'm slowly starting to accept that the Shark are going to starve, unable to sink their teeth into the Penguins

Oh well, great season anyhow. Matt Murray and the Penguins are having a much better series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JxFS2JAyleo
youtube.com/watch?v=jFzNKvddaXs
youtube.com/watch?v=8DIFeOkD_dc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Damned shame if Thornton can't finally get his Cup after all these years. But fuck, man, watching Kessel light it up is glorious.

Also Con Smyth level Phil the Thrill.

I was really pulling for the sharks though, big fan of Pavelski.

The game was on at work and I barley saw it but holy shit that Pens 2nd goal. Who was covering him, he was in front of the net for like 15 sec and deflected it in. Shitty D.

We don't watch soccer on Sup Forums you dirty mexican.

Praise Phil.

Yea I'm sad for Jumbo Joe too. Can't deny that they're getting outplayed pretty bad right now though. Shame that this had to be the series where they decided it was time to not perform at the top of their game.

Thornton plays like an absolute dick.

>hockey
>playing like a dick
lol isn't that the point?

To be fair to them, the Pens play a different game. They're faster, dominating the shit out of possession, and the Sharks just haven't adapted to it yet.

No? He's unsportsmanlike as fuck.

Don't see it at all. At all.

I do have an issue with how the refs don't seem to call fuck-all in the playoffs, though.

No, it's really not.

Hockey is all about sportsmanship, dickweed.

youtube.com/watch?v=JxFS2JAyleo

Man, he has tried to start shit constantly with the pens. Remeber that one clip of him randomly coming up to one of them just starts bashing him in the head with the hilt of his stick?

Penguins fan here.
Whether we win or lose the cup, what are some opinions on Matt Murray?
I hear that he'll be replacing Fleury.
He's good, but he plays behind one hell of a defense.

To be fair, everyone gets chippy in the playoffs. Thornton's just high-profile, so he gets a lot of attention. I think "Thornton is a poor sportsman" is likely a minority opinion.

Murray has impressed, though the last thing you want is to overreact to the small sample you've seen of him.

Murray is a fucking beast. His defense is amazing, as well as his speed.

Fair enough man, I honestly havent seen him play enough to honestly judge.

We could use him in Edmonton. We'd give you Yak or a 4th round draft pick.

Kinda what I thought. A lot of people want him to replace Fleury. I think he should be played like the Blues play their goalies, and know you have two solid goalies most of the time.

No way he gets traded off. Unless it's free agency, but I don't even see that happening.

Looks solid but remember the hamburgler.

Depending on how the expansion draft goes though the Pens might not have a choice.

Yeah exactly. God, we haven't had good goaltending since Roloson. feelsbadman

Great intro reddit, yuh fuckin faggot

I have been a fan of the Sharks for a long long time. I was so excited to see them advance so far this year. Especially since I made some daring changes in my own life this year. I thought it just must be the year.
But yeah, the Sharks be playing like shit. I enjoyed watching Crosby be put into the Shark's bench. But...holy fuck, these boys gotta grow up. Drawing penalties like that.
The Sharks only realized that they had to put their whole hearts into the game in the third. The first and second, played like shit.

"Slowly"

>series over before it started.

You could use literally anything that's not another franchise/generational talent forward to squander. And you could give any number of broken franchise forwards in return!

They do just fine when Hertl isn't injured. He's probably the Sharks biggest threat against a team with speed.

Lol they recreated this in the movie Goon.

You can only protect one goalie in the expansion draft. The Pens HAVE to protect Fleury because of his no-movement clause.

Matt Murray fucking great goalie

Tradition is very important to the Pens.

Capital and San Jose's long storied traditions of 0 Cups. Sponsored by Your Pittsburgh Penguins!

Also 15,000 days since the flyers won a cup. Shitty team is shitty.

Yeah, Hammond was classic (lol Ottawa) overreaction to small sample size.

Fair enough, Hertl is pretty good like that.

Hahaha, that is such a stupid fucking rule. But it'll maybe, maybe finally get GMs to stop handing out NTCs and NMCs like fucking candy.

Oh shit. I didn't even notice that I haven't been seeing Hertl. Where is he, what happened?

Leave the Pins to me

Yeah, but we will end up drafting Tkachuk. Another winger.

Too bad we can't have Hamonic.

And I'm glad Jultz is doing well for you guys, he had too much pressure (read:made too much money) from us.

Pens fan here.

It's been a hell of series so far - every game has been close and had me spooked every time you guys get pressure going in our zone.

If it wasn't for Matt Murray being insane, you guys would definitely have our balls in a vicegrip.

Yeah, we may be forced to protect Ference. I wish I was joking.

I feel like the Sharks started off the game very solid. But then the Penguins broke them apart.
Start of the game looked very promising and even.. then slowly the Sharks broke down.
Up until the third period where they finally figured out that they had to play.

Lightning are in the same situation. The expansion team will likely get one of Murrey or Vasilevskiy.

Vegas will be way better than they have any right to be year one.

Anaheim?

>small sample

But Jesus CHRIST it's the playoffs and the Stanley Cup we're talking about here. The best of the best.

Nah the oilers won't. They clarified the rule you don't have to use a protection slot if the players contract runs out 16-17.

As a Sharks fan. I feel like that's being nice.
Matt Murray has been insane, a very quick goalie. But the Sharks just can't deal with the pressure from the Penguins, their forecheck is brutual.
And they know how to handle almost every Sharks powerplay.

Honestly I pity the Edmonton fanbase. All those amazing picks and the dipshit owners still can't get you a goalie, a blueline or functioning systems.

Shit yeah, the Lightning's goaltending situation is gonna suck.

The rules of probability still apply. Playing four rounds of the postseason is like a quarter of a season. The percentages can be very skewed in such a short time. These teams are very good, but sometimes the best team doesn't win since so much of hockey is random. Goalies, especially, can look awesome or like they suck depending when they get hot or go cold.

Thornton is just letting his emotions get the better of him. If anyone is a poor sportsman here, it's Couture tbh.

I nearly choked on my drink laughing at his comments about Crosby.

I'm pretty confident he'll waive or accept a buy-out too. He seems to have moved on from pro-hockey and is a pretty sweet guy.

Look at this fuckin pylon

It's very difficult to call.

It feels like we get the pressure first, but then you guys show up late in the second and the third period and it's just a barrage of shots on Murray/in our zone.

>Honestly I pity the Edmonton fanbase. All those amazing picks and the dipshit owners still can't get you a goalie, a blueline or functioning systems.

It is frustrating, but somehow we have a pretty diehard fan base. We have sold out every game for something like over 7 years straight. It's weird.

I love people the try and compare povertyball with hockey. Anybody can play povertyball

Someone tell him about Jim Corsi and goaltender workload.

I'm a Leafs fan. It's goddamn Stockholm Syndrome is what it is.

Yeah... I don't get what this whole "Crosby is cheating" thing.. by timing the puck drop? I'm sure being a pro player there is some kind of mentality. Either way that is hard for the public to figure out and does not make you look good. I've always liked Couture alot though.

I gotta say the one time that Crosby pinned Thorton against the boards though, and Thorton slapped his helmet off. It was deserved. And I've seem some videos just showing Thorton push him and not showing how Crosby was holding him on the boards.
I dunno why it all happened or what was going through either player's heads. But Crosby just tried to act innocent after.

Lol fucking typical reddit mouthbreather.

>hurr durr im fat as shit but these professional athletes barely put out a sweat.
>eats another cheeto

I feel your pain. Gratz on the first round pick, I think the NHL would have collectively shat themselves if Edmonton got another lottery win

Sports are fuckin sports. Who cares what is more demanding we play whatever sport we love and watch whatever sport we love.

Btw we all know soccer players dive like pussies all the time.

On the subject of officiating...

That is almost impossible for me to comment on this series. There have been so many calls missed that it's making my head spin. On both teams.

It's like they want to "let them play", but then they'll call some stupid shit that BARELY looked like a penalty. Shit is so confusing and frustrating.

Yeah. I've felt that also. That the Sharks don't come in until later periods.
But they can't keep attempting these late game comebacks. It just doesn't work.
And the Penguins don't get tired. They're used to the playoffs, the Sharks are not.

No official wants to make the "game changing call" in a Stanley Cup final series. It's stupid, but it's the way she fuckin goes, bubbs.

Couture's comments are taken out of context. Every centerman in the NHL cheats on faceoff's it's a widely known fact. Andrew Shaw said Toews is the biggest cheater he's ever faced off against and they are on the same team. Couture was pissed because they were being inconsistent on what they let go in regard to faceoffs. ie Crosby was allowed to cheat his stance but the ref called couture out on it when he tried.

Oh, we would have shoved Bettman in his entirely all the way up Chiarelli's ass.

This is true enough, but by not calling a thing they're changing outcomes too. On which topic, fuck Kerry Fraser forever.

no he plays hockey.... im guessing you just started following the sport since 2005 lockout

That makes more sense. I had been watching the way they face off abit and noticed some weird differences. None that I can really point out. But just different styles and the way one guy seems to get so much closer than the other. Faceoffs happen so fast though it's hard to notice anything. I used to play though and I know there are alot of ways to take a faceoff though.
So are the refs playing favorites then? The hell is up with that?

>They're used to the playoffs

You'd never guess with how many rookies we have playing.

Remember McGough? Fuck that nigger. Fuck him fuck him fuck him fuck him

Let's go Pens! Make sure to drink plenty of Malk, now with vitamin score.

>physically demanding
>spends 95% of the game standing around

Probably not. Crosby might know the ref doesn't check to his left after he gets into his stance or some other obscure thing. Centerman usually know the refs habits as well as the opposing players.

The Oilers ended up missing the playoffs by one point that year too if i'm not mistaken.

Ben Bishop would cockslap that faggot

Wow. I hope they fucking fired his ass after that.

How did the refs buy that?... what

little details...little details..
Yeah.

They made him head ref of the league shortly after. I was at that game. Glad he got doused with beer at the end of the clip

Did they even watch the review? How do things like that happen..

You know. I have this little glitter of hope.
That since the Sharks choked and gave up 4 games to the LA Kings afew years back.
That the black cat karma will manifest itself.
The Sharks do have the possibility of winning 3 in a row.
I don't figure the Penguins to be the kind of team to give up 3 games though.

It's okay, the East is murderers row. Pens fan here, but if would have been the same if Tampa pushed through. The Sharks were not prepared for a team this fast. The Lighting couldnt even get to their net on a 6v4 powerplay when they pulled their goalie.

Bringing another cup home.

Can't review a goal like that :( The most infuriating game I have ever been at.

I hate being an Oilers fan, but I will never jump off the bandwagon. Our day will come once we get a blue line.

I'm not sure. Admittedly I don't immediately know what makes a play "non-reviewable" but that's what fucked them over.

Faith restored in Sup Forums for seeing a hockey thread, cheers guys

Meant to link this, I am drunk

youtube.com/watch?v=8DIFeOkD_dc

I doubt it. I'm a Rangers fan and I still don't see it - this team is very different from the ones that we eliminated.

No doubt, made my night a little better.

A civil one at that. Good shit, Sup Forums.

Number 4 is it?
I would've loved the Sharks to have their first.
But if they cannot win it then they are not the best.

Same. And not one full of goddamned stupid opinions, either.

Yeah you guys are good shit.

I agree. Also a Pens fan, but after pushing through the Cap and the Lightning I firmly believe that the East is just a death sentence for the West in the finals.

being smug and kicking skates are practically the first things you learn about the game in practice.

he's just coke fueled now

Yep, this would be the 4th.

In all honesty I was hoping the Blues would pull through to the cup, maybe even pull an upset. They've never had a taste of the glory. I feel for a program like that.

Funny how that was the West just a few years ago, and now half those teams are in meltdown. In the East the only teams that are really shit are the Sens, stuck in permanent mediocrity, the Bruins, in complete meltdown mode, and the Blue Jackets and Rangers with serious fucking salary cap problems coming up.

I was very happy with the final four.

he's great

almost as good as korpisalo

Goddamn.. Those feels.
I find it funny that someone took the time to make this. And make it very well also.

Cheers user, may the hockey be with you.

I felt really bad for Lundqvist when the LA Kings took you guys in the cup afew years back. I was actually cheering for the Rangers then.

If you can't have a sense of humour after missing the playoffs this many years in a row, there's no point following them lol.

*DYING INSIDE*

Blues fan here. It does suck seeing the same old story year after year, but I think the road through the Hawks and Stars wore them out. I hope the Sharks have a little more life in them.

This

The sharks were doing great in like the first 5 minutes of the game then they shat themselves and lost puck control and became disorganized

I was cheering for the blues as their team was mostly Canadian