ITT: bands in which any fan of is guaranteed to be an insufferable cunt

ITT: bands in which any fan of is guaranteed to be an insufferable cunt

Animal Collective

Grimes, Radiohead, or Death Gripes.

the smiths are too widely popular to really say that. unless you're referring specifically to their extreme core fanbase. most people I know who listen to the smiths are normal people.

anyway the correct answer is probably something like korn lmao

AJJ

Unfortunately.. Animal collective make experimental music that isnt good. It isnt good music, and while I still enjoy it its bad musicianship. Though for some reason hipster culture has pressured teenagers into convincing themselves they have to "get it" to be artsy or Indie or whatever. Its gotten so bad i guarantee you anco fans reading this will say "haha that doesn't apply to me!" Its a horrible fad that will hurt the independent scene for years to come

Especially Radiohead my god

death grips

Nirvana

anything you like

johnny hobo and the freight trains

or kraftwerk 80% of the time (art students)

Never understood why self proclaimed artsy people think listening to the same stuff makes them unique

why do arts students have to have personally unique taste in music again?

Radiohead, Kanye West, and Death Grips.

If you're going to waste your parents trust fund on a meme degree you could do on your own time, might as well actually have some shred of individuality out of it. Artistic expression doesn't mean "liking the same artsy stuff all my artsy friends like too"

All Kanye fans are horrible people. I've never met one who wasn't
>not being the operator with your pocket calculator

>Grimes
>band

Here's a tougher one
How many bands/artists are there where the fans are generally particularly nice people?

See? Proof is correct

Most top 40, classic rock bands

>The free grilled Cheese meme actually isn't a meme

why even come to a music board if you have such disdain for art desu

You weren't around when they were in their prime. Jesus Christ do teenagers really not know how insufferable their fans were?

any prog

Thus board thinks neutral milk hotel and animal collective are coherently creative and good "art", I really hope nobody actually comes here taking this places discussion seriously.

what do you listen to friend, seeing as the only reason you are here seems to be to act like you're somehow better than other people

yes but people who avidly hate prog are just as horrible and in most cases for the same reasons

whoever made this is seriously butthurt

The Smiths are a good band but their fans really are tumors my lad

How has Tool not been mentioned?

thought about posting them but this thread is shit lmfao

am I a insufferable cunt if my favorite band is The Beatles?

Butt blasted art major detected.

Hi ._.

What's wrong with Johnny Hobo fans?

My Bloody Valentine
Talking Heads
The Mars Volta
Joy Divison

also fuck off radiohead is objectively goat

Death Grips

literally the most banal stereotypical response imaginable (and wrong too for the record)

ps voltaire would have hated your guts you boring tool

This is why Radioheadfags are the worst lmao

>the autist that needs to listen to everything on the bleeding edge of what is considered music to be different from everybody else

ITT: people who are butthurt thinking their music is being called to question and not the fanbase
>TOOL
and maynardfags in general are fucking mental, yeah he makes some good music but get off his nuts

Kinda goes without saying that band named Tool that is comprised of a bunch of tools has complete and utter tools for fans.

Dream Theater

all of Sup Forumscore

Simply epic name dropping, I'm impressed by your expansive knowledge of reading filenames

The Mountain Goats

Radiohead is one of the biggest band's in the world, everyone like's their music to an extent, I don't know anyone that doesn't like Karma Police in America and Paranoid Android in the UK. People that make music part of their personality are terrible in general.

You're what's wrong with Sup Forums

this

UK Punk
Buttrock (obviously)

>Guaranteed to be a cool motherfucker if they listen to stoner

there sure a lot of death grips fans on here

Nirvana
The Smiths
Radiohead
Animal Collective
MF DOOM
Sonic Youth
Any punk band I listen to

I'm a fan of those bands, but even I'm going to call out the fans that are complete cunts.

I played Karma Police to a "friend" who had never heard of Radiohead, he didn't like it, I also played Annie by Neon Indian, he didn't like it cause the music video.

wow imagine being such a fucking retard that you think that knowing who voltaire is makes a person seem smart

This. Fucking this. They just ruined a perfectly good band and put them into the "overrated emo teen fucktard" category.

ween

>what did they mean by this

user, all that is is proof of someone not knowing what a band is.

>Not a poser
>Not an avant teen
>Actual music knowledge past rym core
>You're whats wrong :( stop!

>disdain for art students
>disdain for art

Not that, its just odds are very low that someone would recognise his face. Like his teachings aren't really relevant anymore first of all, and second knowing them doesn't mean you'll recognise it. You can lie about it but you think Devo is artistic so I know you're not telling the truth.

Jeez man, had enough ego jerking for the day?
Do you really believe the shit you are sayin?
Damn dude.

this

m8 you're the asshat art major that got triggered at something indirect

this, with major emphasis on death grips

Swans

It's really true. I understand if you just like the music but its fans are hipster nu-males that use art as a way of projecting their insecurities. They seem to want to be interesting and artsy but only in the most nondescript and inoffensive way possible.

The band is reddit incarnate. They seem like good people (although I hate the music) but their fans are insufferable scarf-clad children with no self awareness and they exemplify everything bad about the word hipster.

Prog fans are so insecures cunts who think prog is the best genre cuz muh complexity, time signature bullshit. Gosh, I hate them. Specially Rush and Yes fans.
>t. prog fan

But Johnny Hobo is great. It's honestly the only punk band I don't notice how shitty the fans are.

>not a poser

My chemical romance.

Black metal fans. Look at the RYM comment box on Deathspell Omemega's new album to see what I mean, they all talk like insufferable unwashed fucks

>that autist that has deluded himself into thinking Radiohead have made anything worth listening to

>good band

Prog metal fans are 100000× worse

you probably masturbate to pictures of yourself

Uhh, have any of you actually encountered an "insufferable" death grips fan in person?
I always hear about how they have the worst fan base, but the reasoning never pertains to an actual encounter in real life, and more the memey Internet youtube culture.

What if someone is a Ween fan and a Smiths fan?

Did you mean
>bands in which any person is the frontman of is guaranteed to be an insufferable cunt
Because I'm with you on that.

This, for some reason prog is often a big red flag that a person is going to be insufferable

why write "uhh", you're not speaking there's no need to pretend you're unsure of what you're about to say

why capitalise internet

why write "but the reasoning never pertains to an actual encounter in real life, and more the memey Internet youtube culture"

rather than

but this seems to be more related to the memey internet youtube culture than actual encounters in real life

I saw NMH and this pack of kids in floral snapbacks and Death Classic shirts started yelling Takyon and Young Thug lyrics
That's more what they mean.

Neat.

Any non normie who listen to music is an insufferable cunt about music listening

You're hanging out with the wrong people

I guess memey Internet culture permeates into real-life, and the people doing it with Death Grips are the same ones doing it with Neutral Milk Hotel.

>Death Gripes
>Gripes

why is johnny such a piece of shit boys

Moz isn't even wrong but they're both cunts
>inb4 300 / 30 / 96 / 1

Why is Morrissey such a cunt?

Neutral Milk Hotel
The Microphones

fuck off johnny

Even most Morrissey fanboys/girls admit he's a bit of a cunt

he is a total cunt but i love him
no love for commy rat johnny though

Morrisey's an idiot if he meant what he said about Brexit, but that's old very news.
The opinions of anyone who could unironically write the lyrics to Meat is Murder were obviously not to be taken seriously.

But thats okay, I still love The Smiths and Morrissey being a twat is kinda entertaining at this point

Halsey
Mac Demarco
Lana Del Rey

What, no one thinks this way

>Morrisey's an idiot if he meant what he said about Brexit,
>mfw i see an unironic globalist

>people that disagree with me are objectively idiots