How does Sup Forums deal with depression

How does Sup Forums deal with depression....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k7wjBwjsVDo
youtube.com/watch?v=uT5JCRBFPH0
youtube.com/watch?v=6xE6ZWwJezg
youtube.com/watch?v=iqR4CZj0mJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Drugs. Specifically pain pills.

weeeeeed

i don't...

Intracranial injection of lead

i drink alot and pick up alot of ugly chicks. no lower than 3/10s

Lay in bed for months on end wishing any one of my "friends" or even a total stranger would show up with a six pack, a pizza, and six hours to kill.

Keep bottling it down and hope it never comes back up.

Jerk it

hmmm i do the drinking part....

How do you pick up the chicks..
What do you say..tell them...buy them..

(kiss-less virgin here)

Find the ones who you're certain nobody else would fuck and treat them like they're 10's

Try to remind myself that it could always be worse.

This. I don't do painkillers anymore though.

Very badly

Get insurance, go to a psychiatrist, get wellbutrin. its a dopamine/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. enjoy the energy and carefree attitude and motivation. then go to a psychologist. talk about shit. feel better. thats what i did. im off the wellbutrin now and just take adderall (prescribed cocaine). its great.

I think people that have it are massive pussies

Excessive masturbation, compulsively working out, and pushing it all deep down inside where nobody can find it.

Thanks user....

This is what i needed to hear :)

lot's and lot's of weed. and some buddies to smoke it with.

We live very similar lives trying to cut down on masterbating

I play videogames and masturbate. For fun though.

The secret is working out and eating right. I was the happiest when I did that. I felt swole and powerful. Like i could take on the world. Try it. Once you've got the ball rolling you'll feel the same.

what defines... "Eating right" user...

I sleep alot and smoke alot,
Work out 3 times a week and play sad songs on guitar.
Don't really deal with it, i just try to supress it

My weight always made me depressed so i lost 20 pounds and am starting the gym soon

Im not depressed but have horrible anxiety i literally havent slept in 2 days but nobody takes it seriously since im in my teens

Well I stopped drinking soda all together. I only drank water everyday but that's optional. Eat fruits and vegetables. Lean meats. Fish. Chicken Everything Grilled. Eggs are fine too. Fruit makes your cum taste sweeter I've been told.

If you want to lost a fuckton of weight then stop eating sugar and that alone will make you lose alot

I try to put things in perspective and think of things for example:

-Not crippled or have any sort of physical ailment

-Not hideously disfigured

-Not living in nigger african village were they hack each others limbs off with machetes

Then you just kind of go from there. Just try to make the best of things in the situation that you may be in and that's all one really can ask for.

Depression is a problem with your way of thinking and your neurotransmitter levels being off. your way of thinking is affecting your neurotransmitters, and your neurotransmitters are affecting your way of thinking. this can be triggered by things in your life, or by nothing at all. Like i said above. Get insurance, get an antidepressant (or dont) but at least see a psychologist. while also hitting the gym, being active, and eating right. Do all that for at least a 3-4 months and you'll guarenteed feel better. I haven't posted in about 4 years but depression is a soft spot of mine

I embrace hopelessness.
Lowering my expectations helps me accept my lot in life.
Sometimes I look at the balcony and contemplate jumping, then I remember that there's a chance I'd survive so I might as well not make it worse for myself.
Nobody regrets suicide, but there seems to be mixed emotions about attempted suicide.

Other than that, I just wait it out. I take the pain and just wait it out.

This is a life-long condition with no cure. Severe depression is not a temporary problem, it's a chronic disability which greatly lowers a person's quality of life.

Alcohol. I took away my other two coping mechanisms, self harm and eating carbs.

>your way of thinking is affecting your neurotransmitters, and your neurotransmitters are affecting your way of thinking. this can be triggered by things in your life, or by nothing at all. Like i said above. Get insurance, get an antidepressant (or dont) but at least see a psychologist
I sense a few commitment issues

...what?

walk outside with a great sun and a good music.
Make me feel little better until tomorrow

Check'd

Also, are you me? This is exactly what I do. I usually embrace the fact of the lowered expectations with alcohol.
Alcohol makes the depression worse, but makes the acceptance easier, it's a type of destructive cycle, but it's just how I deal with things.
It's my firm belief that I should most likely not reproduce (if I even can), based on the fact that depression runs extremely deep in my family. I don't want my children to face the same fate as I.

all those faggots aren't now here

I spot a logical fallacy.
Not being worse doesn't make something good.

"doctor, my head hurts"
"look at all these pictures of children with amputated limbs. Don't you feel ashamed for wanting attention when they've already gone through so much more pain?"
"That's bad, but my head still hurts."
"If you can't have compassion for these people, why should I have compassion for you?"
"I'm not saying I don't, but their being in pain doesn't stop me from being in pain. We both are hurting. It's not a competition."

Define "good music"

I actually listen to some dark depressing stuff... maybe I can change it up.

go find a hobby that is a physical activity you enjoy it
>basketball
>surfing
>skateboarding
>rock climbing

I remember that I, and everyone on this planet will die.
No matter what every living person's story is, it all has the same end. Death.
For some reason the finality of that is very comforting to me... I have to wonder if that's something I should worry about.

This
Day by day makes it a little easier

We both got 33 as well
CONFIRMED ALT UNIVERSE ME

I don't drink (addictive personality, easier to never start than give it up) but I like to say "alcohol may not be the answer, but it is a solution" because that's a chemistry joke.

I have mixed feelings regarding offspring. On the one hand, life sucks. Why would I want to put them through that?
On the other hand, a lot of the reason for it sucking is environmental. That might change for them. Or maybe they'll get lucky and evolve an immunity to extreme depression.
But even though I'm so sad, I'm a pretty alright guy. People like me are good for the world, I think. There should be more of us. And if I don't reproduce then I'm leaving the Earth to... whoever else is having kids.

There's this odd battle between "nothing matters" and "I can't stop caring"

Exercise man. The ones that leaves you breathless

i listen to some jazz soul or hip-hop beatsl.
choose what you like, better if it is "happy songs" or "sunny songs"

youtube.com/watch?v=k7wjBwjsVDo

youtube.com/watch?v=uT5JCRBFPH0

youtube.com/watch?v=6xE6ZWwJezg

youtube.com/watch?v=iqR4CZj0mJQ

There's a line from one of the Sandman Chronicles' stories. "Everybody gets the same amount of time: one lifetime" meanwhile Death is standing next to the spirit of a dead baby and the spirit of a man who lived 15,000 years.

OP here...

i've sobered up some...

I thank everybody for posting their feedback... it really helps as someone out there really is listening. Sup Forums may be a dark fucked up place, but we are still very much alike in many ways.

I know my depression (if even that) is nowhere near what some others are... but it is a dark place I do not want to go... I think it's just loneliness, not getting out of the house, and just treating myself like shit (eating poorly, not exercising... etc...)

Thanks Sup Forumsros

thoughts on citalopram? Gf has been struggling with depression for last 18 months, went to doctor and psychiatrist etc who put her on it for about 3 months which took her away from being suicidal, but completely flattened her moods to a constant low but not suicidal. She stopped cold turkey without telling anyone a couple weeks ago and has had withdrawal etc, and now is again horribly depressed. Dont know whether she should be getting back on it or something else or nothing or...

This. 60% of the time, it works every time.

I like that a lot. I like the idea of no meaning, that despite everything we all go in the ground.
And not even people, that everything will crumble and end. It puts things in perspective

Find an Excuse to Win.
No matter how much it hurts, how much it sucks or how badly you want to give up, there's a million excuses to just quit, but Sup Forumsrother, you gotta find that One simple excuse to go on and win. Find that motivation in you to not be a quitter and not fall flat on your face. Fuck man, you'll never know joy until you work your ass through pain. Don't go at it slowly either, moderation is for cowards, cause anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Godspeed user.

Drink some more

I drink some sprite.
I don't know why it works.

We're all in this big hot mess together. If you make it to tomorrow, that's medically healthier than being dead.

Weed and pussy

I run arrands

>The dishes
>Laundry
>Mow the lawn
>Walk the dogs

Always makes me feel better when I get stuff done. Makes me feel more useful and less like a good for nothing self loathing faggot.

If you like that, you'll love the breaking bad reading of ozymandius.

wellbutrin doesn't help for everyone. i've been on it for 5 months and i still want to die

What exactly is that? I've been listening to a lot of Alan Watts, I like his outlook on death.

youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE
It talks about how what some perceive as permanent parts of life are merely temporary grandeur. Nobody is immune to the ravages of time.

I don't get it

I pre-emptively treat it with:

>Regular exercise
>Regular social interaction
>Regular sunshine
>Good diet
>Good sleep

If you're depressed you're almost certainly lacking in one or more of those areas. We know this to be true yet you faggots will still make excuses and complain that you're a unique special depressed snowflake who can't get with girls or talk to people or you're stuck in your bedroom or agorophobic

What's your problem, user?

>regular social interaction
>complains that faggots cant talk to people
>it's that part that's the hardest. no one wants to keep talking to a depressed faggot which makes us depressed faggots

People who complain instead of changing

>complains that faggots cant talk to people
Re-read it. I'm complaining that faggots wont talk to people

Smoking, drinking, vaping, jerking off, working out, embracing it., etc.

lol wut

What kind of people must they talk to?

I'm afraid I might get rejected by some fugly bitch which might end up making want to end myself even more

They're depressed, not me, why would I care who they talk to? Talking is only a small part of socializing anyway

Drink much

Drink Many

wellbutrin isn't always great. for some people it can make you prone to inconsolable rage, especially if you're a young male and take it for more than a year. trust me, it's shit

antidepressants, and counseling.

Before that, various self prescribed psychogenic substances, to wit: whiskey and denial

Now is better

well what the fuck do i do to socialize

There are a fuckton of alternatives. Bad side effects means it's time to try one of them.

Lithium orotate.

kek. Make a tinder and swipe away.

Alcohol but lately I just want to start walking around the world

That's like saying everyone could run a 20 minute mile. Almost everyone - with legs - could.

Not everyone has fully nominal brain chemistry, just like not everyone has fully functional legs.

Problem with brains is, their not visible, and the subtle differences are almost a library of ignorance.

ALTER, the memories
Press F to pay respects

Prozac

booze and benzos. its not very effective

Do your own homework and work and stop being lazy

All you're illustrating is that depressed people have or are less likely to make choices that will help them become less depressed. That's fundamental to depression but doesn't change any of what I've said

Just find something you love, live for that
>inb4 faggot

i don't even know where to study..it's not really being lazy if you don't know where to begin, see

Another "just do it". Thanks, it really clears everything up. Glad you're so insightful.

>i don't even know where to study..it's not really being lazy if you don't know where to begin, see
Stop studying and go socially interact and fail and look like an idiot. Repeat 100x til you can hold a rivetting conversation with a stranger

Yes, it's hard, yes it sucks, yes you feel like a loser often. Welcome to life, it's the game that everyone else is playing every day.

Also try meditation, it helps you feel less like a jerk when you fuck up.

As for socializing, a good place to make and find friends and peers without all the scary shit is hobby & interest groups. Take up something easy and cheap like origami or photography or whatever and go meet people into it. Tell them you're new and shit and more looking to make friends ??? shared interests and profit

Also good job not being a dick

>Another "just do it". Thanks, it really clears everything up. Glad you're so insightful.
Pretty much the opposite of what I've said. I illustrated the causes of depression and very specific things to focus on. Glad you're so evasive to objective reasoning

Drinking and smoking either weed or cigarettes, sometimes I make art and shit but I would rather just get fucked up all day

i found dropping the drugs and alcohol , taking a chance and fucking off to start a new life elsewhere was what was needed.

Its so easy to mope around feeling like death with 100% focus on how miserable you are . Friends feel like scum because although they listen they never really get it that internally you are destroyed . The same triggers that bring on the misery surround you and repeat daily so fuck it and opt out . Move , go find a job and place to live elsewhere . Friends will soon be found and the old friends network is still there in the backround at weekends when company is important . In time the culture shock alone will dominate your mind and help bring a different outlook on life and if it really doesnt work then you can always move back .

Worked for me

Just recovering from my fourth major episode. Dealing with it since I was 17. OCD makes it worse. Well, how do you deal with it? Once you know how it works it'll get better. Your brain chemistry is fucked. So do the following: get medication, there are good anti depressants out there nowadays. In the beginning you may suffer from anxiety, get a mild sedative for that. Once you're out of the worst, start a therapy. Go there, work on yourself, start getting things done again. It'll get better over time. Most important: don't drink ANY alcohol, it'll make you feel better for the moment but will also fuck your brain chemistry up even worse. Drugs in general interact with dopamine/serotonine levels in your brain. You don't need that, if you don't want to hang yourself while being hung over one morning. This is the best advice you can get on a shitty board like that. Also what others here might have said: do sports, work out, lose or gain weight, get a gf or fuck random chicks. Try to sort out what depresses you. Or just hang yourself for the easy way out.

I managed to get a few hours of work tomorrow (neet faggot) so I'll have money to buy pills and kill myself.
Any suggestions anons? Obviously I've thought about and/or tried other suggestions and want pills. idgaf if it's gonna hurt or whatever, just as long as I can lie in bed and die guaranteed.

just work hard for something, even if its completely random, start working and appreciate the little things more, each step that takes you closer to your goals is a step forwards and dont regret any mistakes because they're valuable lessons that will lead to bigger steps forward in the long run.

I use this as my screen saver

grow some balls fgt
dont think about doing things.
Do them
thats the secret

An hero

Citalopram is not that good. Try escitalopram, almost the same but easier on the side effects. + is your girlfriend dumb or something? You never ever stop something like that at once. You lower the dose over weeks. Else serotonine syndrome, this is what she has. Can't even imagine how she must feel

To add to this, hobbies & interests are also good because they give you something to talk about and some practical use as a human being

A person is just a collection of skills and abilities afterall. The more interesting shit you can do and partake in, the more people you'll naturally talk to and more you'll have to offer from day to day

Exercise faggot. No drugs have helped me as much as exercising. Not even joking.

Does fucking count?

your hand doesn't