What do they teach Latin Americans kids in school about the Spanish/Portuguese?

What do they teach Latin Americans kids in school about the Spanish/Portuguese?

they are white

We learned a bit about the colonization of the West indies, the conquistadors and a tiny bit about Mexican independence

"they took our gold", I think.

It's true, but it's not like we kept it, so.

They be takin our goldz and shiet

Butthurt

they teach resentment mostly i think

>portuguese
absolutely nothing
>spanish
spanish american war, colonization of america

he speaks the truth

latin american kids learn that castlillians are a bunch of faggots that keep getting rekt by the portuguese

You are welcome

Only about colonization desu.

A bit of their wars too.

In texas history we learned a shitton about mexican independence and conquistadors exporers etc.

spanish: CONQUISTADORS N SHIET and they took our gold

portuguese: absolutely nothing

We learn how first the incas and then the spanish got rekt from the minute they arrived.

thanks for the 100 archers
they totally helped

Are you fucking retarded?They are asking the latin americans of each respective colonizer,of course you're not going to learn anything about us because we didn't even set foot on your cocaine ridden shithole.
But,uruguay for example has because we invaded them

nice butthurt you got there buddy

all i know from portuguese colonization comes from pic related. so fuck you, piece of shit

You better start watching your manners you low life faggot moro

first precolumbian civilizations
then spanish arrival to mesoamerica and conquest
then the new spain era
thats practically it

Thanks for keeping those euromexicans busy, Alberto.

curious, what the fuck did you guys do with all that gold?

The ones getting the gold were the spaniards

Brazilian gold was one of our biggest exports

this

Then answer the burger, where is it now?

Here

Damn, why don't you guys use it instead of leeching from the EU?

>Spain isn't even on the chart
What the fuck did they piss it away on? I can't imagine English pirates were that effective.

>America stockpiling all that gold for when we go back on the gold standard

Absolutely delicious.

Being the european hegemon is expensive. Also extreme inflation and lack of industry didn't help.

On construction. We did too, instead of investing in industry people were still building golden palaces and shit like that. We got lucky because got a lot of gold from the nazis during WW2

The Habsburgers wasted it in their wars against France and we stole the rest.

your gold is completely virtual, some guy tried to exchange his bonds at the federal reserve and they realized it's completely empty, more than 70% of the official amerigan gold is missing and unacounted for

in the spanish civil war we used a lot of it to pay equipment from russia to defend the republican government
fascism rebellion won anyway

It went straight to the bankers who financed the Habsburg war machine. And it wasn't enough.

>selling gold
Are you guys really that retarded from food scarcity?

Tem calma Picolé

Spanish America also had comparatively little gold. It was mostly Silver (hence the name Argentina).

The Amazon and it's surroundings are better for gold. (Which we only got access to during the Iberian union, since most of it is beyond the Tordesilhas line), as well as Africa.

Right, building and paying off for materials we couldn't make (like cannons for our boats), as well as extravagant palaces and perishable goods.

Worst of fucking all we gave a shitton away to Russia right after the regime, when the commie had access to it. If I'm not mistaken up until 74 we literally had one of the top 3 reserves.

Fucking commies, REEEEE

Quem é o picolé e és assim tão retardado para achar que vender ouro é uma boa ideia?

I think it depends on the region, leftist states seem to spew the idea of "WE WUZ AZTECS AND SHIT!".

>Worst of fucking all we gave a shitton away to Russia right after the regime, when the commie had access to it. If I'm not mistaken up until 74 we literally had one of the top 3 reserves.
>Fucking commies, REEEEE

I must have mixed up stories because I can't back this up.

Apparently most of our current gold reserves are actually from selling Tungsten to Hitler. After the war we were forced to sell it quickly or the Allies would've made us return it. Since we ceded the Lajes air base which helped a fair bit, I guess we were on good terms with the Allies.

My history teacher told us in HS "México was conquered by Amerindians and freed by Spaniards"
We hate the crown but Spaniards have always been friends of Mexico, also catholic missions in New Spain instead of submitting indigenous tribes they let them thrive under the watch of Dominicans friars.

This, I've been told that "muh yuropeens are bad, they stoled our goldz xD"
they never told me about pre hispanic genocides and wars, basically pictured the natives as if they were all naked angels who professed veganism

>It was mostly Silver (hence the name Argentina)
It is a meme, pretty much like "El Dorado"

something about portuguese people being thieves

Stolen our gold and did nothing good with it. Well done, Alberto.

It looks pretty, though.

Also, it wasn't "your" gold, it was our mutual gold. We were literally the same country, and you guys also used it for building churches and whatnot.

fucking scheiss eidgenossen fiking gnomes. i am suprised they are not bullied on int or Sup Forums. their wealth is basically backed up by the piles of the golden teeth from the dead jews. they are worse than nazis but they are civilized now and nobody gives a shit. horrible

>Our mutual

Ha! This gold may have been spent in everything, but here. Your greed queens and kings kept just for themselves.

The Church we built wasn't lusty as yours. But, yeah!, beautiful architecture though.

>Your greed queens and kings kept just for themselves.
Again, the King was mutual. I saw as much gold as you did.

i think all brazilians should travel to portugal at least once to look at all that gold they stolen from you and appreciate the beauty of they have done with it.

>Ha! This gold may have been spent in everything, but here. Your greed queens and kings kept just for themselves.
>Ha! This gold gold may have been spent in everything, but here. Your greed political leaders and rich kept just for themselves.

Portugal didn't "steal" any gold, there was no owners of it.

Only 2 millions of amerindians

>implying animals can own things

We were colonies, our function were to be explored. Your kings care nothing about us. They weren't our kings, just despots at our views.

None of them owned gold nor cared about gold, they traded gold for Portuguese goods, nor did the Amerindians exploit the gold.

Tbqh, yes, for history n' shiet, I'll be visiting Portugal.

Not true, and even if it were, people went to the colonies mostly voluntarily.

Brazil was it's own kingdom for a while. It's true that it was being turned back into a colony which prompted your revolution, but for a while there it was literally called the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves, even.

At least you'll agree we treated you better than Spaniards did with their spawns.

Don't break another statue, pls.

They do and it doesn't always go well

Prehispanic cultures(up to 1555)
Conquest (100 years)
Colony(up to 1810)

Basically we're taught how incompetent was Spain at colonization

Good point.
Amerindians care nothing about gold. They've traded it for common things, such as mirrors and chicken.
But we meant the next generation of halfies who inherited part of Portuguese culture; and truly owned this lands. Those knows what gold was worth.

Funny part of that is that a good portion of that gold is now sitting in the US.

Yeah, hahahhaha.

I was so ashamed about that.
You should have put he on the tronco.

woops, meant 1553

>A Brazilian tourist was backing up whilst trying to take a selfie when he knocked the sculpture over leaving it shattered beyond repair.

nice, did they send him a bill?

El Escorial, nice palace bro

Yes, on this colonialist run, I'd rather be colonized by Portuguese than Spaniards and Anglos. Even the Dutchs we expelled from here. I like Luso culture better.

But we were the colonized ones and lived under the oppressive shadow of Portugal kingdom. Our reactions were legitimate.

I meant to post this one, actually. I renamed it to biblioteca_joanina2 to make fun of someone in some other thread, and now I've fucked myself up.

It's the University of Coimbra's old Library.

Nice, Might go there and see it.

Great city, desu.

>Our reactions were legitimate.
Fighting for independence was more than legitimate. I'm not even disagreeing that Portugal did keep most of the shared gold, I'm just stating that it's a bad argument to throw against the common Portuguese.

I'd just like if Brazil/Portugal were less corrupt and more willing to cooperate in a common-wealth manner, but we can't have everything. At least both our food is fucking fantastic, and the weather is nice.

Oh well, time to go to sleep, I got work in the morning.

Good point.
I agree on that.

you learn about Mexican independece? what do they tell you?

what do they tell you?

How is Portugal government corruption?