I found this on the ground, what is it?

I found this on the ground, what is it?

A finger box, you newfag

Fuck I bet I still have my mahogany one somewhere

Finger box thread??

It's a box

It says 'G80x' in small letters on the back, is this a model name or something? What do I do with this thing?

Dick in a box

Looks Like G-series fingerbox, pretty commonly produced, but a popular choice for beginners due to the low price point.

A fingerbox? What is that? This thing appears to be made of teak, whatever it is.

How much do you think it is worth? Should I sell it or keep it? I still don't know what to do with it.

stick your dick in it and find out

Nice, teak has good natural water resistance, your sweat won't affect it as much as other woods

Eh, they run about $20 retail, the re-sale point wouldn't be worth it. If I were you I'd probably just start up a fingerbox collection of your own, or pass it along to a friend or family member who is interested.

The hole is too small for my dick, but it looks like something is supposed to go inside, maybe a finger? Idk

I saw something like this in a thrift shop, it looked really old so I didn't buy it. Are they worth collecting? How much do some go for?

The retail grade ones, as with most collectables, are pretty low in terms of value, but the custom made ones, especially those from wars and the very old traditional japanese fingerboxes can go anywhere from 200-2k a piece, some antique pieces with good history have been peaking pretty high, the one belonging to Adolf Hitler recently sold for 35k at auction.

The one I saw in the shop cost 3 dollars, but it did have the Japanese battle flag on the top. Now that you mention it, when I was checking it out I saw "1943" carved near a corner. Where do fingerboxes come from?

Nobody is really sure about the origins of fingerboxes, some of the earliest ones that we've found have been from the 1500's, however, we have a few pieces that range back even further, going to roman times even. However, there has been a bit of a rumor going around the fingerbox community about fingerboxes from the prehistoric period, but those are as I said, just rumors for the time being.

As of the current time, our best estimation puts the invention of the fingerbox in the yayoi period of japan, around 300 BC, where they were eventually (many years later) discovered by western cultures through exploration and trading.

That's amazing, I've never heard of them before. What do you do with them, put your finger inside?

I wouldnt go putting my fingers into random boxes found on the ground if you are not professional and know how to do the proper safety inspection.

How and where do I get one?

Sure vro, I've collected for years

The traditional use is, as you mentioned, putting your finger inside the box as a way to occupy the hand or as to aid with thinking and/or to act as a distraction.

However, these days a lot of the younger generation has been experimenting with new ways to utilise the fingerbox. The most notable of late, being the trend of plank-boxing, wherein a person would place themselves in a plank like position on top of assorted objects or in crazy places while in the act of using a fingerbox, you've probably seen it, it was a big thing on social media a little while back.

Depends on what you're looking for, retail models can be found with relative ease, you have to search a little harder for older, culturally significant ones

Nice collection, I'm inspired.

so many posts and nobody took the bait yet

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm just trying to find out what this thing I found is.

don't even bother, can't you see there are no newfags in this thread?

Tryhard

Can you guys recommend a finger box to a beginner? I'm not sure it is something for me, so not too expensive.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, the fingerbox that OP found is a G-series fingerbox, they run about $20 retail and can be found at most big box stores or online, I know amazon is currently having a 15% sale on them, so perhaps check them out online if you have prime.

do you by any chancehave the B-32 aster model?
I just got mine and it seems that nobody else I know has it.

what is a fingerbox?

newfag

I've been really into the aster brand fingerboxes of late, I really enjoy the long finger depth and extra smooth bore, especially in the mahogany models and the B-32 is no exception.

The newest of the fags.

dude this is a thread for finger box enthusiasts if you dont even know what a finger box is then I suggest you go to www.finger.net/32/b8-m8/beginners

jackpot

A box dipshit

did you hear they found a stone finger box from 43,000 years ago made by the cro magnon in britain

I'll give you finger box faggots some credit. You have managed to keep this troll going for quite some time. Works a lot better than grifter and daisys destruction.

are you happy now?

Don't even mention the grifter. Like fingerboxes, it is very, very real.

that was proved to be a fake I believe , but they did find evidence of a finger box made from wood and obsidian that is about 3500 years old

>fingerbox thread
Brings a tear to my eye, bros.

Czeched

Yes, I heard about that recently, it was the one found near stonehenge if I recall correctly. The UK branch of the Fingerbox Aggregation Group is currently doing tests for verification. If it's real, it could really shake up our theories on the origins of the humble fingerbox.

This. Seriously, don't go looking for it. I can't stop the nightmares and it's been over two years since I watched it.

The one proven to be a fake was found some time last year, the one that was mentioned here was the one found last week by a group of archaeologists out on a routine expedition.

>ITT: Newfags who want to become oldfags but joined Sup Forums a few months ago

my professor of archaeology told us that finger boxs are believed to have been made by early humans and proto humans we even have cave paintings in france of how finger boxes were used

>Fingerbox Aggregation Group
I'm surprised you're aware of this secretive group, they like to remain in the shadows as a precaution against fingerbox thievery.

who shat in your cornflakes, dude? go back to your trap thread, you're not fooling anyone here faggot.

You wish you had a fingerbox, I bet you've never even seen one in real life.

I'm actually a member of the Fingerbox Aggregation Group, although we do tend to lay low, one of our sister facilities, the North European Watchtower for Fingerbox Analytics and Gathering tends to be the public face for most fingerbox related news.

apparently the japanese are outraged and are demanding to see this finger box. we all know how proud they are of inventing the finger box and its believed the 35,000 year old finger box that they claimed was real. they couldnt stand that so they swiped it and replaced it with a fake.

The Japanese do tend to get pretty touchy when it comes to ancient fingerbox research, luckily it was found in Britain by a British team, from the news I've heard, the Fingerbox Aggregation Group should be finished with testing in the next two weeks or so.

I think I heard about them on the internet one time. I did some digging and found a lesser known group than even the F.A. group, called Neutral Investment Geological Group Enterprising Reclaiming Fingerbox Ancient Generations. Very secretive, their name alone is long for a reason, it makes them harder to remember.

>North European Watchtower for Fingerbox Analytics and Gathering
>Kek

cant wait ive always had theories that fingerboxes have been with humans since the beginning. it would better explain the diversity and different construction methods that fingerboxes have from region to region

Apparently, they're after a certain fingerbox lost to the passing of time. Legend has it that the fingerbox they seek was once held by Richard the Lionheart and was taken into battle against Saladin during the crusades.

It almost makes me think they made that name up for laughs really, Although they do Partner with us here at the F.A. Group sometimes, their american branch is actually quite advanced in terms of fingerbox knowledge and theory.

So you just place your finger inside and then?
Never got to experience having one as fingerboxes were always banned in the netherlands.

In fact, in medieval legend the fingerbox had magical powers, and would glow when the enemy was near. Some stories mention that it once stopped an arrow from hitting the king's horse, as he was carrying it in its traditional mounted sheath. This is only legend, of course. Still, there are other strange rumors surrounding the box.

This legend actually has some merit to it, although the magical powers of the fingerbox are (unfortunately) not real.

This fingerbox, pic related, was the one owned by Richard the Lionheart and was carried into many of his battles. It was common practice for enemy archers to aim for the neck of the horse in order to bring them down and King Richard actually had his fingerbox mounted around his horses neck and, due to the heavy metal, it blocked more than a few arrows through his battles and up close you can actually see some of the damage that the box has taken.

stick dick in it see what happens