This is the best jazz album

This is the best jazz album.

Any refutation?

While I get the microtonality thing Coleman was going for on this record, thus the repetition actually makes complete sense, I still wish there would've been more rhythmic diversity on it. Sure it doesn't have to be through the horns since that's where the microtonal thing is happening, but at least like the drums or something. Compared to the other often highly rated jazz albums like KOB, ALS, TBSATSL, OTL, etc. it feels lacking there.

>best jazz album
>Any refutation?
Yeah this

what's so cool about jazz after all

>it was actually the shape of jazz to come

how did he know?

good answer

idk about this one so much (personally)

imo his best and top 5 jazz albums.

>time to get paid, blow up like the world trade
how did ornette know? was he a prophet?

not even miles's best
not even mingus's best
fair choice

Great album but not even Coleman's best. That's Science Fiction

WoOoOoOoOoOoOoO!!!!!!!
It is I... the ghost of Ornette Coleman....
Please give me my sticky, so I can rest in peace...
wooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOO

greatest injustice of our time

Surprised no one has posted Karma yet, aka the "I have no idea how to explore jazz outside of what RYM tells me" starter pack

>dismissing a fantastic piece of work only because Sup Forums told you is entry-level and is fairly loved by RYM-users.
don't mean to offend but this it's pretty childish of yours

It's just relatively frustrating to see it in someone's 5.0s and no other jazz, I love Karma but prefer Love in Us All and Black Unity

>It's just relatively frustrating to see it in someone's 5.0s and no other jazz
I agree with you, but that wouldn't change the fact that karma is pretty good. That being said, Izipho Zam is my favorite Pharoahs, give it a try if you haven't already

The Black Saint and the Sinned Lady exists

Always loved the way he cradles his sax in this picture. So comfy. He looks so happy to have it

It's a good one, for sure.
But I prefer European Free Improvisation and AACM

My favorite album OP. Really more people need to discuss it

I like Bill Evans

this

I agree. Free Jazz is more innovative but Shape is more enjoyable. Change of the Century and Science Fiction are really good Ornette albums to check out also.