Should I buy Overwatch?

Should I buy Overwatch?
I have some money to buy games or books.
What game or book should I buy?
I was thinking about Overwatch, I've played the open beta and was so cool, but what do you guys think about it? Its too overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

usgamer.net/articles/overwatch-fixing-play-of-the-game-is-really-hard
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I played hard for a week or so and got bored. Unless you've got 5 friends that are also playing get something else.

Depends if you want a game that you will get bored of if you don't play it in short bursts. Also it's not worth the price atm. Maybe when they add more maps or lower the price.

Only buy it if you have some friends you can play with. Solo queuing is really hit or miss.

No.

Can relate because it happens with everybody

get Mein Kampf
some guy wrote it before WWII
I heard its got some pretty neat political ideas in it

DONT BUY IT. Blizzard sucks

Unless you are 12 and really enjoy playing a team based game with other 12 year olds then this is not the game for you.

Yes, I was going to play alone...
Well thanks user

Been playing since closed beta. It's fun but only for an hour or two. You also gotta have good anger management, being able to brush off the rage is important.
If you've got friends who play it's much better, otherwise I'm not so sure.

Is it worth it? Yes.

Will you still be playing it 2 or 3 months from now? Maybe.

A good question is, do you have people to play it with so you have an actual team rather than grouping up randomly with other people who don't have friends that play (and many have no idea how to play a fps)?

Solo queuing can be good, you can find a good group, you can also find absolute trash.

I played the beta for 4 hours before I decided this game was a boring waste of space on m console. It's the only free thing I have ever regreted downloading

Yeah, you guys are right. I will wait for my friends to buy it.
Thanks guys

You should definitely buy it, it's fun as fuck regardless of if you are solo queuing or not

But, just to be clear, with even just one other person, the game is really really good. So do try and get someone else to buy and play it.

bible

The game is not good I don't don't know where this meme sprouted up from

HS > OW

no , its fun for a week but get boring pretty fast . biggest con was no new weapons or other equip . only skins and spray logos

exactly dude finally someone

Any of you richfags want to let a poorfag try yours?

[email protected]

At level 40- bored as fuck with Overwatch. Loot boxes usually contain shit as they are random, and at this level, you usually get steamrolled by a team who is communicating.

Solo que really sucks so if you don't play with friends don't buy the game.

Yeah out of the 21 or whatever playable characters there are only,a hand full that are playable and those characters are already half the fucking team on both sides. Playing a game where you are the only faggot that isn't running around using the sniper class out of 12 other people.

Not really comparable. Also if you don't have a meta deck with the new legendaries you really can't get above rank 17

Go play Warframe, wait for a daily login reward to give you a 50% or 75% off coupon, and spend it all on Platinum.

buy Altered Carbon. Great book. Just finished it.

buy some book instead nigga, be someone instead.

Warframe is literally the worst game on steam. No joke. If you actually put money into that cash grab you are retarded.

me and my friends play overwatch as a five man squad.

We kick hard core ass, all of us are lvl 40+. My win rate with mei is 83% lmao

This game is actually fun if you think. Creating strategies and figuring couterplay is what makes the game the most fun imo.

Get Squad, shoot ragheads, much funner.

Play team fortress 2 instead. It's basically the same, but free.

Lol what? You could get to legend without using ANY legendaries.

Huge mistakes were made in this game
>the pick of a character is not limited at 1 by team
>you can change character during a game
>broken hitboxes
>unbalanced maps
>unbalanced characters
I won't see this game in a competitive scene in this current state, TF2 is far more balanced and skilled right now

I forgot this fucking matchmaking, worst than anything else

How the fuck do I fight deathrattle rogue, man?

I've heard mixed opinions on it. Personally I play a fuckton of games (I buy pretty much every AAA title + some) and I have to say I haven't been this absorbed by a game in well over 5 years. And I don't even play with friends.. I just play solo.

Are you playing since 1 week, 2 weeks?

Checked

I bought it the day of release and have been playing pretty religiously since.

Could you explain what you think is unbalanced? There are a couple characters who could use a bit of a nerf but I haven't really experienced anything that bugged me.

Also, they are pushing out a new mode in the coming weeks that will be for more serious, competitive players. Not completely sure what this will involve, but it will likely address some of the things in your post.

I give Overwatch a 4/10.

It's fun because I play with my little bro and we always dick around and win.

However, we get bored after 3-5 games, stop playing it a few days, and it becomes fun again.

Both enemy teams are pretty much the same characters because we all know who the OP ones are. Everyone has the same weapons (disappointed that Blizzard didn't at least include a variety life TF2), all the characters look pretty much the same (most skins are just recolorings of the original and even the different suits are far from different than the original skin).

I know I shouldn't be comparing to TF2 but at least in TF2 you could have a variety of weapons for different play styles, the hat economy for customizability, and they also had the Man vs Machine game mode which changed things up a bit. I'm really hoping this game will be heavily updated later beause it's not worth the $40 at all right now

if ur on comp i wouldnt... hacks are in play. games gone to shit in 2 weeks

Kill them before they drop N'Zoth.

Bretty good game if you are into shooters you will have fun. its not a game you can sit and play for an entire day. its great in short bursts, worth the $40.

It's unbalanced in several ways but let me highlight one.

In either the enemy team or your team the two characters that dominate really hard (and always tend to get play of game) are Bastion and that Engineer guy. Those two characters just stand in one spot and hold the trigger button. The reload time for them is almost non existent. Almost like a stronger version of D.Va. Engineer could be dicking around and his turrets do all the work an annihilate the enemy team.

At least in TF2 you had the Spy that countered Engineer so he wasn't always dominated games.

Torbjorn ain't that good. OOn console apparantly he's OP but on PC his turrets just get destroyed from range.

Mcree is annoying imo

I find reaper the most annoying. Torbjorn is good, but hardly OP. It's rare that bastion ever gets a kill on me, and if there's a bastion I'll usually just go with junkrat which counters him really well.

That pic holy fuck my sides

usgamer.net/articles/overwatch-fixing-play-of-the-game-is-really-hard

Read that article, but particularly at the end they state that Torbjorn and Bastion are always the one racking up kills because of their mechanics.

Maybe it depends on the ELO you guys play at but for someone who is particularly new, say below level 15. Torbjorn and Bastion will always dominate. Higher level people know how to play against these characters but this can be a huge turn off for someone who just starts the game.

If anyone cares, I main D.Va and Mercy.

Always upvote the healer so they keep playing healer kek