According to you, what is the meaning of life?

According to you, what is the meaning of life?
Does humanity have a purpose, or are we just going towards an inevitable ending, attempting to "live" along the way?

It's said the chance of life existing anywhere in the universe is a near improbability - see the rare earth hypothesis.

Even more so, the chance of you being a complex multicellular organism in a world full of single cellular organisms is again, something like 1 in 100000000000, probably more even more.

Then taking these facts into account, the chance that you were the one sperm that made it into that egg, at that given moment in time and space, is simply quite remarkable.

My point is, the chance of you even existing to read this is pratically a sheer impossibility. So in that case, I try and cherish every moment I'm given on Earth.

I believe the meaning of life is to make the most of the human experience.

Life has no meaning but that which you choose to give it.

In the wise words of the great Biggie Smalls, "Fuck bitches, get money."

meaningless

great post bro

Life is nature's way of keeping meat fresh.

Considering the size of the universe, life is actually almost inevitable.

"what is the meaning of life?" is a silly question. There is no objective meaning, unless you are religious.

Personally, I prefer to be able to decide on my own meaning, my own purpose to life. I don't need some suckhead to tell me what's what.

To reproduce.

Sounds like you've got a lot of hatred towards religion. What's that all about?

Even though I consider religion to be complete and utter nonsense, I have nothing against devout people who practice religion without pushing it on others.

I'm just saying that from a naturalistic point of view, there is clearly no such thing as an objective meaning in life.

>Considering the size of the universe, life is actually inevitable.

No, this is a just a point of view, not a fact. The probability of complex life is a highly controversial topic.
As I mentioned in my post, the rare earth hypothesis opposes your statement; "the Rare Earth Hypothesis argues that the origin of life and the evolution of biological complexity such as sexually reproducing, multicellular organisms on Earth (and, subsequently, human intelligence) required an improbable combination of astrophysical and geological events and circumstances".

Its up to you what you choose to believe, but unfortunately in our lifetime, we'll never know

Do you know what a "hypothesis" is?

Even if the chance of life forming is "1 in 100000000000", considering the vastness of our cosmos, it would still be inevitable.

No man, I think you've got some deep issues. We're on an anonymous image board though so why don't you tell me what's such nonsense and why you're a bigot? How is your life not nonsense?

No, there is no 'meaning of life'.
The entire concept of there just being this cosmic transcendent 'meaning' behind life is ridiculous.

You know what's made with a meaning?
Tools.
Slaves.
Objects to be used.

Created with a purpose; to serve their creator.

Life has no meaning. Be thankful; it means you're free. Free to choose your own meaning, or choose none at all if that's what you want.

Do what you fucking want and stop asking dumb questions.

To experience and learn - so that you may graduate out of this cycle of existence and into the next.

You are a god in training. Being on earth means you're in kindergarten.

6 x 7, you cunt-sponges.

I believe in deep rooted life.

Everyone has a role to fill and they fill it.

Life is to me a fine line of anarchy and rules. I want to live my life for purpose as a cop or something meaningful however. I accept that anarchy is present. I accept some kill and i may one day have to my self for whatever reason.

We spend our years judging and being judged however we still act how we think acceptable and some try to understand this madness with science or reason but there is no reason. Theres just that line. The line that says we are in the right so long as we balance between anarchy such as fighting or killing and order which says not too but we base these on what people tell us. This may seem like im trying to sound deep or something but it purely comes down too.

Some say anarchy rains and some say order rains. The truth is they both exist simulatinously. At the same time. We act rash and think rash but we set our order and stick by it mainly. Im finding this hard to explain. Fuck it you guys probably wont read it. In my head this makes sense.

>How is your life not nonsense?

I don't understand what you're getting at.

I didn't mean to rustle your jimmies if you are religious, so don't get butthurt.

I see what you're saying, but the very statement "considering the vastness of our cosmos, it would still be inevitable" is a hypothesis in its own right. Some experts believe that Earth may be the only one, others disagree. You just cannot know, there is no point in arguing it

I was waiting for the obligatory Hitchiker's reference.

Is the first grain of sand dropping from the top chamber of an hourglass' only purpose to prop up the next grain of sand to land on top of it?

A predictable anarchy that will result in a small mount of sand every time, but with wholly unique structure every time.

I like your philosophy sir. You should major in it if you aren't/haven't. What or who determines the common good? This stuff goes back to Socrates. We need more thinking people such as yourself out there.

Don't try to backpedal now, own up to what you said. I want to know what made you such a bigot too

>the very statement "considering the vastness of our cosmos, it would still be inevitable" is a hypothesis in its own right

No, it's simple probability. If you start from the assumption that the earth isn't one-of-a-kind, then the probability of life elsewhere seems likely.

It's only if you believe the earth to be unique in this respect, that you might think that we are alone in this universe.

Relive countless live until we become one . We are endless

>Don't try to backpedal now

I'm not trying to. Religion is nonsensical. I wouldn't backpedal from that.

Are you saying that I'm a bigot because I don't appreciate your religious views?

we provide a crucial service to the surface of the earth to process harmful materials, convert oxygen, and absorb energy from the sun to keep the surface temperature stabilized and moderate.

otherwise, no purpose. just mobile plants that dont photosynthesize.

41 + 2.

>QED

Thank you.

To be fair i though no one would give a damn. I believe everything makes sense and makes no sense at the same time same as anarchy and order exists.

For example as i said as a Cop i am expected in what i would prefer to stop murderers. But also willing to kill them if needed?

Also i have freedom of choice i can go to school and pick my career and learn however i would prefer no choice and be told 'go here do this heres money fuck off home' and yet with all my freedom of choice when im born i am forced to learn and forced to stay in education wasting 20 years of life when if i had my choice i would spend them earning and enjoying spare time.

I want the life of a gangster but the morals and honor of a cop or politician.

playing with legos

>we provide a crucial service to the surface of the earth to process harmful materials, convert oxygen, and absorb energy from the sun to keep the surface temperature stabilized and moderate.

ITT: opinionated NEETs and masturbation experts

it is blank, you get back what you put in

the 12 yr old is strong in this one

Also thank you i didnt realise my opinion was special in any way. I didnt realise i had new view points. I have considered english and philosophy but for what?

make it worth!!

And what's your view and your station in life?

I too believe anarchy is closer to a law of nature than a political stance or philosophy.

Shit happens, and then based on the first shit that happened, the next shit that happens will be skewed slightly as a result of the first shit being there, and then that just piles on and on until order forms.

No, you're just an honest to god idiot.

"The way philosopher David Chalmers puts it is that the simulation idea is not an epistemological thesis (about how we know things) or a moral thesis (about how/whether we should value things) but a metaphysical thesis (about the ultimate nature of things). If it's true, it's not that trees and clouds and other people don't exist, it's just that trees and clouds and other people have a different ultimate nature than we thought."

"So what? One ultimate reality to which I have no direct access turns out to be a different ultimate reality to which I have no direct access. Big whoop. Meanwhile, the reality I actually inhabit, the one I interact with via my senses and my beliefs, remains the same. Everything is a computer simulation? Whatever. I'm fine with that. It quite literally makes no difference."

Humanity decides itself, with or against itself, whatever. Everything is inevitable. Living is fine.

It's a nice day outside.

>bacon

Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.

Have sex, procreate. Pass down ur genetics.

>near improbability
no it is not
you exist therefor the chances of you existing is 100%
that is a high percentage

survive

To find planet earth

If I gave you the answer would it change you?

Yes, probability predicts that there is much larger chance of there being extraterrestrial somewhere else in the universe other than Earth, given the presumptive sequence of events that led to life here. I'm not denying that.

However, probability also predicts, that given the sheer size of the cosmos, there will likely be one planet that is different from the rest. You can look at it from both ways. Life on Earth may be that example of that near improbability

"meaning" is a human construct. to imply that it, like any other human thought exists beyond us, outside of us, precipitates or preempts us, or lives independently of us is to cross a bridge that leads nowhere.

our range of perception extends to about 2% of the energy spectrum, meaning the other 98% of sound vibration and heat / light energy is undetectable by us.

clearly the so-called "truth" is intentionally obfuscated from us for a purpose. use your imagination, when the truth of one's situation is too awful to bear, intelligent beings keep the truth hidden on purpose.

we are here to do a shit job in other words, and our master is a horrible enslaver who is too wretched to expose itself to us.

now that i've told you, the only salvation is the void. embrace nihilism, allow the empty black leviathan to consume and destroy you. its the only right thing, the no-thing.

You don't understand

Under rated

The ratio of people to cake is too big.

software engineer, remote dev. working in living room right now, $75 / hr.

i win.

no im what you would call a realist. in other words i observe exactly what it is we do, ie "contribute" to our ecosystem, and eschew any type of group doctrine or absolutist dogma. right sheeple?

>However, probability also predicts, that given the sheer size of the cosmos, there will likely be one planet that is different from the rest

I disagree. But even if I were to grant you that, this seems like a less plausible scenario to what I offered you.

But hey, we are talking about probabilities here. Obviously, there is a possibility that earth is one of a kind, and we are all alone.

But what is more likely? That we are unique and alone, or that we are but one of many?

The meaning of life is to live.
Are you wondering a good way to live?
Respect and love the people around you, you'll make friends and a good place for you on this earth.

spoken like a true LHP. samefag btw way.

Win? Whin what?

ctrl-f 42.
nope.

when ignorance is bliss, right user.

kek

I don't know.
And I personally think anyone claiming to know definitively, outside of the personal realm, is a fucking cockhead.

all the cookies. werent you paying attention? read the FAQ before posting.

Happiness

Could you be any more shallow minded and soulless?

Seriously, people like this are like insects - they go through life without ever having a single nuanced thought. Being alive is good enough for them. That, and some feel-good horseshit about being nice.

for what purpose?

I wrote the numbers: You were spose to say its off by one, Ken.

Unless it was you that knew. You wouldn't think they were a cockhead then.

we do not contribute to our ecosystem, you'd have to be an absolute nutter of massive proportions to actually beleive this.

I'd chance that you're not just ignorant, but willingly so.

If I knew, I wouldn't be sharing it. Because there's know way to know if I knew definitively.

>know
no*

no

lets keep this cyphering

"we do not contribute to our ecosystem"

trolling is a lost art, whatever it is you are doing is boring. pic related to the bullshit you were trying to perpetrate.

Survival, evolution and spreading life. Those seem to be the 3 things living organisms are trying to accomplish. I believe the meaning of life is just that, not something each person has individually. Individuals have purposes/roles in their group, but outside of it they have no purpose. So basically, the meaning of human life is to try to survive and develop as a group.

I dont think he understood when you wrote "contributing" in quotes he missed the sarcasm. samefag again btw the way.

I could be a pessimistic shit brained retard constantly wondering why life is so cruel to me.

42, definitely.

Yeh, of course there's a greater probability that extraterrestrial life exists somewhere else.

I just wanted to make the point that there is that some possibility we could be unique.

This is how I'm currently looking at it:

The sequence of events that has led to life is inconceivably improbable. If it was just our solar system? Extremley improbable. Just our galaxy? Still improbable.

The whole universe? Well, then it becomes more probable. But what happens if the number of planets in the universe still isn't sufficient to increase the probability of there being complex life, given how improbable the chance of there being complex life is.
I hope you see what I'm getting at.

Kind of like how Sup Forums is the only place neckbeard faggots like you get to, only, feel like you're a winner.

Behind every happy go lucky Pollyanna there is a bitch waiting for an opportunity to show their true face. You're not as nice as you think you are

I can be nice. I could also fuck your shit. You get how being respectful and kind to people gets a good reaction? A nice thing for yourself. Being a jackass gets your face sho ed back in your own shit.

>I hope you see what I'm getting at.

Not really to be honest.

I don't think there is any need to be so particular about "complex" life. If there is ANY sort of life out there, it's a safe bet that it would follow the same basic principles as life on earth, meaning that simple, single celled life would eventually evolve into more complex organisms.

>Yeh, of course there's a greater probability that extraterrestrial life exists somewhere else.

I was under the assumption that you denied this in your previous posts.

If we are just talking about possibilites, no matter how unlikely, you might as well point out that the sun might actually be a massive dounught made by aliens, and all the research we have on it has been fabricated by the illuminati.

Eat ass

Cringe

/thread

Not the guy you were replying to, but if you're being nice just to reap the benefits of reciprocation, then you aren't really being nice, are you?

In a thread about learning how to live your life, you sure have a propensity to refuse to listen and learn. That's a very important life skills. Have fun having no friends and getting exactly what you deserve every day of your life, and remaining too stupid to see you're the problem.

If you're being nice, you're not really being nice are you?
At least you're making a good practice of it. Maybe one day you'll realize life isn't much more than just doing these things, and intent is justified after the fact.

>listen and learn

I apologize deeply for failing to recognize you for the shining beacon of wisdom that you are, good sir.

I guarantee that the only kind of friends you have are the ones that get patted on the head for being "mature" but can't actually stand being around each other due to finding each other exceedingly dull.

It's 42, spastic, get your fiction quotes right

But the irony is in that this entire image board isn't solely meant to engage individuals on that level. For crying out loud, your posting in the one board that's known for the exact opposite. The very staple and identity of Sup Forums is not that of enlightenment or self-improvement. It's random. It's a free-for-all.

Everyone who is anyone you take issue with is that which either isn't genuine, is genuinely unfortunate, is genuinely aware of the situation, or is here to jerk it to their favorite fetish. Also... this isn't a thread about learning how to live your life. It started out as a thread asking anons about what they consider the "meaning of life" to be.

You need to take a break.

Basically, if the probability of there being life is far less than the number of planets in the universe, then the idea that the life is inevitable somewhere else becomes somewhat devoid of logic.

And no, I never denied there is a greater probability of there being extraterrestrial life than Earth being unique. I just wanted to make it clear anything is a possibility, as you mentioned in your sun dounught analogy.

*you're your yer ur

Not responding to you, because it's clear it's a useless trying to reason with you, using you as an example for my next worldly advice.
The world is full of retards.
Avoid the.

Collect stories you can look back to in the end and pass them to the next generation

having sex with two hot twins and double creampie them

having sex with two smoking hot twins and double creampie them

>that stapler tho