Is it cool to dig Phil Collins again...

Is it cool to dig Phil Collins again? Back in 2012 I got quite a few chuckles for it but looks like it's coming back in style. People younger than me even are taking his music seriously, in a non-ironical way. Time is a flat circle, I suppose.

Phil Collins definitely did not write this post

I mean he's good, but I liked the Peter Gabriel lead vocals Genesis, but that's probably just the prog in me

>implying the first 3 (or even 4) collins albums aren't as prog as the Gabriel albums

2 days ago i sang "Against all Odds" to a 180 lb girl I met on OKcupid

what a shocking opinion

Only acceptable if she lifts

It's not generally cool, unless you mean cool as in passable/fine. I listen to 3-4 Phil Collins songs with no shame, I still don't know why he every now and then gets a bad wrap in british comedy shows. Is he their Nickelback or something?

People who don't like Phil are probably just Gabriel or McCartney fanboys

Phil's first and fourth solo albums were better than anything Gabriel ever produced

In the Air Tonight is becoming popular with young people lately, so I'd say so.

Phil Collins

More like phag Collins

Its the same as liking Billy Joel.

It gets the MILFs wet as fuck

Been a lot of Phil shills lately

but Trick of The Tail is the best Genesis Prog album.

My dad is a Phil Collins fan and listened to his stuff all the time when I was a kid. Pretty much have been raised on the stuff, so I don't mind it.

>My dad is a Phil Collins fan and listened to his stuff all the time when I was a kid
your dad is gay

Who the fuck doesn't love Phil

I never understood the hate for Phil Collins, I guess it was some mid 90's thing.

>expects us to believe this without proof

This

PG is quite obviously the better/more creative musician all around, but collins is still one of the best pop artists. Not sure why anyone should be ashamed to like him.

Disagree. Time must be toroidal in shape.

that's pretty fucking cringe.

i think it was the south park episode that made people hate phil colilns.

I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I’ve heard in rock… Phil Collins’ solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds… But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

I hate hippies and phil collins because of south park