Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong...

Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong, the consequences are not as dire as having incorrectly bet that there is no God.

Math has conclusively proven that God exists, so why do you foolishly choose disbelief?

Reply.

Kek nice baeet

I really dislike these thread "defending" religion while in all reality it is a 12 year old fedora that did the posting trying to bait. There are good way's to make people believe in God, taunting them is not one of those.

It's not enough just to believe

ok

>Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong, the consequences are not as dire as having incorrectly bet that there is no God.
Such shit bait, it would also not be dire if I didn't believe in such you fucking retard

I'm going to be an athiest until the moment before I die, then Im going to proclaim that 'I believe Jesus is the savior, forgive me for my sins.' Boom, Im fucking in.

>There are good way's to make people believe in God
Yeah, brainwashing from infancy is a good way.

Do you believe in morality?

This, which is why I don't believe in such shit because it is so fuckin easy to get into "Heaven"

These are always trolls but Im compelled to bite pascals wager bait...

Part of being non secular is understanding Nihilism.

That we just kind of are, and kind of do as we do.

That we are animals, and mostly run on instinct, and wiring, and whatever programming our brain has from a combination of genetics and upbringing.

If you understood neurology, you know that everything you do originates from some highly specific part of the brain that has evolved delegated tasks.

You would know the very definition of personality (A measurable, persistant set of traits that makes every individual who they are) carries with it the knowledge that we simply think how we think and that a complete change in thinking and behaviour overnight is almost impossible without some huge triggering event.

You'd know that free will is contained within the pre frontal cortex, and is stronger in some than others, and even then, is a system that overrides all personality traits to behave differently.

You'd know that free will also takes a lot of energy and is impossible to sustain for long periods of time, and that you can make changes to your habits and thinking, sure, but they are small and almost pointless to do on purpose.

You'd know that pre determinism holds far more weight than fate. That everything you do is an reflex internal reaction to external stimuli based entirely on your personality, mood, setting and experiences to this moment.

I know all this. And God, if he exists knows all this, plus inifnitely more things than me...

And you suggest hes still up there saying in his southern american baptist accent "You better change who you are and love and believe in a fairy tale with no real proof, or Ima set you on fire forever!!!"

Because God, is a jealous God (petty leftover human emotion that helped primates hate and beat up sex opponents) and loves us.

Nigga PLEEAASE

If a defendant in a criminal case apologizes for his act he often does this to get a lesser sentence. Is he really sorry for what he did? Often not. You cannot just say something and mean it at the same time.

Is killing wrong?

But what if I pick the wrong God?

OP, my holy texts says that if you don't immediately rape the nearest infant to death and turn yourself in to the police, everyone on earth will burn in an eternal hell for all eternity.
According to the delightful little piece of intellectual bravery that is Pascal's Wager, you are logically obligated to go rape infants now, because the alternative is so dire.
>tfw you're a troll
>tfw there's still fags out there who believe that shit

>I know better what you believe than you do

That is for a court of law. This is a discussion about bait here. How would this so called
"God" know if I mean it? He wouldn't, because he doesn't exist. You have to be created to exist, and God can't create himself, thats impossible

why is that picture in every thread debating god? is there some movie im unaware of?

really? still this morality shit? either you don't understand your own argument or you need to educate yourself

I'm so fucking sick of these threads

Just answer me or don't. Don't discard the question.

Is there a morality? Is murder wrong?

if god wanted us to believe he would have created us to believe.

quit wasting your time worrying about it shitposter.

I see these bait threads erryday, and I want to know who is this little kid who serves as the masthead? Is this from some religious movie or some shit?

Satan should know!

In what sense?
The grand scheme?
No, it isnt.. its like a cell eating another cell. We're nothing.

In our own scheme?

Well, we're conscious, we feel, we dont know whats out there, no one asked to be here, no one wants to be here, but we afford ourselves some happiness and moments and we value our lives, no one is deserving of anything, let alone the power to decide which other life is to be ended, and most of all, we're all in this together.

So yeah, killing is wrong, if not only for the fact doing so could seriously cause your own one single life to be fucked up even if you didnt care about anyone else.

By the way, we're social and cooperative animals. We have a complex set of social instincts. Morality is built into us without god or commandments.

In fact having no God means I dont have some book where some higher power who knows more than me commands that I only molest locals, and only buy slaves from other countries, and beat women...

So if anything Im more capable of morality than a religiousfag.

>By the way, we're social and cooperative animals. We have a complex set of social instincts. Morality is built into us without god or commandments.

Is our idea about what is right and wrong leading? What if I have different ideas about right and wrong, what if there is no consequence to my action and I do not feel bad about it? Can you say it is wrong then?

Atheists must believe that there's God! WHY?

Your are an Atheists, have faith that there is no God! then think about this, good luck:

"If there would be no god, There would be no for athiests and theists."

If God does not exist, then there would be no for atheist an theist exist, so therefore God exist.

Now! hear me out.

Anger and hatred only makes memes stronger. The true way to destroy what you dont like on the internet is to ignore it and make sure everyone else ignores it.

You're implying that more than 20% of the populace aren't entirely retarded and interested in their own education, there.

Come here you Catholic faggot I'm going show you what the fuck religion is and why the fuck I choose hell! ! !
Atheist way.

Because hell doesn't exist
Because hell is living on earth
Doesn't even bother saying anything because I know what are you going to say
You are going to say bullshit like "That's all because peoples doesn't have faith and do bad things"
But you didn't even bother to understand them and know why they are doing that all bad things, you didn't even bother to help them just to simply understand the problem and prevent it in the future
Now you are going to say shit like "It's a heresy!" But I didn't make that term only religion did for they own fucking propaganda
If that's not enough in fact you are believe in one guy who used to understand it and help peoples!
In fact if you say he died for our sins
You mean that he died helping peoples in the darkest times and they killed him because he doesn't suit anyone in these times by doing that!
And every single person living there did everything to kill him in a fucking anger
Maybe after that everyone saw all these peoples that he help crying and maybe then they open their eyes wide open and see what have they done!
And they did this because they were manipulated.
And I'm showing you the truth.
And I am doing it all with you right now on this board!
So you can suck my cock and call me Jesus!

I have nothing against religion! But please be normal and think you faggots!

Dicks

Which god? Religions tend to be mutually exclusive and believing in the wrong one will get you sent to hell or whatever by the one that turns out to be real. Not even different kinds of Christians agree on how to get into heaven so HOW THE FUCK would you pick the right one to believe in?

I was expecting a message in the first letters.

I ended up disappointing.

>be on deathbed
>daughter tells me "why not just accept jesus as your god, if you're wrong nothing happens, but if you're right you'll go to heaven"
>i think yea makes sense
>die
>fucking mohammed
>go to hell

DEAL WITH IT

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn’t he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little ATHEIST BAIT thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha. Maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The “epic” ATHEISM guy, isn’t it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it’s ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that’s right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a fucking GIRL FROM THE NEVERENDIN STORY. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic ATHEISMfag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even try to talk with you because all you say is “WHY CAN'T ATHEISTS DEFINE ATHEISM?” You’ve become a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now. And that’s all you’ll ever be.

Kay

I had my own reasons and you are not even single one of them because I can deal with my problems and pieces of shit like you.

Hey OP, are you the originator of these threads or a copycat?

there is a morality
murder - according to the definition - is wrong

not because of any imagined deity, but because of how we evolved and because of our understanding of physical reality

if there is a god, and this god has a plan, nothing is wrong because you're just doing what you were supposed to do anyway

The universe is constantly evolving and changing, is our morality changing too?

of course it is, we are discovering new things about morality, which is why we no longer consider things that used to be considered moral as such. We no longer have slaves because it's immoral, as we have come to learn, etc.

Yet we discarded slavery before we started genociding on the scale of the 20th century. Why should it be a forward movement (if there is such) why not a backward?

Oh look, it's that same stupid troll that keeps asking the same damn questions and using Childlike Empress every single day! Please, stop spamming this site already with your inane, stale bait. Good day!
PS: I wonder if you even look at your own threads after starting them. If only I were an admin, I’d permaban you…

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEE{Oh look, it's that same stupid troll that keeps asking the same damn questions and using Childlike Empress every single day! Please, stop spamming this site already with your inane, stale bait. Good day!
PS: I wonder if you even look at your own threads after starting them. If only I were an admin, I’d permaban you…

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP FALLING FOR THIS BAIT?!

The scale is only due to the fact that we have much more powerful weapons. Are you saying that someone considers genocide moral?

It's the newfags or summerfags that fall for the bait

Obviously they felt it was moral, as there is no standard of morality in their eyes besides the moral reasoning they give to it themselves. It sounds in your last post as if you are saying that you are saying that it was not acceptable to have slaves in the ancient day's but we accepted it. It seems as if you are saying that the things were wrong then too, but we just did not know it. Meaning morality has been pretty stable.

Since when does this stable morality from which we more and more discover exist?

I'm saying that, given certain premises, there are objective truths we can discover about morality. Owning people as property is wrong. Not because some imaginary god says so (in fact, gods generally say the contrary), but because of the veil of ignorance principle and because we have established that being free is preferable to being a slave.

Take my chances... Fag

Let's not try to get twisted into scripture just yet, as there is always a lot of misunderstanding and different kind of interpretations.

Just let me ask you this: Why is being free better? You would lock up an animal, but not a human, why is it bad to lock up a human? What hint does the universe give us that locking them up is wrong. And also, the last question since when is this so?

That's why you should worship Wodan and be an hero. Just to be safe.

What if Heaven is a lie and believing in a religion actually damns you?

paradox entertainment

It's better being free because we agree that it generally is. There is no other authority. We are evolved apes with certain characteristics, and one of these characteristics is that our brain evolved to prefer freedom to lack of it. Had we evolved differently, morality would be different.

The universe doesn't have to give as any hint.

Pls no

us*

Some prefer being bonded, some would vote for nazi parties that would keep them enslaved. But then again this means that because our mind tells us that it is right it is right, then it is right for me to rationalize murdering someone because the end result would be "good". If our mind is the repository of our morality then anything can go as long as our mind can dream up a fitting morality for it. Pol Pot must not have been wrong, he must have been right on his own account.

Also if it came from evolution (which is an ongoing proces) it might change. Would it be possible for murder to be good at some point? And I do not mean accepted, but acceptable.

If we accept god exists and function by that, then we can trace everything back to divine plan. I go out and gun down a hospital, god's plan. Family doesn't have enough money to bribe the surgeon so he lets the patient die, god's plan. Millions hunger and live in misery, god almighty will provide. If we accept god, we might gain an afterlife that may or may not exist. But we lose this life that we know exists. And if god is up there, how do you think he will like us throwing away his most valuable gift, the gift of life?
Stupid childlike-empressposter.

hey :(

As I said, "generally". There's no universal rule. Morality is something you examine on a case-by-case basis.

And yes, of course it might change, I've already said that it has, in fact, already changed several times. If what you are trying to imply is that there is some kind of absolute standard for morality, you'll have to demonstrate it.

God doesn't exist??? Then why the fuck they doing that shit at the Gotthard tunnel ceremony??

I can, I can point to pol pot and say it is wrong, I can point to Hitler and say it is wrong, I can point to Stalin and say he was wrong. But what I cannot test that basis on is look at the universe as we generally see it to be and say it is.

If you say that there is no universal rule and that morality changes then acceptable and accepted must be synonyms and not two words which mean something different. Then you cannot look at the past and say that slavery was wrong. You should not have tried to change it if you were in those day's even if you could for it would have been wrong.

If it is on a case to case basis, then I give you the challenge to demonstrate why all those mass murderers now and today were wrong. We probably both feel they are wrong, but we miss the tools to say that they are.

Either that or right and wrong have always existed and predate the universe as we know it.

Basically once the world gets rid of whiteness, god will reveal himself. Can't be around the profane.

Movie: Neverending Story

The only way

Jokes on you, my mom is already dead.

Believing in a god isn't a choice.

True

fuck you.

kek

Amen

pascals wager doesnt take into account, that theres 200 active religions with different gods requiring different behavior to achieve salvation. Believing in a god just in case not only isnt enough, but u r most probably just believing in the wrong god

Gods a cunt and so are you.

hhhhh

way do diminish the range a spear gives with this shit way of holding it

Is this a real picture?

Not sure.