But when it is jokingly suggested that, had Shields released m b v in 1994, as initially planned...

>But when it is jokingly suggested that, had Shields released m b v in 1994, as initially planned, he could have kiboshed Britpop, his mood changes. "Britpop was massively pushed by the government," he says. "Someday it would be interesting to read all the MI5 files on Britpop. The wool was pulled right over everyone's eyes there."

wait, what?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/music/2013/oct/03/my-bloody-valentine-kevin-shields-interview
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get woke

He's Irish

governance always desperate for the perfect opiates
gettin harder and harder with dead gods and dying art
drugs gonna get legal and soon for this reason

Redpilled as fuck

You think Kevin is IRA pride world wide or is he UDF or die?

>mfw this is an actual quote
>mfw the government is doing it again with the oasis reunion post-brexit

Isn't well known that he's kinda fucked in the head?

forgot mf

there's a very deep resentment towards britpop within certain parts of the british music press and scene that's tied up with what was happening politically and socially at the time. it becomes especially apparent if you read the blogs of music journalists of that era or like, the quietus- many of them were forced to pay attention to shit third-rate britpop in their jobs at major publications at the expense of more interesting music. for them it was synonymous with the rise of lad culture and the cultural death of british music.

he's from the south you mong

Good to know a complete idiot makes completely idiotic music.

I feel so redeemed.

theguardian.com/music/2013/oct/03/my-bloody-valentine-kevin-shields-interview

WTF, it's real

What? Britpop and the government being in bed with each other? That's crazy talk

There is no basis to those accusations at all

delete this shit right now

Is that any surprise? Of course governments push media onto people, especially if it aids in promoting an agenda they desire. It's like the ties between rap and the prison industrial complex, just less dark and depressing.

I wouldnt even mind if labour started pushing lad culture again instead of muzzie love and open borders

I think you're looking too far into it if you're seeing any links at all

>anyway, heres Wonderwall
Bluepilled sheeple

>inb4 the user who posted this commits suicide by shooting himself in the head three times

Trips confirm
RIP

I don't know why. I am making no suggestions that there is any relation between popular Britpop artists and members of the political establishment.

holy shit those eyebrows

This doesn't make any sense.