Was she racist Sup Forums?

Was she racist Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nico#Racism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Wilson_(record_producer)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Nico#Racism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i hope so

Probably, but does it really matter?

She spent her final years living in Mexico or thereabouts, so probably not.

Of course, she attacked a black women with a broken bottle at a restaurant while screaming racial slurs.

yeah but she's dead now so who cares

Yes, she was

lou reed doing a gay voice

This

what makes you say that

just hearsay

it's frustrating how that has been established as a fact just because some guy said so

there's no proof of this. literally a nobody said it happened and everyone took his word for it

I was there, user. It happened.

Yeah but she seems like the crazy personality type that would be a neo nazi or some shit.

>Nico was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. Her friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped her sign to Elektra Records, described her as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Nico, I'm Jewish,' and she was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.'

>She had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that she was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view she appears to have continued to maintain throughout her later years.

>According to Fields, Nico once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people".

>During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Nico performed the German national anthem "Deutschlandlied", including a verse omitted since 1945 for its nationalist associations.[23]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nico#Racism

>nationalist associations.
>bad thing
wow germany sure has been cucked for a long time

nationalism is a spook

lou reed doing a *racist voice

kek

That last part with her singing the anthem with the censored verse still in it... That seems more of a fighting against censorship then trying to be racist. The didn't write that song, just sang it the way it was made to be..

She gave very few interviews so I don't know where you're getting that vibe from her. I don't think she seems crazy at all.

The fact that her favorite instrument was the indian harmonium seems to indicate that she was at least appreciative of other cultures.

Her singing one banned verse while performing a gloomy version of a national anthem proves nothing.
As for her being racist, you can see that Fields is the only source. For all we know, he could've made it all up for attention.

very, but still a good artist

Didn't Danny Fields also say that Lou Reed was racist and anti-semitic? The latter of which seems kind of unlikely being as he was Jewish

lou reed hated everyone. Especially himself

I thought that recent book or biopic or whatever revealed that Lou was a complete asshole to like everyone

Lou hated jews because he was one. His jew parents were horrible to him so he has some issues with them.

>Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Nico, I'm Jewish,' and she was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.'

The thing I don't understand the most is why people let someone's personal life affect your enjoyment of their music. If you truely knew all the deep dark hidden secrets of your favorite artists there would be lots of things that shock you into never wanting to listen to them again.

Personally, I don't care if they're a rapist or pedo or nazi or what. Unless that gets in the way of their music, it's better to separate the music star from the person.

wtf I love Nico now

fields also is a jew, so, y'know...

surely it had nothing to due with the specific nationalist movement in question

nationalism is sorely underrated these days

Fields' only intention was to ruin her reputation.
I'm pretty sure they had a fallout before Nico's death and he was trying to get back at her. His plan sort of worked considering it has been established as a fact that she was a sociopathic Nazi, even though you can find no evidence of that in any of her songs/interviews.

i think after starting a war with half the planet 'germany germany above all else in the world' becomes harder to associate with the original author's intent

*overrated

stupid
smart

*falling out

That black man is responsible for lot of great stuff

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Wilson_(record_producer)

the world doesn't consist of only america, burger.

tru dat

>the world doesn't consist of only america, burger.

pretty sure it does

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nico#Racism
Interesting comment from the Wikipedia page's "Talk" section:

>The charges of racism seem to come from people not "getting her" wit and due to her German background - much was made of her dumping Lou Reed with the words "I can no longer sleep with a Jew"; this was obviously just facetious dark humour in the drag queen style of her peers, second she refers in an interview to the time she assaulted the black woman in America by saying it was done because the woman had said something stupid. Apparently saying that the blacks have it hardest; not well taken by an intoxicated Nico who had lost her Father to the Nazis, been poor and started work young, been raped as a teen and ever felt responsible that the perpetrator who was a serial rapist was executed, who'd had paternity of her son denied, and several failed relationships including the death of perhaps the love of her life etc. To refute the racism charge are several things; a song by Marianne Faithful in tribute to her and also an interview I believe, in which she says she is innocent, Nico complaining in some interview that people assume being German equals being racist, Nicos rendition of the German National anthem which actually satirises the theme of Germany being a supreme country, and an interview in which Nico declines to identify with a Nation. Clearly she knew from experience how ugly Nationalism is. Lastly look at Nicos love of Jazz and where Nico chose to live - Manchester. A section on race views deals with intangibles and evidence up for interpretation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Nico#Racism

Yeah and still keeping her delusions while on drugs

Makes sense though

>second she refers in an interview to the time she assaulted the black woman in America by saying it was done because the woman had said something stupid.
source?

Only ironically.

this is meaningless