The album was a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music)

>The album was a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music).

?????????

>greentexts something that's actually true

You didn't use parenthesis correctly

Who are you quoting?

Scruffi

I'll never understand what the fuck he's talking about. The only song that can apply too is karma police and maybe no surprises or lucky

[citation needed]

what is he supposed to cite? it's an opinion

>a decent rock band discovers pro tools

And that's exactly what it sounds like

OKC doesn't even try to be avant garde though
except for Fitter Happier I guess

citation for Radiohead claiming to be avantgarde
The album was recorded live in a house. What you are hearing is the band playing altogether. besides.

Also it was recorded to tape, not ProTools.

It's basically krautrock made in the 90s. The drums, the production, the guitars, everything. That's why it's nowhere near avantgarde. That does not make the album less enjoyable, so I guess Scaruffi is angry at the reputation it has.

>That's why it's nowhere near avantgarde
Did it claim to be?

It also applies to their entire discography.

I guess if you only liked dadrock you might find it interesting.

>Troubled by new acts he felt were imitating Radiohead,[2] Yorke believed his music had become part of a constant background noise he described as "fridge buzz",[3] and became openly hostile to the music media.

Not seeing where it says "we are avantgarde".

Try again?

>Troubled by new acts he felt were imitating Radiohead
He must have thought of it as something unique. Had he not, he wouldn't have been angered by the copycats. Why was he not angered by the imitation his band had created? Because he must have thought of it as something new.

Still not a citation of Radiohead claim to be avantgarde

Try again?

He made this comment on the OK Computer tour, after the album was already done and released.

Nice try though.

Are you pretending to be stupid?

Ooops you meant to quote

Sorry about that!

The band did have a sampling and sequencing set-up, although loops were used only on 'An Airbag Saved My Life'. "It's made up of lots of drum loops of Phil playing. It's all a bit sort of tatty; it's roughness is it's strength. The rest of the tracks are live; if there's a sample its a sound that we made, or a sound that Thom found and had an idea to use." As for click tracks, they were used for establishing tempos on some songs, and then switched off. "Obviously clicks will hold you back, expression wise. They're useful as a tool, but they can take the performance out of it." Recording was onto Otari MTR-90II two-inch: "When you're recording a band, two-inch is great, 'cause you can wobble it about and cut it up and that is like another part of recording. I do a lot of two inch editing. With analogue tape you can do whatever you want with it, you can throw it on the floor, you can record it too hot and you know it sounds okay."