There is nothing more satisfying than a polished, mahogany box. I really like my G80x, what's your favorite?

There is nothing more satisfying than a polished, mahogany box. I really like my G80x, what's your favorite?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/48-Bolton-Tools-Manual-Hand-Finger-Box-Pan-Brake-Bender-16-Gauge-Nice-/371625611543
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit bait is shitty

I make my own, pleb.

This thread is for collectors and enthusiasts, please troll somewhere else amigo.

My apologies. I'll leave you to your faggotry

>ambihelical hexnut
>not trihelical octanut
Nice try, enjoy your low quality entrance hole and submechanism, plebian.

Done be mad just because you don't have one, they're not hard to find, user.

I'm working on a budget faggot, let's see you make a good fingerbox for under $2000 CAD.

I haven't used mine in a while honestly, it is really more like a childhood trophy more than an actual fingerbox.

mahogany with an inner teak inlay cost me 389 usd Hungarian made estimated to be about 250 years old

Forgive me, user. Most collectors have money to blow, as FB collecting tends to be very expensive and isn't common among people of lower economic brackets. You know this, of course, I'm just saying. If you're making them for even under 3500 CAD, then I applaud your determination.

Fucking hipster. You know nobody can tell the difference between a Hungarian and newer Austrian one, right?

Nice e-box, but I'll always prefer wood (especially mahogany) for its rustic feel. Even the plastic boxes feel too... cheap I guess.

Maybe, but the Old Austrian style is very distinct. That how historians know for a fact which fingerbox belonged to Hitler. It was a classic Old Austrian make with a gold inlay of the Reich eagle.

Mahogany...

I've never been sure about the multi hole models, I'm a solo digit guy.

lets see your finger box and how do you know what type it is do you even understand the complex wood structure inter layering hexagonal struts? youll notice the austrian boxes have much less sarndex you low level collector

a fingerbox is just with 1 finger you god damn retard. thats just one of those baby shapes toys

Can anyone give me some ideas on a good starter box. Always wanted to get into this after trying my friends but i'm pretty lost on what to get. Any suggestions?

also the hungarian boxes have larger finger holes

I was in a thread last night talking about the legend of the Fingerbox of Richard the Lionheart, anyone want to hear it? I was just reading up on it, it's fascinating.

that is not mahogany lol

well you want a combo of style price feel and of course mechanics so oak is cheaper but the feels not quite right mahogany with teak inlay is best but will cost you upwards of 400 dollars

You must be new, that is clearly an antique social fingerbox, used commonly in the early 20th century in parlors.

thanks user, I will look into it

social finger boxes are one of the most valuable

nice design! what kind of wood do you use typically?

dont just make shit up stupid. the peddling fag antique dealer that told you that buymyshit story was lying

Doesn't anyone... wonder what these are??

>still using the G80x
>in 2016

Come the fuck on, dude. You're still holding on to that piece of shit?

If you want to stop being a useless fucking subhuman, you should get the F90B. Velvet lined finger-holes. A hole for your thumb. The G80x (or the G60P, for that matter) don't have that.

All that AND you can get it in oak or rosewood.

ebay.com/itm/48-Bolton-Tools-Manual-Hand-Finger-Box-Pan-Brake-Bender-16-Gauge-Nice-/371625611543
Found this party box on ebay, used but good price for the size.

"Le Corbusier" FB from the 20's. My grandfather bought it from the french architect/designer himself on a Maltese ship, when he was still making a name for himself in the industry. My family has it in a Swiss Vault, but grandpa let me try it for my 18th birthday. It's a beautiful object and the mechanism is certainly ingenious, but nothing like the traditional Jaavanese fingerbox I brought back from a trip to Indonesia.

I prefer maple wood, or cherry.

>he thinks thats a fingerbox
thanks for proving my point i guess

Whoah you're right, the dealer went on for like 20 minutes about antique boxes. Have I been swindled? Blast!

play harder faggot

Rosewood? Thumb hole? I'm convinced. The experience must be amazing.

I have a WWII era NAZI fingerbox made of jewskin

ikr lel

that sounds expensive

I have two fingerboxes, but one is for my dick. The other one is the made-in-Niger three-holed birchwood fingerbox. Got a great deal on it, too

Very funny, user. Skin is impossible to use for fingerboxes due to its natural oils and aversion the the inner mechanism. Gr8 b8 m8

It's like nothing else, and I say that with no exaggeration. I seriously think the F90B is going to revolutionize the fingerbox market.

I'm sure we all remember the fingerbox renaissance of '58-73, and I really foresee it bringing on that kind of explosion of quality aesthetic beauty again in the near future.

I hear they go for about $350.00 these days.

this thread is for serious collectors you plebe

Who could forget those golden years? Many boxes from that era are still called "golden oldies", like the music genre. I hope we get to see a revolution like that in our lifetime, it might even change the world.

never underestimate German ingenuity and craftsmanship

Why wouldn't you just get prefab guts and cnc the container?

The G80x isn't satisfying at all to me. I know it's really subjective, but the patterns in the wood's vertices don't come off quite as... ...pleasurable to the touch as the G70x.

I won't lie, it is. A new one runs about $600. Although you can get it used for about $400 (but don't do that).

But it's worth every single penny, believe me. Once you get your fingers in, you'll know. That kind of quality and comfort is unheard of these days. Hell, go to your local dealer and see if he'll let you try one out!

Checked, but there's still no way, unless...

why wouldn't you stop being a faggot and asking stupid questions. I bet you don't even cast your chassis.

that's not too bad considering prices for quality boxes these days some of the cheaper ones just have awful grain flow and I need a quality box that will withstand many hours of use

>actually own fingerboxes
>morons make fingerboxes look like a joke.
Fuck my life

I'll use meme arrows to illustrate this point.
>2016
>not using natural mineral oil to prevent chassis chafage
>lol ur a pleeb

Single-hole? No inside lining? Why would I wanna buy that?

That's not even a fingerbox, I bet its mechanism is sub par at best, if it even has one.

>current year
>bronze age manufacturing techniques

DYEFB?

Exactly what im talking about

Nice box, thanks for sharing user. I'd put my digit in there if ya know what I mean

I'd like to find a velvet lined 5 hole gold trimmed titanium body and a tungsten 3/4 gear mechanism with hexant-mil drives

Jesus, look at the rough edges on that lower one! I don't like splinters with my fingerboxes, thank you. That looks like a fingerbox a kindergartener would make.

Godspeed user. I think only ten were made, ever.

Nice dubbbz, too bad they're low quality "fingerboxes" here's a mid quality common T299

I need one my it will be my 50,000$ collections' crown jewel and then I can die a happy finger-box collector.

Fucking millennials, want all your boxes assembled and waiting to be fingered with no respect as to what went into crafting them. fml.
pic related, my great grandfathers FB.

>being this stupid

Pic related

That would make a great fbox

I was going to make a DIY project. I narrowed down the choices to realistic-looking lightsaber, and deluxe fingerbox. Since the lightsaber would only be the handle, and I'd have to add some cheezy plastic shite for the blade (and what good would it do me?) I decided to make the fingerbox instead. It would be more useful and have more lasting value.
My gf actually kinda made my mind up for me lol. I told my wheelchair-bound father I had decided to build a fingerbox and he told me it was a very important decision, and great responsibility, and he was damn proud of me.
Now, like I said, this is going to be a deluxe fingerbox, so it's going to have 16 holes, absolute minimum. I am debating whether to install a back panel (which makes it non-regulation, but fuck regulations) and if I decide to add an electronic control system, I will probably go with Arduino. (Also, I haven't ruled out adding a magic flap but that might be excessive.)
What does Sup Forums think about this? Oh yeah, also, I'm on the fence about whether to use cross-drilled or drilled-and-slotted anchors. Which is better for this type of application?

what the fuck are these things

Uh-huh. That's baby's first fingerbox if I ever saw it. SERIOUS COLLECTORS ONLY. GET OUT.

lol srsly?

Nice ruse dude.

This thread is for collectors and connoisseurs only. Please leave.

LOL OMFG what are these thingstill for guyz??????????

Noone tells me :)

lel newfag doesnt know what a fingerbox is

You really don't know?

wtf is a fingerbox

Kys

i don't get it

I remember my first dubs. Checked. I bet you don't even know what I'm talking about lol noob

Okay, if you're going to install a magic flap you'd might as well leave out the back panel anyways firstly so you stay regulation but secondly because it's too big of a project if you wanna do both, and a magic panel is way more worthwhile. That said, you'll have to use drilled-and-slotted anchors if you do use the magic flap without a back panel which is quite a bit more tedious than the cross-drilled anchors.
Just my opinion though. Do what you want.

Looooool u don't know? Huehuehuehue

It's a fingerbox.
I'm not sure what else to tell you. Your parents should have told you already.

Looooool u don't know? Huehuehue

get out scrub collectors and connoisseurs only

childhood basics really I guess some just are late bloomers

GF just order her new FB from russia, it's disguised to look like a vap.

I recently got the Skarp AT7, man, that thing is the fucking bomb. The gyrolator is made out of graphene, which i've never seen before. it's amazing.

but does have premium atlas drives with 3/4 gear ratio?

You fuckong moron thats jason bateman playong batman

Feels awfully summer in here guys

>graphene gyrolator
I want one

Just do a regulator mod.
Same effect for like a 3rd of the price.
You need be able to braze the corner joints though

Nah, what you're saying makes sense. Thanks for the guidance, Sup Forumsro! I was about to bite off more than I could chew!

How does it taste?

This is not bait fucktard

>e-box