Holy fuck did he just improvise the lyrics to every song

Holy fuck did he just improvise the lyrics to every song

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyrhythm
youtube.com/watch?v=3abc2U956H8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I WANNA SWALLOW YOUR WHOOOLE 'N I WANNA LIIIICK YOUOOU EVERYWHEEERE IT'S PIIIINK 'N EVERYWHEREEE YOU THIIIINK

have you heard of this thing called abstract art, because this is the lyrical version

>play me a strawberry
what did he mean by this?

MY SMILE IS STUCK

I CANNOT GO BACK TO YOUR MEMELAND

No, he shat out a really bad album that poseurs and pricks pretend to like because they want it to seem like they have good taste

wtf I hate montie now

>you didn't ALWAYS hated him
wew lad

>unable to have fun with "experimental" music
go back to your indie shit, montie

not liking tmr is fine but shitting on it is the most insecure reaction possible

JUST KEEP COMIN JESUS
YOU'RE THE BEST DRESSED

Oops lol ya seemed to have put the quotes around the wrong word, I'll greentext it for ya buddy
>unable to have fun with experimental "music"
:^]

>Dachau blues those poor jews
>Dachau blues those poor jews
>Down in Dachau blues, down in Dachau blues
>Still cryin' 'bout the burnin' back in world war two's
>One mad man six million lose
>Methinks it wasn't enough, six million were few
>Down in Dachau blues down in Dachau blues
>Dachau blues, Dachau blues those poor jews

Damn... Really makes you think.

a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast n bulbous, got me?

THOSE PFFFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOHHR JEWS-

What do you expect from a horse fucker?

Says the Oasis fanboy

How many listens until it clicked, Sup Forums?

TMR is certainly a grower. I still don't enjoy it very much.

Sometimes I don't understand why you post here. Does posing us off get your jollies going?

i always put off listening too this album

so far at first i thought frownland was a mess but then i started hearing the bass and it was like 7/10 after that

Just two desu. The first time I listened to it I thought it was hot garbage, mostly because I wan't into music at the time and just listened to it becuase it's considered one of the best albums of all time. Then a few years later I gave it another go and loved it

I'm wondering if it ever did click with me.

I don't have a deep love of TMR but I certainly do appreciate it's uniqueness.

I hate you guys so much it's unexplainable.
This album is so awful on every level, literally no coherent human would enjoy it.

Unless they're Fontano's gay minions.

>getting so butt-blasted because people enjoy something you dislike
autism

>LITERALLY one of the most critically acclaimed albums of ALL TIME can only be appreciated by fantano drones
you're a 15 year old who 'got into' music last year, right?

Montie, I generally agree with you on this but you're wrong here, and even, dare i day it- tasteless. TMR is definetly the only good one of the avant teen rock list. Shit like cardiacs and residents is just that- tasteless shit for posers, but tmr is legitimately a good rock album.

I found this album on a CD when I was helping a friend move, apparently someone gave it to him as a joke. He listened to 30 seconds of the first track and then never touched it again. After my first listen I kept it in my car for like 6 months. It was the only CD I had in there so I listened to it dozens of times.

Only thing that really put me off on the first listen were tracks like hair pie, neon meate dream, and his voice. Loved tracks like Pachuco Cadaver/When Big Joan Sets Up first time I heard them.

At this point the only track I can say is trash is Hair Pie: Bake 1. Everything else is great. I can understand why its so critically acclaimed, its becomes fucking addicting at some point. I couldn't stop listening to it for probably 3 months.

If you don't appreciate something first time around its either not for you or its bad music. GTFO with this retarded "hurr durr multiple listen xD" shit, you're just forxing yourself to like it at that point.

>t. 16 year old

>t. 17 year old

this can go on all night

You're still obviously underage. Its obvious you saw the "I'm 16 and really into music" meme and thought to yourself "hehe, I'm not like that. After all, I like TMR." Thing is, TMR, can, residents, all that shit is the 2.0 version of that. Once you get through enough music you realize not liking TMR sometimes is more of a valid opinion than liking it even, considering most of its "fans" are people like
that force themselves to like it just to look artsy and "get it", when there is nothing to "get" to begin with.

>talking shit on can

opinion discarded

>Can
I can understand TMR and Residents, but really? Can?

It's amazing how masturbatory this manages to be while wholly lacking in talent

Like I said, you're new to music. Can did nothing but adapt stockhausen and Coleman tier rythyms to a rock format, and the end result is horribly unengaging and tasteless. It has no passion or driving goal for "experimental rock", but rather retreads already crossed territory in more rhythmic and intricate genres and converses into a far less able genre resulting in watered down ambitionless garbage. You can tell can is a German band because while highly rhythmic and "intelligent" it absolutely uncreative and soulless. I honestly just assume anyone who checks out can in the record store is just a poser trying to look tasteful at this point, since its true almost every time.

Is this what it's like when you escape Sup Forums?

me and my girl named bimbo...
limbo...
spam.

not true

I hated several of my current favorite albums the first time I heard them.

Is this pasta?

so Tom Waits lists this album as one of his main influence, and listening through it I can definitely see a lot of beefheart in his sound and at times his music sounds nearly identical

but man, I just can't dig this album. I adore Tom Waits with all my heart and even seeing the resemblances, TMR just lacks the things I like about Tom Waits and then doesn't give me anything else to like. I don't get why

I'll try to explain why people appreacite the album:
>There are certainly some unpleasant and maybe out of place songs (Hair Pie: Bake 1), I agree. But there are also some memorable and enjoyable songs that represent the nature of the album perfectly - Moonlight on Vermont, Pachuco Cadaver, Ella Guru, Frownland. It's about deconstructing Delta blues and blues rock to it's roots and mixing them with avant-garde, jazz, free jazz and experimental motifs. There's polyrhytmic drumming, which is a main part of free jazz, then there are slide guitar and straight up blues licks. Captain's voice might be off putting and harsh on this album, but he's a great blues singer, which is definitely showcased on his less critically and slightly more commercial albums (Unconditionally guaranteed, Bluejeans & Moonbeams). If you're familiar with Howlin' Wolf, Captain's voice is Howlin' Wolf x10.
>Try listening to his first album - Safe as milk. It's a great blues rock album and although it's an indication of things to come, it's still accessible and one of the best in his discography. I understand that it's really hard to appreciate this album and similar albums, if you're not a musican. That's not to say that you need to be a musican in order to enjoy and appreciate music. And of course, you don't have to like every single album you've heard. Polyrhytmic drumming is really common in free jazz, but not in rock and blues, so that's why it sounds off to you. Polyrhytms are two separate rhythms played at the same time - which is impressive from a technical standpoint and impressive in the context of time in which the album was made.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyrhythm
There are examples of how they're used and by which musicians. It's an interesting read.

Appreciate*

I'm a fan of polyrhythms, a fan of abrasive and noisy music, a fan of outright sloppy/bad sounding music... but idk man, Trout Mask Replica just hasn't captivated me or made me want to understand it. Not saying its bad, not even saying it's not my cup of tea because by all means it should be. Maybe it's just a step towards clicking but I can't bring myself to be interested enough to keep trying I guess

Safe as Milk is amazing but I can't even get thru the first track of TMR.

well the first two tracks are among the least accessible.
Listen to moonlight on vermont, sugar n spikes or elle guru

The musicians who played on Trout Mask Replica are outstanding musicians, unlike The Shaggs for example. They may sound sloppy, but that's how Don wanted them to sound. They've practiced the material for almost 12 hours and recorded the album in 6 hours. This docummentary might give you a better insight of the process the musicians went through in order to record the album:
youtube.com/watch?v=3abc2U956H8

years