He listens he's music on shuffle

>he listens he's music on shuffle

>he doesnt listen to music exclusively in albums, start to finish in order

>t. rockist

>He doesn't load an entire discography into a multidisc record player and lock himself in a chair until a music triggered lockbox opens with the key on the last song's final note.

The concept of "cohesive albums listened to exclusively in order" began in the late sixties with edgy rock musicians who tried to make their dumb psychedelic jamming "intellectual" by trying to compare it to literature or cinema. However, all popular music is inherently non-intellectual, and thus you should only listen to songs you like in whatever order you like, and it is recommended you do so in playlsits of songs you like.

Is there any Android Music Player that shuffles music by albums?

>he doesn't know about 50s jazz albums
Alright.

What do you mean?

Rockist jazz that was never advertised as "muh cohesive concept album only for listening to in its entirety in one sitting?

>Rockist
>was never advertised as "muh cohesive concept album only for listening to in its entirety in one sitting?
Choose one.
If it wasn't advertised that way, how is it rockist?

Because rockists forced that perception.

I have the slight doubt you are baiting, but I can still see your point. Not that I agree, but it makes sense in some ways.
As for myself, I prefer listening to full albums just for the sake of organization.

im guessing he means shuffles the album playlist rather than all songs or the songs within each

ITT: autism

If this is what you mean, most music player do this, which one are you using?

ur dumb

>implying cohesive music experiences started with concept albums.

d*ng...

They did not, but they began in intellectual art music where such things mattered. Popular music is meant to be listened to fun and nothing more. Rockists attempting to intellectualize it just resulted in cringe protest bullshit instead of beautiful musical commentaries on war and the human condition.

They didn't, but it's silly to force that perception onto all pop music. Not everything is fucking Thick as a Brick or something.

I listen to the white album with all songs in the same folder, so it goes track 1 disc 1, track 1 disc 2, track 2 disc1, track 2 disc 2, etc.

its a rad as fuck experience.

Every artist, even the most pop-focused ones, make a conscious, artistic decision in the tracklisting and presentation of their work, and therefore it is a disservice to listen to it on shuffle.

Of course, listening to songs from an album is fine, and almost all pop stars do not actually put that much though in, but if I am going to listen to an album I will listen to it in order.

That's not true of all albums, let alone in genres where the album isn't even the predominant format

Is it not true for all albums? Perhaps it isn't the artist themselves that make the decision, but at some point a decision was made.

Sure a decision was made, but if you've got a collection of unrelated short stories is it really absolutely necessary to read them in the order they're presented in? I don't know, I think it really depends on the artist and content. Some albums are obviously made up of tracks that are thematically linked in a way that makes the order important, but I simply don't think that's always the case. Compare Minor Threat's discography to A Prince Among Thieves or something like that.

Even albums with disconnected tracks can have an "arc" or deliberate sequence. I say its good to give the artist the benefit of the doubt and just listen to the album's tracks in order. I've heard heavily singled top 40 pop albums that I was able to find structure in, like pic related.

jazz didn't start as an album genre, rock did

wait fags are using the phrase rockist unironically? is it leddit?

Well, yeah, Kanye is an album oriented artist. Hip-hop in general tends to be pretty album oriented these days, barring the prevalence of mixtapes (even some of those are more set up like albums though). I wouldn't approach techno in the same way though, generally. Unless it's some artist that's super famous for their albums like Autechre.

Yeah, of course you wouldn't approach techno in the same way. Techno and other /bleep/ music is primarily released as singles and EPs, and only rarely as albums.

>all popular music is inherently non-intellectual
prove it