youtube.com/watch?v=HjzfUDZ5xiI
youtube.com/watch?v=xAzcUa2cL7w
youtube.com/watch?v=rgwRqPoM_zg
youtube.com/watch?v=BtQ0i3oOYdc
ephemerallandscapes.bandcamp.com/album/ephemeral-landscapes
youtube.com/watch?v=E3dT804ZAlg
youtube.com/watch?v=rVsYosoXQO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post and rate what you're blasting. So far this is a 6/10, i'm digging the drums and riffwork, but something about the vocals is off, like it's almost artificial.

Forgot pic

Last thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kWiRMI88cPE
so far im liking it, 6.5 but im not halfway through yet so that can change

Currently falling asleep to Torture Chain. Have to get up pretty early.

Not the "trvest" album, but I'm relaxing for a bit before going into some night time BM.

9/10, one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard.

hey

youtube.com/watch?v=HjzfUDZ5xiI

Is there such a thing as a Nwobhm black metal band? I mean like budgie or diamond head nwobhm not motorhead worship.

Fuck that, let's talk about DsO's latest. I just finished listening to it

finishing solens vemod, love the album.
if any user could rec me something like sunhopfer/forteresse i'd be very thankful

What's some powerful BM? Stuff like Bathory, Windir, or Summoning that make you want to go raid a village.

youtube.com/watch?v=xAzcUa2cL7w

bout 7/10

bathory windir and summoning are good jumping off points

you cheeky cunt

Re-listening to Shining because it's so good. Probably 9/10.

youtube.com/watch?v=rgwRqPoM_zg

Just found this, so far it's around 7/10 but I'm barely into it

Darkthrone - New Wave of Heavy Black Metal

:^)

(but for real, check out: , it's basically black'n'roll with some NWOBHM-style solos)

One of the most powerful BM albums ever recorded fampai

youtube.com/watch?v=BtQ0i3oOYdc

Thoughts?

I like it but it doesn't fit the theme imo.

might go out and cop some heroin in my city tomorrow, get comfy and listen to dungeon synth while i try to play Daggerfall. what do you lads think

blackened dildocore

>Darkthrone - New Wave of Heavy Black Metal
man that shit was bad when I listened to it lmao.

>Blood Cult - We Who Walk Behind The Row
Pretty generic playstyle but It lets me cheat on nbbmn so fuck it, thanks for the rec.

Heroin isn't a kvlt drug.

>heroin

no

yeh it is

Have fun user. My dealer od'd so I have no connection anymore :(

I appreciate people who do this

>heroin
>comfy

Is there an album as suffocatingly-grim as this one?

t. someone who has never done heroin

Uh, most DSBM?

>any opioid
>not comfy

>how do opiates work

You got me.

t. degenerates

Fucking amazing, relaxing as shit 9/10
>you are now HIS GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST
I should listen to some shit with riffs later though 2bh

You've never been given a painkiller? Kys yourself nerd

ITT

that doesnt make any sense they dont use heroin

Anyone playing any krieg games to go with their black metal?
Going with Call of Duty 1 and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault to get ino trve WWII vibes

>viable fusion of ambient and bm
>only realized on 2 tracks
Is there anything else like this? Stuff like Darkspace/Paysage hasn't achieved the same feeling.

amocoma-go to hell

pretty good so far. i've been digging really lo-fi bm albums

nu-males are all high on life, they don't need heroin

>kill yourself yourself

kys my man

Damn, sucks. Feel for you. I don't have any connections per se, was thinking of just taking a drive down to the green and see if I can cold-cop

meth is way more black metal than heroin

(you)

Black metal fans def. aren't nu-males

I disagree but meth isn't available on the east coast (where I live) even if I ever wanted to touch it in my life (I don't)

Confirmed.

can someone rec based on this? black metal dungeon synth splits get my dick hard

meth > heroin any day regardless of kvlt status

cocaine>meth

said nobody ever

:)

Lets get back on topic
What did you guys think of this?

I haven't check it out, cus I think Darkthrone hasn't got an actually good album since Panzerfaust. Is it good?

is it any good? I'm kind of wary of later darkthrone

Haven't listened to it :)

I really enjoyed it. It's a major step up from what they've been making for the past few years.

I thought it was pretty good.

anyone?

something similar to this would be good too

Any new bm releases to look forward to this month now that DsO is out?

I liked it

why is this even considered black metal?

hi fifh

It's not really considered black metal but it's related because it mostly became a thing from all of the ambient interludes and everything that you find in black metal albums

because from the same scenes/same musicians/same aesthetic/same lo-fi sound/ideology

Anyone else currently listening to a physical? What are listening to on what? Dungeon Synth tapes for the trve.

Pic related. 8/10

that's an answer i can totally see. thanks!

i get that, it just is irksome to conflate them. to me, at least. i dig dungeony shit and i dig black metal, but it's just incorrect

whats the best way to acquire dungeon synth tapes?

Buying and trading tends to work pretty well. You could also make them, I guess.

I don't think anyone is saying they're the same, but mostly everyone who likes black metal in these threads either really likes dungeon synth or tolerates it

Too much of a neet for that.

Listening to pic related atm... Listened to Upon Promeathean shores by them ages ago, but just now getting around to listening to their other stuff. I should've done this much earlier.

no, I totally agree with that, and you can include me in that category. i guess i was just thinking out loud, wondering if anyone had perspective on how it all came to exist this way

sodomize the holy asshole

Anyone else heard the new Behexen?

My black metal playlist lumps it all together because anything that gives a similar atmosphere or mood is fine in my book.

I think a lot of people here really enjoy anything from old dos rpgs, to fantasy novels, to tabletop rpgs, or at least something similar. Anyone who likes those things would probably enjoy dungeon synth.

I know even Varg has shown that he likes tabletop rpgs before. He even went as far as to make his own.

I've personally grown to enjoy dungeon synth just as much as black metal so I'm also pretty happy that it came to be that way.

just started spinning this record, still epitomizes antitheistic absurdity to this day

listened to this at work today
pretty good, was hoping it'd get a little weirder though
paracletus is one of my favs

whoever posted this in the last thread, thank you

you should check out the 'desert dances and serpent sermons' split with Volahn on it if you like this

I haven't listened to it, but people say it's their best album in 10 years. Make of that what you will.

>dungeon synth edition
post dungeon synth aotys.
ephemerallandscapes.bandcamp.com/album/ephemeral-landscapes

>'desert dances and serpent sermons' split
downloading it as i type this

What is /NBBMN/ listening to right now?

I'm a nonconformist bro /m\

I'm punk, but recently I've been listening to some metal and find that I enjoy quite a bit of it. I like metal that I can at least sorta understand (i.e. Not just screeching and guttural noises), I like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Dethklok, and Amorphis. My issue that I worry about is religion and how the metal community sees it.

I'm not Christian, but I share some things with christianity and would call myself more "eclectic" or neopagan. I know there are bands that are anti-Christian (slayer I heard) or anti-religion in general. I don't want to listen to these bands because I think it's just a dick move to bash religion (organized churches I can see issues with however) I don't have issues with most metal themes, like death, witchcraft, gore, sex, demons, etc. and I actually find the occult pretty intriguing. I take that the violence is part of the persona and that the bands don't actually support it.

So tldr question is, can I fit in with the metal community and be accepted as a "metalhead" despite being religions and looking down on/not listening to bands who are blantenty anti-religious. Sorry if I sound odd, all I know is punk.

Pic unrelated.

>it just is irksome to conflate them. to me, at least.
If you can't wrap your head around why they belong together you should stop listening to black metal or any metal all together and probably go listen to the Antlers or something you massive fucking faggot.

Taking a break with some Mortiis before i go to bed.
youtube.com/watch?v=E3dT804ZAlg

it's just music dude
listen to it or don't

kill yourself

>can I fit in with the metal community and be accepted as a "metalhead"
Never with that attitude.

youtube.com/watch?v=rVsYosoXQO4