ITT: Meme sports

ITT: Meme sports

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_hockey
youtube.com/watch?v=-Te4Vqat2HQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LPmxXt47XJU
vice.com/en_uk/read/is-quidditch-the-first-ever-lgbtq-inclusive-game-to-change-sports-forever
youtube.com/watch?v=l7O4uYXv4ok
igrugby.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>norway didn't qualify for the world cup
>we are allowed to join anyway because random "wild card"
wew

Then why did you post a image of the best sport :^)

The memest

this sport is only relevant during the olympics, but it is quite exciting then. a true meme sport.

Good post

Also, pic related

I genuinely had no idea this existed before i saw it in some american movie

>Serbia wins lol

You mean Hungary?

When I see curling, I always think it was invented by some bored maids in some rundown cheap motel during night shift tossing clothing irons down the floor and sweeping in front of them to see which one goes farthest

pic related

t. Plebo Plebov

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_hockey

What

The fuck

This sport just seems like a pain in the ass to play

It looks like reddit the sport.

>last gold in 2013
Ok

ultimate players are the worst, they think the actually are deep level sportsmen. I once saw a group of ultimate players try to play ultimate on a high school football field before security came and kicked them out.

It is actually kinda fun to play with friends but taking it real seriously is kinda sad

Sorry, but a meme sport does not generate 9.5 billion dollars in a season.

Not really a meme sport lad, just regional. Oddly, Aussies actually have three runner-ups in the world lacrosse championship history.

just like badminton

Underwater hockey is fucking based.

As a former competitive swimmer (who would occasionally get to play a game for 20 minutes at the end of a practice), water polo is incredibly tiring to play.

baseball is based you fuck

>Baseball
>boring or meme in any way

Try again Penaldo

That is why I said it looks like a pain in the ass. Who wants to have to tread water and swim back and forth all while actually trying to play the game?

Death jump

Fugg, we eliminated you, didn't we? Norway is eternal enemy of Slovenia in sports.

How do you even start training that?

Come with terms that you hate your life

i've only encountered jackasses who play it, but hey, I'm sure its fun to play.

worst sport is for sure motorcross, if thats considered a sport. otherwise, tennis.
golf is boring and tiring to play if you spend your whole day doing it and you aren't in a league, but its meh at best. men over 30 take it too seriously, but in the end, you either got it, or you don't. tennis on the otherhand, is a boring as fuck game that makes you run around a shit ton, and nobody ever knows how to actually volly properly. meme wise, racketball is another good one

If you live in any of those countries
>Slovenia
>Poland
>Austria
>Norway
>Germany
you go to the nearest ski jumping center and apply for a membership in a club. It's easy in those countries since they have an infrastructure needed for that sport.

>Regional

Add "prep" to that. My Uni has a Lacrosse team and the only kids who ever play it are the white boys who's familys have quite a bit of money

Kinda ironic considering it is an Native American sport and the average income level for a Native American in a reservation is low.

>ultimate players are the worst

Austinfag here, we have a bunch of them over here and I can confirm this. At least a good 3/4 of the consider themselves fit athletes even though they never work out or train

Kek

Yeah, but how do you get to that first jump? How do you get ready for that? Crazy shit.

There are a lot of jackasses that play it, but if you get some close friends to just play for fun it aint bad

You start off on a really small jump, like 5 meters or so big. Then you slowly proceed to the larger ones. You need to know how to ski decently before that.

These guys are nuts. That looks terrifying

They don't tell you about those who fail the jump. Ever wondered why there's woods around the jumping hill?

Fuuuck that.

In reality, ski jumping is a fairly safe sport, very few serious incidents have happened so far.

I enjoy these tbqh

How is Sarajevo

Ultimate frisbee.

The sport white kids play when they are too pussy to play real sports.

If you say so, based hat.

Leave tennis alone, it is the only decent 1vs1 sport (fighting is for plebs). It also requires quite a load of technique and especially fitness unlike say table tennis and badminton.

This sport is horrible.
>qatar finishes second in a world cup hosted in qatar
Yep, already happened in handball. Liquid shit sport and also usually played by even bigger retards than football.

underwater dickgrab luckthrow refball

>The sport white kids play
What do "black kids" play then?
Catching a bullet with your chest?

any sport that is not football or american football but your city / country is good at it so you pretend to give a fuck

I mean it's not like I'm above it I went to a bunch of swimming / water polo / handball events when I was younger and we were good at it but still they are joke sports, espcially when people desperately try to explain how it actually requires more skill / discipline / strength / other buzzwords than football

Legit though handball is fun as hell to play, even better when you modify it a bit to slow the game down

I've always found it funny how this sport is popular in Norway, Finland, Central Europe and out of nowhere - Japan

Japan are always weird like that. Their favourite sport is baseball and they're one of the fastest improving rugby nations (and even hosting the next rugby world cup)

>only decent 1v1 sport
I hope you're joking

underwater "rugby"

youtube.com/watch?v=-Te4Vqat2HQ

this looks like a sport you play if you want to murder someone

A lot of snowy mountains in Japan. Makes sense.

We rekt you in the middle of Hungary

kek

holy fuck my sides. the way they just sit in the goal

canoe polo

youtube.com/watch?v=LPmxXt47XJU

I'll try find the vice story on how quiddich is basically a LGBT movement and everyone is Flux gender or some shit.

They can't understand the concept that some 200lb guy will wreck the shit out of am 80lb girl regardless of which gender they woke up and decided to be that day

>Imagined by a woman
>based on fiction with supernatural elements
>played by middle class college kids

There isn't a bigger meme sport.

Oh come the fuck on, this can't be fucking real

>there's actually a crowd in the stands

>tfw fucking Quit Ditch became a thing and Rollerball didn't

I swear to god bike soccer is the most retarded thing ever happened in the history of humanity

Or if you want to "try" a man's crotch

Nope it didn't indoctrinate millennials since a young age.

Here you go lads

vice.com/en_uk/read/is-quidditch-the-first-ever-lgbtq-inclusive-game-to-change-sports-forever

>Tfw your sport isn't progressive enough

Depends on the region, lax is huge in HS these days breh

Yankeedom: preppie douches, ultimate definition of bro, and shittiest people playing shittiest style of lax
Deep South: lower middle class white dudes that play football in the fall and lax in the spring
West: stoner bros

oh shit i remember seeing this

what were they thinking

Who even came up with shit, my sides

Better than basketball by a land slide.

it's truly amazing what europeans with too much time on their hands get up to

>This thread
>pic related not brought up yet

Whoops literally the 4th post I'm retarded.

>Another member of their team, who wished to remain anonymous, said discovering quidditch was intrinsically linked to finding their identity. "I didn't know the word agender or gender neutral before I got into quidditch.

Well, there goes my day, ruined. Now I can go sleep and wait for NBA draft

AFL is the memest sport and literally only bogan victorians watch it

>that canoe to the face within 5 seconds

These look like salmons on breeding season covering the eggs with sperm.

water jousting

youtube.com/watch?v=l7O4uYXv4ok

ur just mad we won that shit

Pesäpallo

What the fuck is wrong with leftists?

All the fucking hipsters around here play bike polo on their fixies.

When I read "water jousting" I got slightly hyped, and now I'm just sad.

That would be based if they used ski jets or something, not this slow ass gondolas

JOUST

Janitor the game always puts me to sleep, what exactly is the appeal of watching people clean the floor?

Well they're into real-life quidditch for one.

>played by tumblr-tier kids

FIFY

This. Fucking chilangos, they aren't even good.

Mothers doing drugs while pregnant with them probably.

>is-quidditch-the-first-ever-lgbtq-inclusive-game-to-change-sports-forever

igrugby.org/

rugby's been gay for so long they have their own unions, are highly organized, and at least in DIII level men's rugby in the US throw down some seriously hilarious socials, those gays can drink yo

Perhaps you should try playing video games

>Deep South: lower middle class white dudes that play football in the fall and lax in the spring

I come from Texas dude and I can tell you that the lacrosse players here are preppy douches too that are upper-middle class at least