My dad died last week and it's hit me kinda hard bros...

My dad died last week and it's hit me kinda hard bros. Had a really rough time dealing with it just because he was one of the few people I've been actually close with in my lifetime. Figure tonight I'll get my mind off of it with my favorite song. Favorite song ever thread? Oblivion by Mastodon is mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r9BE4y-Hgao
youtube.com/watch?v=cj2Avxe8xAU
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ra3enj8zhQ
youtu.be/oMe4kVNKvNk
youtu.be/zi3C53vmnP8
youtu.be/k82MVc5cAso
youtu.be/QVmMX6cT5ts
youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5wuQn0KJk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dixie biscuits - Tape Five. Sorry about your dad

hope u feel better Sup Forumsro
maybe not my favorite song ever but it's been stuck in my head all fucking day

youtube.com/watch?v=r9BE4y-Hgao

Thanks bro. It's okay, he's better now that it's over. And I'm diggin the electro swing. Was listening to a lot of caravan palace lately.

It is kinda catchy. The video is awesome too. The old military footage always makes me have the most nationalist of feels

Sorry about your dad.
On the bright side, you can listen to Instant Crush by Daft Punk. It's a good song by a good band.

Awe fuck dude forgot about daft punk. They have some good jams. Haven't listened to that shit in a while. Same with mgmt, they kinda dropped off the face of the earth yanno?

As a fellow mastodon lover, I'm assuming you've heard of baroness. But if you haven't, go find a song called swollen and halo and listen to it

Lost mine a few years ago, same situation. So I know that feel brother. He loved you, always remember that.

Mine:Bayside-Gaurdrail youtube.com/watch?v=cj2Avxe8xAU

Bang.

A Waltz for Zizi. You're gonna carry that weight.

Sorry about your dad, bro. I don't have a favorite song but i'm listening this

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ra3enj8zhQ

I feel ya, man.
Momma- Kendrick Lamar
Shit hits me since I lost my mom.

Oh bro I'm about that baroness life. They're great for when I'm feeling the heavy ambient but don't want all the doom and gloom of Conan or Russian circles, my usual go to

yeah that sucks, my dad kicked it a few months ago.
used to play garage punk together, i put on Possession by Cheater Slicks a lot these days

Haven't listened to a lot of this style music but damn it's pretty good friendo. Jesus that space cowboy shit is hitting me harder than anime photos should.

Suicide season by bring me the horizon.

Trust me Sup Forumsro, it'll help :/ stay strong

A good song for when you feel down is Stay Positive by The Streets. I like to listen to it when I feel like shit

Dude right in the fucking feels. I remember I got him a Bob dylan cd and we sat and listened to it. The guitar in the beginning reminds me a lot of it.

No shit cried like a bitch listening to this on my way home tonight.

Can't give you a song, just wanted to say sorry about your dad x

Honestly "Suicide Season" is a decent album. "Count Your Blessings" and "There is a hell, believe me I've seen it. There is a heaven, let's keep it a secret" are way better

This is good shit man, preciate it. The oldschool vibes are one with the force.

It's okay brother. Honestly I never thought b would be the place for something like this but now I've got good feelings and good vibes. It's funny how you guys can offer more good will then my own girlfriend hah

Sorry for your loss, user. I dread the moment when my grandma will die.

youtu.be/oMe4kVNKvNk

Depressive song from a depressive person.

We're your brothers. That's special, even if we don't know each other.

This is the place where you'll be called a faggot for saying anything but people at least give enough of a fuck about you to take their time to insult you. Maybe it's because they're as miserable and don't know what to do but insult anonymous people on the internet, I don't know. What I do know is that I like it here no matter what people call me because they took time out of their day to call me a niggerfaggot and it feels good to know someone would do that. Sorry about your dad by the way, it will get better by time I promise

Also this song.
Heavy shit.
youtu.be/zi3C53vmnP8

>Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

will hit the feels

>Knights of Cydonia - Muse

sick song

Condolences on your loss, Sup Forumsro.

Depressing yet with a glimmer of hope, and a song I can listen to for HOURS on end, volume blasting, and never get tired of.

youtu.be/k82MVc5cAso

I think you hit the nail on the head man. I honestly always saw it as a cry for help or serious issues with loneliness when people just try to grab attention with shock value.

That is most certainly some heavy shit. Seriously digging the sweet little guitar interlude thing they did. Reminds me of some of the soft shit that august burns red did.

Bro pink floyd is one of my favorites. Also thanks for bringing up muse I think that's gonna be my bedtime jam tonight. They had some super dramatic faggy shit but I really dig it regardless.

This is like ace of base had a threesome with morphine and massive attack. I'm putting this on the list. Good suggestion user.

No problem man, and sorry for your loss, recently went to a few funerals myself. Stay strong, it gets better soon

Alright fellas I'm feeling a lot better. Thanks for all the kind words and actually got a lot of good new music and some reminders of lost loved music. I'm gonna hit some sleep now, night user(s)

>Oblivion by Mastodon

no wonder he died. Died of disappointment

My last suggestion of the night.
This song kept me from offing myself when I lost my dad(Its about the passing of the vocalists father). A friend of mines band from Illinois, Steady Hands. Broken up now, but the music they made meant alot to me.
Love you bro. Family comes in odd packages.

youtu.be/QVmMX6cT5ts

Night man. Sleep tight

youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5wuQn0KJk

how old is you Sup Forumsro

Sorry to hear user, all the best for your future endeavors.

As for GOAT song it'd be between the following:

>Radiohead - How to Disappear Completely
>Beach Boys - God Only Knows
>Built to Spill - Carry the Zero
>Pink Floyd - Echoes
>Pixies - Hey
>FISHMANS - Walking In the Rhythm

Boring answers I know, but that's fine. They're all practically interchangable for me.