Beach Boys general

So, I've been listening to Sunflower lately, and there's a lot of good songs on here that are really overlooked

>At My Window
>Deirdre
>All I Wanna Do
>Tears In The Morning
>Add Some Music To Your Day
>Cool Cool Water

Like, I understand why a lot of people don't like post Pet Sounds Beach Boys, which is kinda weird cause it's some weird shit to do with Mike Love (and I will admit, he's a piece of shit) but a lot of the music here is very good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sn0A8HOC8a8
youtube.com/watch?v=6SEZLzEZous
popmatters.com/post/193278-the-12-best-brian-wilson-songs/
youtube.com/watch?v=scIncjf0y0E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

heres another classic from a bri-wi ama
also i've always liked breakaway
youtube.com/watch?v=Sn0A8HOC8a8

Breakaway is one of their best song imo. Or at least I'll go as far as to say it's my favorite. Carl Wilson absolutely knocking that shit out of the park.

What's weird about 20/20 is that it had two Smile songs on side two, Cabinessence and Our Prayer. I always found that weird, considering Brian was basically guarding the masters.

Breakaway was a single, tho iirc

Aside from All I Wanna Do, Aren't You Glad is one of my favorite Beach Boy songs with Mike Love on the vocals
Weird how his voice can be comically nasally in some songs, and so pleasant in others
youtube.com/watch?v=6SEZLzEZous

Wild Honey is really good. I forget what one of the songs was, but Brian was working with some other people around the time (wanted to get away from some choice people) and Mike Love saw the lyrics he'd written for a song and begged him to let them use it, and Brian eventually caved in.

post rare Brians

>Mike Love saw the lyrics he'd written for a song and begged him to let them use it
what? elaborate

is that really drew barrymore?

Does anyone know the source of this quote? I keep seeing it posted on smileysmile threads
>"I just had to get through that goshdarn trial! I totally went crazy over that! Lots of stress! But I got through it. That's how it works. You've got hurdles, you know? A hurdle to me represents lots of mental effort and extreme mental stress. It's like a woman having a baby. What stress! To go through that! And for that big baby to come out of that little vagina. NOBODY KNOWS HOW THAT'S DONE! Someone can try to explain it, but you see the woman afterwards and she's cool. With artistic things, it's the same thing. Art doesn't come easy. It never did!"

popmatters.com/post/193278-the-12-best-brian-wilson-songs/

>11
>“Darlin’” was almost another song that got away from the Beach Boys. After the collapse of SMiLE and Wilson’s decreasing mental stability, the Beach Boys were falling out of relevancy in 1967 as the Beatles passed them by as pop innovators and newer, hipper, sounds were coming into the mainstream. At the time, Wilson started working with a new group called Redwood, who would later become Three Dog Night; he wrote and produced a song of theirs titled “Thinkin’ ‘Bout You Baby”. But when Mike Love and the other Beach Boys heard the recording, they convinced Wilson to give them the song instead. With new lyrics and a revamped song structure, “Darlin’” was recorded for their Wild Honey album and became a modest hit for the group.

I may have exaggerated it a tad bit from memory, but yeah, they asked and asked for it and eventually got it.

heres a bit from bri's new memoir about it

anyone have that rare snippet of the group doing some a capela melody? it was like only a few seconds long but it was pretty surreal sounding

Why doesn't Love You get more love???

Yeah, Mike Love seems like he was making the Wilson brothers his cronies, sort of insofar as he didn't let them have a say

you talking about this? brian recorded it all by himself while making don't talk
youtube.com/watch?v=scIncjf0y0E

ye thats it thanks

eh, they got their comeuppance

where my /friends/ at?

whats the context of that mike pic anyway

What books are those quotes from, user?

ayy, Friends is one of my favorite albums by them, aside from their two masterpieces (which, can imo be attributed to Brian)

bump

monster mash performance
storms: my life with lindsey buckingham and fleetwood mac and brian's new memoir

>tfw I'm Waiting For The Day is my favorite song on Pet Sounds but then I read that Brian doesn't like it and now my heart hurts

kek

brian truly is an evil man
did he say why he doesnt like it?