Do white Americans have culture?

do white Americans have culture?

what is "american culture"?
cuz right now it looks like mcdonalds and guns.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Lw30BeBZ6k
youtube.com/watch?v=eWgf--yIvA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The culture of success, freedom, happiness and well being, eurobitch.

Pic related. You literally don't even know.

>mcdonalds and guns
That pretty much sums it up

HOW DOES IT LOOK LIKE MCDONOLDS

im from texas though.

well when i think of other countries and their cultures i think of their food, common lifestyles, ect..

when i think of the USA an iconic food is burgers / fast food. there no special food in the USA thats been around for hundreds of years.

there are no restaurants that specialize in "american food" either.

bump

so culture has to
A) be food
&
B) be hundreds of years old
?

Jazz is often stated to be very big. But there is tons for food, movies, books, video games, music, other art, holidays, events, etc ... There is tons of verity in it.

Dubbel dubs checkd

no, i simply listed very specific qualities of culture in order to answer a specific questio.

obviously culture is a very large topic with a broad variety of components. some i didnt list are music, and religion.

Culture is what people do. White people stuff is like watching baseball, having a picnic at a park bench, reading at a coffee shop, having a family game night, and other generic af shit like that.

good points.
jazz comes from blacks though. food, all i can think of is burgers. theres no real original american food.

movies books and video games all fall into entertainment which is something every group of people want. i would not consider these cultural.

holidays and events are inspired by religion which has been around for thousands of years before the USA was even built.

we are known for rock and roll

>it looks like Mcdonalds and guns
And?

memorial day, veterans day, Independence day, martin luther king day, are not inspired by religion

Apple pie faggot

even though they are black they were born here. so they are american. therefore jazz is american

go away molly

dude everyone has those holidays.

every country has their independence day
every country has their social hero days
every country has their military respect days

its not anything new or specific to the US.

jazz was born out of racism
american culture is slavery then.

why are americans so obssesd with race ?!
also why do they think white people only live in america
culture wise, they'r just a mix of foreign cultures with their 300 year "history"

you said inspired by religion

All white culture is appropriated violently from the repressed masses of people of color. The only truly "white" part of white culture is unfettered aggression and male privilege.

to be fair several countries developed "heavy" music simultaneously.

>im from texas though
>what are Steaks, BBQ, Cajun Food in general
Maybe go outside there, Bubba. You live in one of the most American states in the country. You don't "see" a culture because to you it's just generic everyday shit. You have no reference for what would be considered "normal" outside of the US.
>tipping (yes it's a meme, but it's still true)
>cars (most Americans own one outside of Mega Cities, other countries rely much heavier on mass transit)
>gun culture
>Western culture in general
Seriously, just go be outside and do things, you'll see American culture. Or go to another country so you have a frame of reference.

I can't believe I just wasted all this time explaining this to some faggot that's probably never left his county. Go outside.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Lw30BeBZ6k

slavery dates back to early Greece.. come on bro. despite circumstances jazz was created and was and still is loved as a musical genre

thats exactly my point.
there is no culture in america.

and what is culture is just racist meaningless shit.

pic related is as cultural as ameritards get

american food bloggers are fucking hilarious and i'd say that counts as their "culture"
>IMMUH GO TO MUCCYDS AND GET ME THAT NEW DOUBLE TRIPLE DOUBLE WIT CHEESE

>moving goalposts; the post
He didn't say it was you argumentative cunt, he said they weren't inspired by religion.

i do go outside.
i live in a border city too and am very familiar with culture from a different country.

it just seems to me american culture is bullshit. its all superficial. i think it needs a few hundred more years to actually develop something with real meaning

Jazz is uniquely American, but it's the base for many music genres that many different races including white people have expanded upon.

Country music is in fact very American.

There is quite a bit of cuisine coming from foods that originate from the Americas that white people here have expanded upon.
There are numerous food that white people and the United States have expanded upon and made unique to the area.

Many different varieties of pizza, spaghetti and meatballs is American, there is a very specialized alcohol culture, and even tea and coffee culture. There are more foods including barbecue culture which is hugely popular. Another popular white cultural aspect is 50's diners culture. There are restaurants around the world, and even some still in the United States that have this.

Blue jeans is hugely influential, and so is quite a bit of different clothing related examples.

Not all holidays or events are inspired by religion. Especially numerous local events that occur in the nation that are related to heritage. Coming from more French region, we have huge French get-togethers.

You also have architecture, and many other things.

It's a huge list, many things that are specialized to America and even regions within America. But what people need to understand is that a lot of white American culture is simply altogether new, shared with other racial groups, or adaptations of European traditions.

Protip: American culture is the world's culture. You don't recognize it because it's been overlaying yours for so long.

Jazz. Even the musicians needed heroin to stand it.

i think the immigration of every nation plays a role in this.. other countries have their main identity i.e french, german, irish... but true "americans" were slaughtered and pushed west by the Europeans. america today does not have true race identity

yes and every country has theyre specific holidays to commemorate superficial bullshit.

its not culture.

>Dat RRA 9mm w/ can

op here, best reply in the thread and you make a ton of good points that i can not argue against.
i suppose most of these things seemed so mundane to me that i didnt even think about them as cultural.

Pizza is not american, and no, not even the "american" pizza is very american. Spaghetti and meatballs comes from the scandinavian countries if you dont mean the italian kind, alcohol "culture" is ripped from Britain, so is tea culture and your coffee culture is more of an italian knockoff than anything else.

The 50s "americana" diner though is truly american. Architecture is not a US strong point either.

american culture

how does culture even develop in the first place?

can a culture develop all on its own? or does it require borrowing from past or surrounding cultures?

Microbiological cultures can be grown in petri dishes of differing sizes that have a thin layer of agar-based growth medium. Once the growth medium in the petri dish is inoculated with the desired bacteria, the plates are incubated at the best temperature for the growing of the selected bacteria (for example, usually at 37 degrees Celsius for cultures from humans or animals, or lower for environmental cultures).

No you don't. Mexicans that live near the border might as well be American. Stop acting like you're some profound thinker and authority on culture because you "think" America has no culture. We do and you know it, you just think it's superficial because you're an edgy faggot who decided he hates his country because that's what edgy faggot teenagers do.

And I made several other points that you refused to acknowledge because they don't fit your narrow world view about how America is shit and the rest of the world is the epitome of culture and sophistication. It's 4 in the morning on a Tuesday, school still has another week to go. Go to bed, I'm sure you need the rest for exams, or whatever the fuck they call it now.

This is probably the most edgy autistic post I have seen. Some fat kid from texas crying about how he wants some refined vidya game or animu style culture. You want to know the funniest thing about this being the edgiest? I seen a thread about aborting all potatos, TFW

to be totally honest we are a country that is controled by marketing so everyone wants the new shit when the old shit gets old . and we like new shit. you can have a fucking shitty day or week or month but even for a fucking minute getting something new, clothes technology, books, music.. it just feels good DAMMIT IM AMERICAN AND IT FEELS GOOD TO CONSUME. you can judge us all you want ... we dont care

The fact that you would even ask something like that means youve never gotten high, culture can be taken on and off like clothes, it's a construct. American culture is extremely innovative and outside of the box, it's never been a strictly racial thing.

I always thought American culture compiled of niggers, getting shot, clapping after flights and theatres and Hollywood.

You need to make me a sandwich.

>This is what deluded americans believe

Consumerism.

Not saying it in a bad way, but that's the whole idea behind America and the American way: buying stuff, any kind of stuff.

Bit the b8

>Pizza is not american, and no, not even the "american" pizza is very american. Spaghetti and meatballs comes from the scandinavian countries if you dont mean the italian kind, alcohol "culture" is ripped from Britain, so is tea culture and your coffee culture is more of an italian knockoff than anything else.

It's the run of things. All cultures influence each other and take something and give something instead. For instance Russian "pelmeni" is rip-off of Chinese "wonton", Matryoshka doll is 19 century rip-off of Japanese "Daruma doll " and so on and on.

>He thinks there's something wrong with owning guns
I'll give you McDonalds because it's shit

mcdonalds bad
guns good
op faggot

cultures an individualism thing you are responsible for your own actions all in causation the rest is scapegoatism 2 wrongs dont make a right and ignorance is no excuse

seems to be an issue with the hierarchy

"culture" is a meme. it's basically how people waste time and feel special
>muh burritos
>muh shitty blues music
>muh pieces of cloth i wear

also culture doesn't really mean shit today where people are obssesed with themself, coming from a country with rich culture doesn't instantly make you enriched or smart or any shit

you know the QUADRILLION dollar US film and music industry? that's white american culture. culture is "the works and expressions of a people". white american culture is the biggest and most expansive and influential thing the world has ever seen.

that mat
unf

Nice S&W bruh

I have one for my 870 around somewhere too
They're very handy

i thought culture was past time and how i raise my kids

inherited ideas and patterns of behaivour as the human genome synthes to the progression of greater offspring from generation to generation

Good taste
It's probably my favourite gun I own

quadrillion x 0 = 0

Pelmini is just Russian dumplings
Served with sour cream
So good

being obsessed with yourself is fine its what type of character that self is ur implying vapid egotism and trying to hint at amoralness but u urself are to uncultured uneducated to really get to that next step so here you are donkey i am your carrot.

thank you user, mckenna truly was a visionary for the ages. The rejection of this fake culture is the acceptance of the community and coming closer to a true unity among all peaople

It's a dream to shoot. Recoil surprisingly low even with the short barrel.

Yeah with the 6-inch there's pretty much none

I bought it as a home defense weapon that my wife could shoot. Even she loves it. Truly a masterpiece.

Now I need to pick out a bear gun for my trip to to AK next year

They didn't eat that shit till the Mongol Invasion. Russians learnt loads of new things from the Mongols (even their word for "money" actually of mongol/tatar origin kek).

Sure we do

youtube.com/watch?v=eWgf--yIvA4

no we do nothing all day long lol.

gatherings and events are only things that happen in other places...

Not an American, but it's obvious that the most stand-out things from America in recent years is the general concept of popular culture. Movies, music, to a certain degree fashion, and some other things.

Not saying America has better or worse culture than others, because you can't really "rate" culture, but yes, America has a culture of the above things and diversity.

It's not called the melting pot of the world for nothing.

Three words.

Chicken

Fried

Steak

That's because you're thinking in terms of obvious uniqueness.
America doesn't have that, or at least not all the way across the country. It's too big, and all of its people are from other places. So everything cultural a certain group of people will have is going to be shared by some sort of people overseas because that's where they came from, and the cultural things came over with them when they came here.
What America does have-or rather used to have, it's going away rapidly now and almost gone-is freedom. Take British law, French agriculture, Dutch commerce, German industry and so on and then take away the systems of repression and plunder where the leaders think of the rest of the people only as clay to be molded into whatever vision of society they have without regard to their welfare.
So what's unique about America isn't what it has, it's what it doesn't.

...and all of them did it 20+ years after they heard Americans do it via Armed Forces radio in Europe.

we rendered culture and scraped it off the top of the melting pot in the 50s
its whatever the television tells us it is

Are you joking me??? Have you ever been to America?? Literally NOBODY thinks that it's only white people lmao

come to cali.
it's 90% of what anyone talks about here.
its annoying
fuck liberals

ITT:
>fish: there's nothing special about the water I live in-it's just water
>other fish: have you tried living in different water?
>1st fish: why would I need to? It's all the same.
>other fish: really it's not, go try it.
>1sy fish: nah

Try again kid.
Millions of "white" Americans have American Indian ancestry, even if they aren't a member of any current tribe. Millions more take advantage of the remnants of Indian knowledge and culture left behind in the cultural memories of their region. All the Chads playing Lacrosse at Ivy League schools are playing an Indian sport.